PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

bad news - is it just me (OT - virus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin just died of the virus Tuesday. He was like a big brother to me and I have been up and down all week because of this. Just can't seem to work things out fully. I don't know even in this I am rambling. Sorry.
sorry for your loss

Yes. They weld the gates to the apartment building shut. Seems reasonable.</sarcasm>

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1703503427818
Haha... I love the soundbyte. As of right now we don't have a transitioning plan. So before you completely get bent out of shape and take it completely out of context. China and southeast Asia it is normal for people to wear face masks. They do contact tracing. Massachusetts is the first state to start this. Then we talk about how you track everyone... There are undocumented in the country... I'm not getting into the legality of it but they need to be accounted for in terms of public health. Then we talk about public health and every job differs with getting health care or not. If I have no sick days I'm forced to go to work or don't get paid. This has magnified societal inequities. American arrogance might be our downfall

The stuff on masks is mind boggling. I wear them. But I've read studies both pro and con. Studies show the spread is lessened considerably by mask wearing. Other studies show the viral load breathed onto a petri dish from corona-sufferers wearing a mask, a filtered mask, a cloth mask, and no mask, is basically the same. This is crazy stuff--unless the people wearing masks are just more careful in all other respects, which would explain the positive mask results.

Wow! A CF patient survived COVID19??
Unreal! So happy for her and your family.
How old is your sister?
Early 30’s. They’re thinking a big part of this is that she got on oxygen so quickly- she has an in-home setup, obviously, she didn’t know what it was, just that she was feeling congested & feverish, Dr had her get on oxygen instantly, which was vital.
I’ve now read about 2 other CF patients that survived Covid-19.. possible there is more, maybe more reclusive like my sister that prefer to not make it public.
Also..the life expectancy & ability to live a full life with CF has changed drastically in the last 5-10 years..Science has done wonders. You’d easily meet someone with it and never know.

My cousin just died of the virus Tuesday. He was like a big brother to me and I have been up and down all week because of this. Just can't seem to work things out fully. I don't know even in this I am rambling. Sorry.
I'm so sorry to hear this.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Thank you. It is good to see you back here. I hope you have returned to stay. I am starting to accept his loss, but reading about other losses on here right now is just heartbreaking. I wish everyone the best. Thank you.

My aunt died 1 1/2 weeks ago from Corona.

I live in Buffalo and picked up my Mom in Connecticut in early March because she lives with my older brother who has no option but to work through this, so we thought it was safer here since I am telecommuting, as is my wife.

So my Mom's older sister who lived 2 miles away from my Mom died of corona. My mom never got to say goodbye and now we have her here despairing. To top off my sadness at the passing of a woman who was like a 2nd mother mother to me, I feel guilty for not taking the time to drop by with my Mom before we left.

The only saving grace was that a Yale Hospital doctor recommended my aunt stay home because Yale is not looking good on the Covid floors. So my aunt died surrounded by her children, 2 of whom also had corona. The other 2 are in quarantine in hotels for another few days, then plan to stay with relatives in their home states as neither can return immediately home because of spouses with preexisting illness.

With this many people dying in NY, NJ, Conn. and Massachusetts, I imagine there are many of us with very few degrees of separation from it.

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers for your entire family, especially for your mom.

I have my son back this week and his stupid ass mom had 2 easters with like 15 family members.
So now my Son is quarantined in his bedroom while I have him.
My heart and soul break for this because he doesn’t understand or take it seriously.
Now I have to keep him away from my wife my other 2 sons and worst of all me.
I love him soo much and I hate treating him like a outcast and I pray he doesn’t get sick nor any of us nor any of you.

God bless everyone
Jesus, that's awful...and frustrating. I split custody with my ex, but we're pretty much on the same page regarding this. I'd be so angry if she did something like what your ex did.

Regards,
Chris

Haha... I love the soundbyte. As of right now we don't have a transitioning plan. So before you completely get bent out of shape and take it completely out of context. China and southeast Asia it is normal for people to wear face masks. They do contact tracing. Massachusetts is the first state to start this. Then we talk about how you track everyone... There are undocumented in the country... I'm not getting into the legality of it but they need to be accounted for in terms of public health. Then we talk about public health and every job differs with getting health care or not. If I have no sick days I'm forced to go to work or don't get paid. This has magnified societal inequities. American arrogance might be our downfall

I know, I have this absurd romantic notion about the "consent of the governed" - obviously, I am in the minority and the tyranny of the majority will be sure to disabuse me of my natural rights. In was a fun experiment while it lasted. Government tracking of our location, spending, voting, and communications. What could possibly go wrong?

giphy.gif

I know, I have this absurd romantic notion about the "consent of the governed" - obviously, I am in the minority and the tyranny of the majority will be sure to disabuse me of my natural rights. In was a fun experiment while it lasted. Government tracking of our location, spending, voting, and communications. What could possibly go wrong?

giphy.gif
You must've loved King Trump's briefing this evening

This whole thing is becoming an epic disaster. If I woke up tomorrow with nuclear war, I’d not be surprised

It's been getting closer to home. A vendor of our company shut down because of a positive test. They come into our company almost daily to restock our supplies. Now a co-worker has been tested. If the test is positive we'll shut down for a few days to disinfect. But reading the post above breaks my heart.

