Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

BB should be allowed to coach and GM until he breaks Shula’s record no matter how the team does

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were up to me, BB can stay until he doesn't want to do it anymore.

And fark Shula's bitter, dead, wrinkly arse.

Absolutely not.
I've come to the realization that this seasons all about Mac and his progress, if he can continue to build off of the Minnesota game, and he can look like that, or a semblance of it the rest of the season then the qb questions can be put to rest.

Reflecting back on this season, aside from the coaching or lack there of.. they beat themselves more so than any team they've played just lining up and dominating them.. in the losses..

However I'm very curious to see if somehow they Can make the playoffs and maybe catch a team sleeping..

If it were up to me, BB can stay until he doesn't want to do it anymore.

And fark Shula's bitter, dead, wrinkly arse.

You left out cynical &cheating. Dirty Don flooded the field for a playoff game, outside of pumping in crowd noise there's probably not a more cynical cheat than that.

You left out cynical &cheating. Dirty Don flooded the field for a playoff game, outside of pumping in crowd noise there's probably not a more cynical cheat than that.

You're right I was too nice.

Fark Shula's dead, wrinkly, sanctimonious, self-righteous, bitter arse with a snow plow wrapped in Isotoner gloves.

i voted no but it really depends. Do they continue to play at least .500 ball with a shot at the playoffs every year? Then coach can stay on the sideline until that number is so far out of reach the next guy will need to start coaching by 20 to have a chance. BB has also earned the right to have a bad season or three to reload and get the players he wants so I wouldnt hold a say 4-13 season against him. That said if he missed the playoffs a couple years in a row AND they had a good replacement in mind… no one is bigger then the team even the GOAT.

I'd rather have Bill stay and have him bring in better assistants. In fact, go back and look at the coaching staff from 2000-2005 then look at the coaching staff now.

Kraft did say BB is the biggest A*** in his life...

Given some of his other 31 brethren, I would say Kraft might want to re-think that assertion.

And he should forever kiss the arse of the biggest arse in his life.

I'd rather have Bill stay and have him bring in better assistants. In fact, go back and look at the coaching staff from 2000-2005 then look at the coaching staff now.
This! I just don’t get the logic of surrounding yourself with people so incompetent that you must work HARDER at 70

I've come to the realization that this seasons all about Mac and his progress, if he can continue to build off of the Minnesota game, and he can look like that, or a semblance of it the rest of the season then the qb questions can be put to rest.

Reflecting back on this season, aside from the coaching or lack there of.. they beat themselves more so than any team they've played just lining up and dominating them.. in the losses..

However I'm very curious to see if somehow they Can make the playoffs and maybe catch a team sleeping..
I am OK with rebuilding. 9-8, 9-8, 10-7 etc. Even a losing season like 2020. It happens.

Multiple losing seasons with no hope? Been there and it's not fun and it means Bill didn't have Dynasty III in him.

Last edited:
IMHO Belichick has earned the right to leave on his own terms.
Too bad Brady wasn't afforded the same courtesy.

I voted no because it would be really pathetic watching a head coaching icon of Belichick's stature floundering around on the sideline like an old buffoon with multiple losing seasons because he wants to set some record achieved through mere longevity. Stats are for losers come to fruition. Aside from the irony, no thank you.

Too bad Brady wasn't afforded the same courtesy.

I voted no because it would be really pathetic watching a head coaching icon of Belichick's stature floundering around on the sideline like an old buffoon with multiple losing seasons because he wants to set some record achieved through mere longevity. Stats are for losers come to fruition. Aside from the irony, no thank you.
Watching Tom Landry's last 3 years of 7-9, 7-9 and 3-13 were painful to watch and I don't even like the Cowboys.

IMHO Belichick has earned the right to leave on his own terms.

I normally would agree with this ... probably still do. But his assistant coach hires this year have shaken my faith for the first time since he arrived 23 years ago. The only possible caveat is maybe BB had other plans for the offensive staff that didn't materialize, so he went with Plan B, Patricia and Judge. Chiefly because of those two -- and the curious choice of no experienced OL coach -- this team has underperformed with adequate roster talent. We'll see how the balance of this season pans out and if staff changes happen offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes