Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Please can someone remove Volin from Twitter feed

• Yes Already.. Freedom of speech shouldn't apply to trolls

• No.. Freedom of speech.. no matter how bad the guy is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's completely fine and I have zero issue with your reasoning. And as for being able to turn it off, people in your usergroup will have that capability in the next version of the template once I get finished with it :cool:
Awesome, thanks.

I should add that the board was temporarily banned at work and I really missed it (occasional use of course) none of the other Patriots boards come close.

That's a nice, long list of writers on the twitter feed. Therefore, we could do with 2 less of them and not miss a beat. So I say: get rid of Volin & Breer IMMEDIATELY.

Why these 2 schmucks with obvious Patriots and Patriots fans hatred are allowed on a Patriots fans website makes no sense whatsoever. And any information these a-holes provide can be very easily gleaned elsewhere.

That's a nice, long list of writers on the twitter feed. Therefore, we could do with 2 less of them and not miss a beat. So I say: get rid of Volin & Breer IMMEDIATELY.

Why these 2 schmucks with obvious Patriots and Patriots fans hatred are allowed on a Patriots fans website makes no sense whatsoever. And any information these a-holes provide can be very easily gleaned elsewhere.
Breer last season had instances where he broke injury news related to the Patriots and last offseason several times had things related to deflategate. I've already explained my reasoning regarding Volin.

And I bet that Breer broke news of Patriots injuries with a smile on his face.

Awesome, thanks.

I should add that the board was temporarily banned at work and I really missed it (occasional use of course) none of the other Patriots boards come close.
Now that I've gotten the server out of the way, a lot of effort will be put into improving the site and some of this conversation has sparked a couple of ideas, so you'll have more control over a few things once this is all done. Hoping to get it all done before the draft, so we'll see how it goes.

And I bet that Breer broke news of Patriots injuries with a smile on his face.
I will note that you don't see some key radio personalities in there - and with good reason :cool:

Someone like Doug Kyed would be a huge upgrade over Volin.

Ian, how do I check on my "PatsFans.com Supporter" area, I just want to make sure you have the latest, correct info etc, and keep forgetting to ask. I've looked and looked and can't find how to check on/update that.

Someone like Doug Kyed would be a huge upgrade over Volin.

Ian, how do I check on my "PatsFans.com Supporter" area, I just want to make sure you have the latest, correct info etc, and keep forgetting to ask. I've looked and looked and can't find how to check on/update that.
Good call on Doug, I just added him.

As for the Supporter info, I'd have to look but I'm building out something that will allow you to check/edit that. So that will be part of the update as well.

I will say this about Ben Volin. He asked me for questions/assistance and will correct his mistakes when I point out to them. Unlike some other beat reporters, he has gone out of his way to credit me and to listen to me.

See Tom Brady's December 2014 restructure. He retweeted my tweet. He could have done what some other beat reporters did - Tweet the gist of what I said but using different verbiage without giving me credit. Ben did not. For that I have the upmost respect for Ben.

It sounds like Volin is good at playing politics and being nice to the people he needs to be nice to, which is why Ian and Miguel have has positive experiences with him.

My take? Remove his ass until he respects more than just the people who he thinks are worth his respect. That means no more obvious trolling of Pats fans, retweeting/quoting the ones celebrating injuries and saying stuff like "wow, classy" as if fans of all 32 teams don't do that.

Plus, he has literally negative integrity when it comes to Deflategate coverage. There's no attempt at neutrality, it's just as bad as us homers.

It sounds like Volin is good at playing politics and being nice to the people he needs to be nice to, which is why Ian and Miguel have has positive experiences with him.

I feel like I was just insulted.

My take? Remove his ass until he respects more than just the people who he thinks are worth his respect. That means no more obvious trolling of Pats fans, retweeting/quoting the ones celebrating injuries and saying stuff like "wow, classy" as if fans of all 32 teams don't do that.