So the co-worker tested positive. Just spent the day spraying down all of our equipment without isopropanol. I'm worried about the guy because he's a good guy with kids. He has underlying issues that are hereditary. Otherwise he's a picture of health. Weird times.

In the end China has a better way of controlling this than America

OMG no no no. China completely lied and continues to. If they had been the slightest bit honest about this then the whole world would probably not be dealing with this. It is criminal the lies, the cover ups, the disappearing of people who told the truth. The Chinese media identified patient zero as Huang Yan Ling, a researcher from the Wuhan Institute of Virology which specializes in corona viruses. She has since been deleted from their web site and the chinese government says its not her, she is fine but has not produced her. The virus found comes from bats almost 700 miles away, are not sold in that market. The Wuhan Institute of Virology had job postings Nov 18th and Dec 24th about a new virus. I don't write any of this as a way to deflect from Trump but don't let the communist government of China off the hook for this. They are built on 50M dead from Mao.

OMG no no no. China completely lied and continues to. If they had been the slightest bit honest about this then the whole world would probably not be dealing with this. It is criminal the lies, the cover ups, the disappearing of people who told the truth. The Chinese media identified patient zero as Huang Yan Ling, a researcher from the Wuhan Institute of Virology which specializes in corona viruses. She has since been deleted from their web site and the chinese government says its not her, she is fine but has not produced her. The virus found comes from bats almost 700 miles away, are not sold in that market. The Wuhan Institute of Virology had job postings Nov 18th and Dec 24th about a new virus. I don't write any of this as a way to deflect from Trump but don't let the communist government of China off the hook for this. They are built on 50M dead from Mao.

Cherry picking my post! It's not to say we should become like China... It's to illustrate we have greater challenges ahead of us getting that 10percent of the population who doesn't care and doesn't conform

Cherry picking my post! It's not to say we should become like China... It's to illustrate we have greater challenges ahead of us getting that 10 percent of the population who doesn't care and doesn't conform
no no no no no. Look into it all, don't take what they say at face value. They lie beyond belief. Just look at their reported infections and death rates. Look at the fake timeline they now have and blame the virus on the US and Italy. The whole world has challenges and this time, these challenges are all because China wouldn't lose face and say what was happening. If you watched the HBO show Chernobyl, it is just like that where everyone lies, no one will report bad news up the chain.

You must've loved King Trump's briefing this evening

Up until this crapstorm, I was pretty happy with his stewardship of the economy and international relations.

As this month has worn on, I have become increasingly dismayed, frustrated, and angered by the abuse of our civil rights and the economic destruction. The response by government at all levels has been a showcase of authoritarianism. Our government and our ivory tower academics have put on a showcase highlighting their incompetence, insensitivity, and avarice while painting themselves as heroes. They have all lost legitimacy.

This whole thing is becoming an epic disaster. If I woke up tomorrow with nuclear war, I’d not be surprised
I was flipping through the other night and "Terminator" was on. I watched a few minutes and when they said everything went bad in 2021, I was like, "Well, at least we're on schedule." :eek:

Last edited:
Up until this crapstorm, I was pretty happy with his stewardship of the economy and international relations.

As this month has worn on, I have become increasingly dismayed, frustrated, and angered by the abuse of our civil rights and the economic destruction. The response by government at all levels has been a showcase of authoritarianism. Our government and our ivory tower academics have put on a showcase highlighting their incompetence, insensitivity, and avarice while painting themselves as heroes. They have all lost legitimacy.
Democracy is messy

My biggest takeaway from this World pandemic.....Industrialized nations fared so much better than service economy nations.
S. Korea
Japan
Taiwan
Germany.... all with economies based on manufacturing were able to pivot and fulfill the needs of their population. Self sufficiency!
China.... the best example.

Not too long ago, the US Military relied on parts manufactured in China... an absolutely insane reality that threatened US national security. Trump fixed this issue.
Production of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals is a national security issue as well and I hope congress can remove its lips from the teets of multinational donors, the US Chamber of Commerce that only advocates for multinationals, and lobbyists who represent foreign nations’ interests.
In its current state, China could halt exports and the US is medically screwed.

OT.....kinda interesting that the US funds/supplies and/or controls military spending in the 4 nations I listed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes