PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

bad news - is it just me (OT - virus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbors two houses down from me had a big Easter party with people rolling in all day long. Must’ve been over 20 people. Some people don’t care.
It's unreal they don't understand my son thinks he kept a good enough distance for 15 people

My neighbors two houses down from me had a big Easter party with people rolling in all day long. Must’ve been over 20 people. Some people don’t care.
I think we will see the carnage in two weeks because of the American arrogance you can't tell me what to do and especially the holy rollers. The second wave is going to be devastating. I think Dr Fauci and Dr Birx know this and hoping that the time they bought is enough for science to fill in the gaps. In the end China has a better way of controlling this than America

One thing that really frustrates (can’t find the right word) is that it’s almost a sure thing that - looking back - when more is learned about this, we’ll be saying « if we had only known _____ ».

I don’t mean the people that chose to not follow advice, nor the politicians and such. There is always a certain discovery or two about a particular disease / virus that would explain why certain individuals were more susceptible, while others didn’t even exhibit symptoms.

We’re some time away from that, sadly, and I don’t know how much resolve society will have in the meantime.

I have my son back this week and his stupid ass mom had 2 easters with like 15 family members.
So now my Son is quarantined in his bedroom while I have him.
My heart and soul break for this because he doesn’t understand or take it seriously.
Now I have to keep him away from my wife my other 2 sons and worst of all me.
I love him soo much and I hate treating him like a outcast and I pray he doesn’t get sick nor any of us nor any of you.

God bless everyone

Such a terrible story!! I am so sad to read this. How awful for you all!! I will pray he doesn’t get sick and that you all get through the quarantine period safe and sound.

You're not good for my wannabe raging alcoholism but I love you anyway.

Oh dear God!!! PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN!! RIGHT NOW!! THIS MINUTE!! I MEAN IT!!!

I refuse to be the cause of yet one more man’s addiction!!

What is WRONG with people??? I’ve been angry all day over this stupid ****. On FB today my ex-neighbor (nurse, cancer survivor and widowed in February) posted pictures of herself at Easter dinner with 4 other people. Then my own sister and her husband show up in her son’s backyard with his wife and 3 kids - closer than 6 Feet away. Bad enough to be there at all but my sister & her spouse live with another son who was exposed to the virus last week and is in quarantine at their home waiting for test results.

I can’t even speak......

Such a terrible story!! I am so sad to read this. How awful for you all!! I will pray he doesn’t get sick and that you all get through the quarantine period safe and sound.
Thank you very much split custody kinda socks especially in these situations.
I'm tempted to not let him go back and deal with contempt.

My sister has Cystic Fibrosis- she got the virus, in the hospital for 16 days, but home now!! It was really scary for a while- it’s pretty miraculous she made it. On oxygen at home, (we are used to that, she’s had to be on oxygen on & off over the years)- her immune system somehow overcame it.

Wow! A CF patient survived COVID19??
Unreal! So happy for her and your family.
How old is your sister?

One thing that really frustrates (can’t find the right word) is that it’s almost a sure thing that - looking back - when more is learned about this, we’ll be saying « if we had only known _____ ».

I don’t mean the people that chose to not follow advice, nor the politicians and such. There is always a certain discovery or two about a particular disease / virus that would explain why certain individuals were more susceptible, while others didn’t even exhibit symptoms.

We’re some time away from that, sadly, and I don’t know how much resolve society will have in the meantime.
The severity of the disease depends upon a number of factors, but science can't yet assign weights to each. One is viral loading, the amount of virus that you take in from the infected person or object; the second is the virulence of the particular mutation of Covid-19; the third is your genetics, in particular the structure of cell surface proteins (some people may have cell receptors that are not as easily opened by the virus key); the fourth is the pathway of the virus - through nose, mouth, or eyes; and the fifth, a person's immune status - their prior history of response to infectious diseases.

Thank you very much split custody kinda socks especially in these situations.
I'm tempted to not let him go back and deal with contempt.

I can’t even imagine. At our divorce hearing the judge declared that my ex wasn’t allowed unsupervised visitation until he went through Anger Management classes and was cleared by a court ordered psychiatrist - which he flat-out refused to do and hence, hasn’t been seen since 1992.

Honestly, it was the best thing that could have happened. I believe shared custody has got to be the hardest of all - especially if you disagree on how to raise a child or have a differing sense of values.

Best of luck. This is a tough one.

Oh dear God!!! PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN!! RIGHT NOW!! THIS MINUTE!! I MEAN IT!!!

I refuse to be the cause of yet one more man’s addiction!!
So you are responsible for your husbands addiction to over replying in posts.
He just cannot remove his fingers from the keyboard ... I knew it was your fault.

