PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bailey Zappe in the Red Zone Sunday Night and This Season

I think BOB has been really good in the red zone but Mac Jones was dogshit. Zappe is not dogshit and is actually executing the play calls instead of ****ting his pants throwing red zone INTs and this is the result.

I think BOB has been really good in the red zone but Mac Jones was dogshit. Zappe is not dogshit and is actually executing the play calls instead of ****ting his pants throwing red zone INTs and this is the result.
He's also much better at scrambling and keeping his cool until he finds an open guy.

That TD where he found Gesicki was reminiscent of his TD pass to Thornton against the Browns last year. First read wasn't there and he hung in the pocket and made a great throw through traffic.

Why not Zappe? Seriously, why not? I love his demeanor, humble, follow directions from coaching, never complains and takes responsibility. Speaks well, good franchise man. Got kicked off the team and still has no regrets. I don't want no first round primadona, Seriously. Go ahead Zappe, keep proving yourself. To Me you are putting the ball in good spots. Obrien should pass the ball more, so dam conservative. We are done this year, put the kid thru the test, trust him. He is maturing well. Have Brady chat with him, hell he was a 6th rounder. When the last time you seen a qb put the team on his shoulders and win a road game? Maybe not a Superbowl caliber qb but in the process for sure. Now let's Beat Buffalo!

Last edited:
Why not Zappe? Seriously, why not? I love his demeanor, humble, follow directions from coaching, never complains and takes responsibility. Speaks well, good franchise man. Got kicked off the team and still has no regrets. I don't want no first round primadona, Seriously. Go ahead Zappe, keep proving yourself. To Me you are putting the ball in good spots. Obrien should pass the ball more, so dam conservative. We are done this year, put the kid thru the test, trust him. He is maturing well. Have Brady chat with him, hell he was a 6th rounder. When the last time you seen a qb put the team on his shoulders and win a road game? Maybe not a Superbowl caliber qb but in the process for sure. Now let's Beat Buffalo!
Agreed. But I’ll tell you why not.

Zappe doesn’t have the pedigree. He’s not a top QB from from a top football school. He wasn’t highly touted pre-draft. He wasn’t drafted high, only went in the fourth round. He‘s too short.

All he did was set the FBS season records for passing yards and passing touchdowns in his senior year.

so he can’t be a franchise QB.

I want to see more these next three games. If he performs well he is the QB to start next year with a rookie drafted relatively high.

If he is capable of being more than a bridge QB he’ll have the opportunity to prove it, hopefully with a bolstered supporting cast through the draft and free agency.

Let’s calm down. Remember that the master talent evaluator cut him before the season started.

Let’s calm down. Remember that the master talent evaluator cut him before the season started.
Just the Emperor giving the rest of the league a chance before he steamrolls them all again

L
I want to see more these next three games. If he performs well he is the QB to start next year with a rookie drafted relatively high.

If he is capable of being more than a bridge QB he’ll have the opportunity to prove it, hopefully with a bolstered supporting cast through the draft and free agency.

Theres only two games left but I agree let’s let him finish this season and start him week 1

Same guy who didn’t let Brady start his rookie season …. Imagine

Agreed. But I’ll tell you why not.

Zappe doesn’t have the pedigree. He’s not a top QB from from a top football school. He wasn’t highly touted pre-draft. He wasn’t drafted high, only went in the fourth round. He‘s too short.

All he did was set the FBS season records for passing yards and passing touchdowns in his senior year.

so he can’t be a franchise QB.
Just like Tom Brady. He went in the 6th round, 199th pick. Sat the bench until Bledsoe got hurt. No one seen his coming either...

Last edited:
He's also much better at scrambling and keeping his cool until he finds an open guy.
Zappe def not the most talented QB but he’s always had good composure in the pocket

Zappe's stats as a starter:

70.3% comp. pct.
1314 yards
9 TDs
3 INTs
102.7 rating
4-2 record

If he finishes strong he should be the bridge starter next season. Draft WR & OT high to ensure the next QB has a greater chance of success while also evaluating Zappe with a better supporting cast.

All with no OL, WRs, TEs and RBs.

Bill Belichick too

That TD where he found Gesicki was reminiscent of his TD pass to Thornton against the Browns last year. First read wasn't there and he hung in the pocket and made a great throw through traffic.
He has more than earned his shot, assuming a medium-short leash. As in, if he suddenly sucks, it's fielder's choice to yank him in favor of Malik or Jones... it wouldn't be a categorical blunder. But right now, he has earned the shot... his starts to lose!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back