Plus, he has literally negative integrity when it comes to Deflategate coverage. There's no attempt at neutrality, it's just as bad as us homers.
I'm not naive enough for his treatment of me to affect my opinion of his writing, or his take on certain topics. Without ranking the writers there are obviously ones who provide more insight than others and in fairness Volin does do a good job with some of his analysis and his film review, although you're talking about someone who replaced Greg Bedard, who was absolutely terrific and irreplaceable IMO. Having followed his writing when he was covering the Dolphins, as I said, you're getting a guy with no ties to this region and he's more outspoken than some of the others in terms of some of his opinions. I'm O.K. with that because I don't mind reading differing opinions as opposed to the collective take from all the local writers who sometimes remain a little too neutral, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. But I prefer reading things from all different angles with different perspectives and obviously everyone is different.

But again, the true "trolls" are not included in that feed and a couple of them, despite the fact I have a good relationship with them, I choose not to include them due to the fact they offer zero beyond inciting the masses. I have zero issue for those who prefer otherwise and again, you'll have the ability to control that in the future.

And not to defend him, but this is the paragraph some people are talking about from his notes on Sunday, the final sentence of which a high percentage of people here agree 100% with:

"Between the Patriots dropping Brady’s base salaries to $1 million the next two seasons, and the release on Friday of an 8,000-word opus debunking the top 15 myths about Deflategate on “The Wells Report In Context,” the Patriots sure seem like a team that is bracing for Brady to lose the appeal and serve his four-game suspension. We applaud the Patriots’ attempt at transparency, but if they’re so passionate about their innocence and setting the record straight, it’s time to stop barking and take the
NFL to court.
"

We applaud the Patriots’ attempt at transparency, but if they’re so passionate about their innocence and setting the record straight, it’s time to stop barking and take the NFL to court."

Volin was as unprofessional as the worst of the Deflategate sensationalists.

Take how the man was desperately trying to throw shade at the AEI report. When the Kraft Paid for AEI to Write That Report blew up in his face, he didn't take a moment to gain his composure, instead he responded the next day with an article highlighting a local mathematician that was willing to go on record stating AEI got it wrong and Exponent got it right.

Except he had to misrepresent AEI' criticism of the math to do so.

While I agree with what he's saying on the surface here, he also contributed as much as anybody to making Deflategate as painful as possible for Patriot fans. Telling us to "man up" now really reads like a petty bully relishing in a bit of self-congratulatory bravado.

I've never really understood all the volin hate, somehow because he doesn't say what you necessarily like all the time he's a jerk. You can just not read his stuff if you hate him so much

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I've never really understood all the volin hate, somehow because he doesn't say what you necessarily like all the time he's a jerk. You can just not read his stuff if you hate him so much

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I think the point here is that with Volin on the front page feed, you can't NOT read his stuff.

And I'm sorry, the dislike for Volin is just a bit more grounded than he "doesnt always say what we necessarily like all the time".

Bedard rightfully carries a lot of respect around here and yet I seem to recall many times he's been critical of Belichick and the Patriots. Bedard hasn't exactly been on our side for Deflategate either.

For what it's worth, I still selectively read Volin's articles and I even follow him on Twitter (as painful as that can be) but I also think being able to customize the Twitter feed is the perfect solution here and I applaud Ian for constantly striving to make Patfans.com better.

I also think being able to customize the Twitter feed is the perfect solution here and I applaud Ian for constantly striving to make Patfans.com better.

I'll shoot for that to be the plan for the next version of things, then you'll be able to include whoever you want. Problem solved :cool:

Like if you went to a Jewish club and started spouting off antisemetic slogans, they can kick you out and you can't turn around and sue them because it's a private club. Now, if you're outside the club on the street doing the same thing, that's a different story

You can sue them if you are outside on the street spouting off anti-semetic slogans and they won't let you in their club?

I vote for keeping him on but any poster who refers to him as anything other than "Trollin' Volin" gets banned.

It's not out of date. This is the list of people currently in there:

1. Jim Donaldson @JDonaldsonProJo
    Providence Journal Sports Columnist

2. Glen Farley @GFarley_ent
    Covering the Patriots for The Enterprise of Brockton, Ma., and The Patriot Ledger in Quincy, Ma.