Hope you had a great day in spite of your medical troubles Mrs. PF

I can’t even imagine. At our divorce hearing the judge declared that my ex wasn’t allowed unsupervised visitation until he went through Anger Management classes and was cleared by a court ordered psychiatrist - which he flat-out refused to do and hence, hasn’t been seen since 1992.

Honestly, it was the best thing that could have happened. I believe shared custody has got to be the hardest of all - especially if you disagree on how to raise a child or have a differing sense of values.

Best of luck. This is a tough one.
Thank you so much

I think we will see the carnage in two weeks because of the American arrogance you can't tell me what to do and especially the holy rollers. The second wave is going to be devastating. I think Dr Fauci and Dr Birx know this and hoping that the time they bought is enough for science to fill in the gaps. In the end China has a better way of controlling this than America
If you’re saying that a communist regime’s way of handling this is “better”, I think you’re only looking at the surface. Maybe you think “Wow, look at how quickly they got this virus under control!”

But what you don’t address is the fact you wouldn’t accept the same methods applied to you. The Chinese government locked people in their homes and took the sick out of homes by force.

I can’t stand the clueless idiots in our country either, but I’ll take our way over China’s

Jesus saves!

Coronavirus scores on the rebound.

Regards,
Chris

My aunt died 1 1/2 weeks ago from Corona.

I live in Buffalo and picked up my Mom in Connecticut in early March because she lives with my older brother who has no option but to work through this, so we thought it was safer here since I am telecommuting, as is my wife.

So my Mom's older sister who lived 2 miles away from my Mom died of corona. My mom never got to say goodbye and now we have her here despairing. To top off my sadness at the passing of a woman who was like a 2nd mother mother to me, I feel guilty for not taking the time to drop by with my Mom before we left.

The only saving grace was that a Yale Hospital doctor recommended my aunt stay home because Yale is not looking good on the Covid floors. So my aunt died surrounded by her children, 2 of whom also had corona. The other 2 are in quarantine in hotels for another few days, then plan to stay with relatives in their home states as neither can return immediately home because of spouses with preexisting illness.

With this many people dying in NY, NJ, Conn. and Massachusetts, I imagine there are many of us with very few degrees of separation from it.

I'm finding it very hard to bear with these stories since we don't know how my Aunt got it--her two kids got it from my Aunt.

If you’re saying that a communist regime’s way of handling this is “better”, I think you’re only looking at the surface. Maybe you think “Wow, look at how quickly they got this virus under control!”

But what you don’t address is the fact you wouldn’t accept the same methods applied to you. The Chinese government locked people in their homes and took the sick out of homes by force.

I can’t stand the clueless idiots in our country either, but I’ll take our way over China’s
This is true.. I wouldn't want to be ripped by my family. All we've been asked is to stay home and people are pulling the entire regilous freedom card. And yes there will be a difference in mitigating this. China is tracking via apps on phones. We all know how many people will refuse that. Our own empowerment will prove to both our greatest asset and liability. It's going to be skin to the anti-vaccinators on steroids. Ultimately how many clueless idiots are there versus clued in folk? And can a small contingent of clueless people cause major problems for the rest of us

My aunt died 1 1/2 weeks ago from Corona.

I live in Buffalo and picked up my Mom in Connecticut in early March because she lives with my older brother who has no option but to work through this, so we thought it was safer here since I am telecommuting, as is my wife.

So my Mom's older sister who lived 2 miles away from my Mom died of corona. My mom never got to say goodbye and now we have her here despairing. To top off my sadness at the passing of a woman who was like a 2nd mother mother to me, I feel guilty for not taking the time to drop by with my Mom before we left.

The only saving grace was that a Yale Hospital doctor recommended my aunt stay home because Yale is not looking good on the Covid floors. So my aunt died surrounded by her children, 2 of whom also had corona. The other 2 are in quarantine in hotels for another few days, then plan to stay with relatives in their home states as neither can return immediately home because of spouses with preexisting illness.

With this many people dying in NY, NJ, Conn. and Massachusetts, I imagine there are many of us with very few degrees of separation from it.
Sorry to hear

What is WRONG with people??? I’ve been angry all day over this stupid ****. On FB today my ex-neighbor (nurse, cancer survivor and widowed in February) posted pictures of herself at Easter dinner with 4 other people. Then my own sister and her husband show up in her son’s backyard with his wife and 3 kids - closer than 6 Feet away. Bad enough to be there at all but my sister & her spouse live with another son who was exposed to the virus last week and is in quarantine at their home waiting for test results.

I can’t even speak......
These people remind me of Kyrie Irvin.. the Earth is flat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back