PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is BB’s Mindset on this Season?

Bill is 71. No NFL head coach has won anything at that age never mind a GM AND HC. It’s a lot to ask of anyone much less a 71 year old man. Also a lot to ask a coach with a half century of experience to change his ways.

Albeit, the thing that irritates all of us is when people completely dismiss the contributions prior to 2019 and give him zero credit for his part in it. Yes, Brady would hold the majority of it because that's how it is with quarterbacks (especially with one who is the GOAT), but to say Belichick's portion is 0% is where my issue would be. Aside from that, I feel like no one here is being restricted from any opinions.

This is a straw man argument. Who has ever said this on this board? Back to the point, what is the appropriate percentage?

This is a straw man argument. Who has ever said this on this board? Back to the point, what is the appropriate percentage?
Not that I want to rehash it, but a fair amount of people have essentially said you could plug and play anyone. That infers that Belichick's portion is basically meaningless. Which was the point I was making that I didn't agree with.

I am expecting Belichick to pop up in a Southwest commercial any day.

“Wanna Get Away ?”

I think Bill's fundamental flaw is that he's too willing to listen to and/or hire his buddies. That's the root of a bunch of the bad draft picks and the questionable coaching picks.

I still think it's way premature to say Bill can't coach anymore or that his offensive or defensive systems can't work. The defense looked decent enough before everyone got injured (and the bad offensive play makes the defense look worse than it is) and the skill level of the offensive players is too low to tell if Bill's desired offensive system would work or not. To be clear, the fact that the skill level is so low is on Bill!

So I'd like to see a major rein-in of Bill's GM powers.

As for what's left of this season, Bill's on the horns of a dilemma. If he tries and manages to right the ship somewhat that means a mediocre record and the pain continues because they won't be drafting high enough. On the other hand, a crappy record is personally and professionally painful, as it should be, and I'm sure tanking is offensive to him, as it also should be.

My thoughts are if you have abandoned the team you should abandon patsFANS.com
Lighten up Francis !
People have a right to criticize the team & coaches the way things have gone since Brady left.

It is a fans right to be able to ***** about their team & coach.

We also don’t have to surrender out right to root for the team, if we laugh at Bob Kraft Jokes

Nobody is perfect & that includes Belichick & Kraft

I think Bill's fundamental flaw is that he's too willing to listen to and/or hire his buddies. That's the root of a bunch of the bad draft picks and the questionable coaching picks.

I still think it's way premature to say Bill can't coach anymore or that his offensive or defensive systems can't work. The defense looked decent enough before everyone got injured (and the bad offensive play makes the defense look worse than it is) and the skill level of the offensive players is too low to tell if Bill's desired offensive system would work or not. To be clear, the fact that the skill level is so low is on Bill!

So I'd like to see a major rein-in of Bill's GM powers.

As for what's left of this season, Bill's on the horns of a dilemma. If he tries and manages to right the ship somewhat that means a mediocre record and the pain continues because they won't be drafting high enough. On the other hand, a crappy record is personally and professionally painful, as it should be, and I'm sure tanking is offensive to him, as it also should be.
I think 71 year old Bill has grossly underestimated the new speed in league offenses. I think he thinks he can counter with a good D. Not so much.

Lighten up Francis !
People have a right to criticize the team & coaches the way things have gone since Brady left.

It is a fans right to be able to ***** about their team & coach.

We also don’t have to surrender out right to root for the team, if we laugh at Bob Kraft Jokes

Nobody is perfect & that includes Belichick & Kraft
That poster wasn’t criticizing he said he gave up on the team cancelled his ability to watch games and wants to put a bag over his head.
Why would you give up watching the games yet post here?

Bills mindset is clearly IDGAF

BB mindset: Mac Jones is a ****ty QB.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3