3. Michael Whitmer @GlobeWhitmer
    Patriots beat writer for @BostonGlobe. I also cover golf -- and have mastered the art of three-putting.

4. Paul Perillo @pfwpaul
    Editor, Patriots Football Weekly, co-host PFW in Progress and PFW TV, hopelessly addicted to Northeastern hoops and hockey

5. Erik Scalavino @E_Scal
    Artist. Writer. Traveler. @NutmegAnimals founder.@Patriots journalist. Musician. Aesthete. Authoring an African safari memoir. Instagram: E_Scal

6. Michael GiardiVerified account @MikeGiardi
    Live and let live

7. Scott ZolakVerified account @scottzolak
    Co-Host of Zolak & Bertrand 985 The Sports Hub 10-2. Patriots Color Analyst for The Patriots Radio Network #SUP #FREEBRADY !!!!!!!! @mortreportblocked me

8. CapSpace=$12,156,355 @patscap
    Nancy Benzan's husband was 1st to create salary cap page devoted to 1 team. Top 25 http://Boston.Com best sports follow. Called cap wizard by Mike Reiss

9. Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer
    National reporter, NFL Network. 98.5 The Sports Hub. Product of the Boston Globe, Dallas Morning News, MW Daily News, Ohio State and Sudbury, MA.

10. Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
    New England Patriots beat reporter for the Boston Herald. Follow me. You'll feel better about yourself. Buy a #GamePants shirthttp://oneoffapparel.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/gamepants…

11. Field YatesVerified account @FieldYates
    NFL reporter for ESPN. Co-host of the Fantasy Focus Football podcast. Graduate of Belmont Hill and Wesleyan.

12. Ben VolinVerified account @BenVolin
    NFL/Patriots writer at the Boston Globe. [email protected]

13. Karen GuregianVerified account @kguregian
    Patriots beat columnist for the Boston Herald

14. Andy Hart @JumboHart
    Asst. Editor of Patriots Football Weekly/Patriots.com, co-host of PFW in Progress and Dunkin Donuts Patriots Pre-Game Social online radio shows.

15. Christopher PriceVerified account @cpriceNFL
    Married to @kpadvocacy. Father of The Kid. Coffee snob & runner. I write & talk about football--mostly the Patriots--for WEEI.

16. Mike ReissVerified account @MikeReiss
    ESPN NFL Nation reporter covering the New England Patriots. Reporter/analyst for http://ESPNBoston.com.

17. Matt ChathamVerified account @chatham58
    3X Super Bowl champ. Founder ofhttp://footballbyfootball.com. Writer/analyst/broadcaster: NESN, ESPN, http://FoxSports.com & Patriots This Week. Crepe fries FTW

18. New England PatriotsVerified account @Patriots
    Official New England Patriots Twitter #PatriotsNation

19. Brian Lowe @_BLowe
    Reporter for http://Patriots.com, fantasy football ''expert'' and observer of the Boston sports scene.

20. shalise manza youngVerified account @shalisemyoung
    wife, mother, aunt, sister, coach, teacher. NFL writer for Y! Shutdown Corner.

21. Mike PetragliaVerified account @Trags
    Always on the go, covering sports in Boston, the best sports town in America, for WEEI and http://WEEI.com.

22. Tom E. CurranVerified account @tomecurran
    Pats Insider, CSNNE People that dry-hump stats to make a point probably prefer reading sheet music to hearing the song. – Aqib Talib.

23. Greg A. BedardVerified account @GregABedard
    SI/SI.com senior NFL writer. Father, husband, Rutgers grad, covered Patriots, Packers & Dolphins.

24. James Christensen @NEPatriotsDraft
It's the offseason, so there are writers who are currently covering other sports. But otherwise, that's the list. Shalise would be the only other potential exception because she's with Yahoo now, and the same could be said for Bedard being with SI and Field Yates, but each do occasionally chime in with Patriots-related stuff.

Obviously if there are any suggestions for people to add, I'm certainly happy to that as well.

I like Loyko... He is not a ´´writer`` but if Volin fits the criteria he is way better

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes