Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Please can someone remove Volin from Twitter feed

• Yes Already.. Freedom of speech shouldn't apply to trolls

• No.. Freedom of speech.. no matter how bad the guy is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is up with football fans needing a 'safe space'?

Opposing points of view, freedom of speech ,.................... whatever. When it comes to my team it still applies. Say what you will, I will sort through it, I will survive. Along with the Pats. Screw the NFL*.

it's up to @Ian, has nothing to do with the first amendment.

Please can the site stop advertising this troll reporter please.

Enough is enough and his latest piece clearly shows that he is about harming the name of the Patriots than promoting.

Cheers
Volin does occasionally offer newsworthy bits, which is the reason he remains in the feed. I read the same column you did, and there were some useful bits of information in that piece despite a couple of opinions he made that I don't necessarily agree with, especially considering the tone behind a couple of his comments.

But anyway, that's my reasoning behind leaving him in there.

I will say that I've removed writers in the past with a history of inflammatory comments while never breaking news or offering up interesting bits of information in their pieces. So I have zero issue doing so when it reaches a level where they're a problem. But I'll also say that when I've reached out directly to him, he's been very approachable and a good guy. Keep in mind, he was a beat writer for the Dolphins for years and doesn't have the same bias we do, and that's the reason why he comes out with the comments he does. Again, I don't agree with some of them, but I'm reasonable enough to understand it.

I'd vote yes but the freedom of speech rights we have apply to the government arresting you for the things you say. This is a private website. The "freedom of speech" doesn't apply here.

Like if you went to a Jewish club and started spouting off antisemetic slogans, they can kick you out and you can't turn around and sue them because it's a private club. Now, if you're outside the club on the street doing the same thing, that's a different story.

My point is, we can absolutely kick Volin off the feed without violating the Constitution. Change the language of the "Yes" option and I'll vote for it.

Again, I'm sure there are people who disagree with me and I completely understand why. But as @Deus Irae pointed out, I'm not going to completely kill the guy because of his opinions. He also listened to Miguel regarding some of his errors regarding the cap when he first got here and I respect the way Ben handled it, and for the way he's been during my interactions with him.

If we get pissed off at and want to ban all of the people in the media who we think are anti-Patriot, there won't be too many to read, watch or listen to. It's freaking simple: don't read them, don't watch them and don't listen to them. Prime example: people here who hate Felger and Mazz, claim they never listen to them, but tattle like second graders every time they say something anti-Patriot 14 seconds after it's said. Get over it. Our fanbase has a national reputation for being overly-sensitive, and it's largely undeserved, in my opinion. But, not entirely.

If we get pissed off at and want to ban all of the people in the media who we think are anti-Patriot, there won't be too many to read, watch or listen to. It's freaking simple: don't read them, don't watch them and don't listen to them. Prime example: people here who hate Felger and Mazz, claim they never listen to them, but tattle like second graders every time they say something anti-Patriot 14 seconds after it's said. Get over it. Our fanbase has a national reputation for being overly-sensitive, and it's largely undeserved, in my opinion. But, not entirely.

That's the thing. His Twitter feed on this site gives him one less follower. If the mods decide to ban him, that's -1 in his column. Plus, it looks good because we, as Pats fans, refuse to endorse what he says.

That's the thing. His Twitter feed on this site gives him one less follower. If the mods decide to ban him, that's -1 in his column. Plus, it looks good because we, as Pats fans, refuse to endorse what he says.
Yep, validating a terrible reporter doesn't put the board on the high road. If you believe Jeff Howe, Volin is at the stadium a lot less than most reporters. Bad reporter, bad twitter follow.

I wish we had an option to remove the twitter feed. It's awful, lots of stuff out of date, no context and way too big.

Those I want to follow on twitter, I already do.

It's not out of date. This is the list of people currently in there:

1. Jim Donaldson @JDonaldsonProJo
    Providence Journal Sports Columnist

2. Glen Farley @GFarley_ent
    Covering the Patriots for The Enterprise of Brockton, Ma., and The Patriot Ledger in Quincy, Ma.

3. Michael Whitmer @GlobeWhitmer
    Patriots beat writer for @BostonGlobe. I also cover golf -- and have mastered the art of three-putting.

