PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

Tons of great toe tappers. Lots of big, athletic, long WRs will be available this year. I have a feeling we see a lot of underclassmen go since WR1 looks to be up for grabs.

AGG has shown some pretty sweet A/A in the air, along the sidelines. Very subtle using his hands to stay clean or get a lil room while knowing where he is at all times. I'd like to see him show more of that hand work at the los to get off. Imo that's his biggest weakness rn. Has to improve footwork, hands & put it together there. He's so long a step is a mile's of separation. Lots of time when a wr has trouble separating it comes directly back to the line.

Irv Smith is someone that looks like he would flourish here.
6'4/250ish Moves like a flex but a vg run blocker. Cracks, wham. Love the way he moves at that size. He could be a great chess piece here.

Mack Wilson is so interesting. So many things he does well that translates to today's game. He could be that hook, shallow/under-hang defender. I can see T2 guys liking his a/a to move down the seem.

Derrick Brown showed something legit today. Possess really nice combo of speed/power & was blowing people up all day. Honestly not the greatest feel for him rn but he's another big defender that you can matchup against C/G.

K'Neal Harry had another day. Idk I'm not sure I see a RD1 guy but some of his skills will translate & he could be better w some creativity that doesn't involve stupid reverses & gimmicky plays. Could be a nightmare in the slot.

Last edited:

BBK w the tip

Every single year Bama has a guy like Davis getting tons of pub & then Allen or Payne will step up & blow doors off the scene. Q Williams is that guy this year.

Sometimes you can be good & bad at something at the same time. Look at Brandon Spikes. Could plug a hole & find the right gap but didn't have that sideline to sideline speed or awareness.

Bush has that juice to make plays everywhere as well.

Pulley is on a terrible team & might get overlooked. Natural coverage & ball skills. 6 INT/20 PBU in 3 years. Shoulder surgery last year after the first game I believe.

Anyone else scream Pats like Zach Allen. Great run defender. Hes played that 1st/2nd since at BC. Can contain, flow/scrape down the line, knife through. So patient & surprisingly loose playing RPO/RO in the backfield, outside pocket.

When allowed to let loose he absolutely can get off the line. Big dude but usually lower than his opponent

Even if Flowers stays I'd love to see him added to the roster. He loves the game. Is very smart. Local kid. Versatile & has made a ton of plays.

Talked a lil about what Wilson can do for ya & this is definitely it. Guy can drop, roam & patrol as well as any LB in the country. T2 flying down the seem? Star? Just a very intriguing player.

Last edited:
Kristian Fulton, Greedy Williams teammate at LSU has been vg all year. Typical LSU CB. Physical, smooth, very comfortable in m2m. Tough player.

Path hasn't been a straight road. Trajectory could be a bit longer but he declares you might be able to nab him w 2nd as opposed to a 1st in 2020.

Him & Pulley are 2 guys man/press guys I like 2-4.

Have to wait this bc I forgot Hall.

Last edited:
Josh Gordon clone

Bobby Evans & Ben Powers are 2 OK OL to keep an eye on.

Both have that nasty streak in them. I really like Evans. Again plays mean but moves so we'll. Very athletic. At times it's so fun to watch him move & play in space on the 2nd level. Made to switch to LT recently from RT. Powers was some what overlooked coming out of Wichita. Wrestling background. Both have a ton of potential to become complete players.

Started reports recently & always make it a point to do QB's last. This year is out if necessity though. I can't see Herbert or Haskins coming out so unprepared but both should go after that money.

That leaves the class extremely thin which isn't breaking news.

Guys like Grier, Jones, Rypien, Minshew, Stanley, Lock & others but very few fit the mold we're looking for & I admit that's just my pov. I don't see us drafting a 24 yo to sit for 4 years. Don't see us trading up for Grier if he comes out.
Finley

Projects, older prospects & just a weak class tell me we're waiting until next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us move a few picks to get into 2019 to have more besides our own. At the same time this team is in serious need of young talent at several positions. Good thing is we have the ammo to do both.

Last edited:
Brought up Abram at the beginning of year & he really could fit the Chung role. Chirpy, attitude. Physical w good range for a box guy. Tough player that stands out every game. He's a beast of a hitter.

Agreed, he's a PTP if there ever was one. The kid from Umass too Andy Isabella is another undersized, quick slot machines that can run crisp, tight routes. Tyler Johnson, from Minne, is another one.

This years draft might not have a CJ, JJ type player but theres ton of size & versatility.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back