PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

Agree w Ben but check out his hand work & ability to disengage/stay clean w swift, accurate punches. Quick lil rip to beat his man backside. Punch to get his man off balance before his bull rush.

Nowadays you need IDL to be quick, have lateral movement w motor. If you can only camp out on the line & control a small area you're good for GL/SY & very little else.

Last edited:
Talked about Hudson last year/spring a bit. One of the many box/underneath players w some range. I'm curious as to when we see these guys rush more at the next level. Chargers are doing it w James & some other teams but I think we see more of what these types can do.

Every single one w the exception of Burns looks like a PTP. Every one needs to watch Hall if you haven't

Again a few guys that we've gone w or looked at before. Testing will be big for Rapp in terms of 1st/2nd imo but it's hard not to love him. Reliable, physical w some range & coverage skills. BBK is another sound, reliable guy w great instincts. Small but tough & smart. Smart enough to stay clean for what seems like 1,000 tackles. Definition of "nose to the ball". Go watch Weaver.

How about we get Thompson & Rapp?

Metcalf declared. Fascinating receiver. Wins at the line. Physical. Has some explosive traits. Thoughts @BaconGrundleCandy ?

Metcalf declared. Fascinating receiver. Wins at the line. Physical. Has some explosive traits. Thoughts @BaconGrundleCandy ?
Bloodlines. His uncle was legit & HOF worthy imo. Dad & Gramps played. Both have that dog you want. DK is a freak. Wonder what he'll look like at 25?

He's physical. Reminds me a lil bit of Sterling Sharpe? He can work all three levels & obvious separate which is something that will be a make or break for many. He can. Look at the strides. So long & powerful. Looks like a powerful sprinter. Killer catch radius & a beast at jump balls. I'm thinking he makes it to round 2 which would be worth a shot w multiple picks in that round if we stay that way.

So much to like about DK tho. He wins off the line. In route. At the catch point. Medicals are huge but if clean he's definitely worth a shot.

C3 Cloud there's a ton of communication going on between the CB/S. Murphy has great click/close ability. Anything in front/underneath is easy money for him. Great along the sidelines. He's only a RSO .

Talked about Polites ability to generate power through his hips around the edge. He loves this lil euro step to create space & get going. I could see 49ers, Jags, Hawks going after Polite, Allen for Leo spot.

Polite has that Mack-Knack for the football

Along w throwing up 4-5 prayers/floaters a game. Coming off 1st read, dealing w pressure. Idk Not sure I could go this way before day 3. Mediocre QB classes usually = bad classes so why bother.

We saw the bad/concerns from GM. Lack of arm strength was evident along w other factors. Again maybe day 3 but I want this team infused w young talent

In a draft that lacks separation guys Brown won't be on the board long. He has that burst/juice that allows him to immediately separate. Not quite Hill but he's a water bug.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back