4. Paul Perillo @pfwpaul
    Editor, Patriots Football Weekly, co-host PFW in Progress and PFW TV, hopelessly addicted to Northeastern hoops and hockey

5. Erik Scalavino @E_Scal
    Artist. Writer. Traveler. @NutmegAnimals founder.@Patriots journalist. Musician. Aesthete. Authoring an African safari memoir. Instagram: E_Scal

6. Michael GiardiVerified account @MikeGiardi
    Live and let live

7. Scott ZolakVerified account @scottzolak
    Co-Host of Zolak & Bertrand 985 The Sports Hub 10-2. Patriots Color Analyst for The Patriots Radio Network #SUP #FREEBRADY !!!!!!!! @mortreportblocked me

8. CapSpace=$12,156,355 @patscap
    Nancy Benzan's husband was 1st to create salary cap page devoted to 1 team. Top 25 http://Boston.Com best sports follow. Called cap wizard by Mike Reiss

9. Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer
    National reporter, NFL Network. 98.5 The Sports Hub. Product of the Boston Globe, Dallas Morning News, MW Daily News, Ohio State and Sudbury, MA.

10. Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
    New England Patriots beat reporter for the Boston Herald. Follow me. You'll feel better about yourself. Buy a #GamePants shirthttp://oneoffapparel.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/gamepants…

11. Field YatesVerified account @FieldYates
    NFL reporter for ESPN. Co-host of the Fantasy Focus Football podcast. Graduate of Belmont Hill and Wesleyan.

12. Ben VolinVerified account @BenVolin
    NFL/Patriots writer at the Boston Globe. [email protected]

13. Karen GuregianVerified account @kguregian
    Patriots beat columnist for the Boston Herald

14. Andy Hart @JumboHart
    Asst. Editor of Patriots Football Weekly/Patriots.com, co-host of PFW in Progress and Dunkin Donuts Patriots Pre-Game Social online radio shows.

15. Christopher PriceVerified account @cpriceNFL
    Married to @kpadvocacy. Father of The Kid. Coffee snob & runner. I write & talk about football--mostly the Patriots--for WEEI.

16. Mike ReissVerified account @MikeReiss
    ESPN NFL Nation reporter covering the New England Patriots. Reporter/analyst for http://ESPNBoston.com.

17. Matt ChathamVerified account @chatham58
    3X Super Bowl champ. Founder ofhttp://footballbyfootball.com. Writer/analyst/broadcaster: NESN, ESPN, http://FoxSports.com & Patriots This Week. Crepe fries FTW

18. New England PatriotsVerified account @Patriots
    Official New England Patriots Twitter #PatriotsNation

19. Brian Lowe @_BLowe
    Reporter for http://Patriots.com, fantasy football ''expert'' and observer of the Boston sports scene.

20. shalise manza youngVerified account @shalisemyoung
    wife, mother, aunt, sister, coach, teacher. NFL writer for Y! Shutdown Corner.

21. Mike PetragliaVerified account @Trags
    Always on the go, covering sports in Boston, the best sports town in America, for WEEI and http://WEEI.com.

22. Tom E. CurranVerified account @tomecurran
    Pats Insider, CSNNE People that dry-hump stats to make a point probably prefer reading sheet music to hearing the song. – Aqib Talib.

23. Greg A. BedardVerified account @GregABedard
    SI/SI.com senior NFL writer. Father, husband, Rutgers grad, covered Patriots, Packers & Dolphins.

24. James Christensen @NEPatriotsDraft
It's the offseason, so there are writers who are currently covering other sports. But otherwise, that's the list. Shalise would be the only other potential exception because she's with Yahoo now, and the same could be said for Bedard being with SI and Field Yates, but each do occasionally chime in with Patriots-related stuff.

Obviously if there are any suggestions for people to add, I'm certainly happy to that as well.

Honestly, arch, I hate his writings and media work with the heat of a million burning suns. But, he's a trolling dink. Deserves to be ignored.

It's not out of date. This is the list of people currently in there:
By out of date, I meant the tweets not those who are on the list.

It's your board, and the best out there, but the huge twitter feed is a big negative for me.

I unfollowed SMY and Breer, to name two, for good reason and it sucks to see their speel here. I'm sure others love it, just throwing in my two cents that I wish we could turn it off individually.

Honestly, arch, I hate his writings and media work with the heat of a million burning suns. But, he's a trolling dink. Deserves to be ignored.

I agree.

By out of date, I meant the tweets not those who are on the list.

It's your board, and the best out there, but the huge twitter feed is a big negative for me.

I unfollowed SMY and Breer, to name two, for good reason and it sucks to see their speel here. I'm sure others love it, just throwing in my two cents that I wish we could turn it off individually.
And that's completely fine and I have zero issue with your reasoning. And as for being able to turn it off, people in your usergroup will have that capability in the next version of the template once I get finished with it :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back