PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Avrril cut by Seahawks, go get em Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcc66duece

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Avril failed his physical but I would love him to come add some cash rush.

It could be an excuse to cut him and his salary.
Eh, his neck injury has been well noted as being very likely career ending. But if he wants to keep playing I suppose he’s worth a look.

While your thought is certainly something I doubt many would put past the Seahawks (or any NFL team), his injury has been labelled as "career threatening" since October.

Eh, his neck injury has been well noted as being very likely career ending. But if he wants to keep playing I suppose he’s worth a look.

With the way this team racks up the injuries year after year, he sounds like a perfect addition.

We could just not sign him to begin with. But I like the other way better: sign him, only to release him with no consequences. That’s another example of Belichick playing chess. While a member of the Patriots, Avril will tell them about Pete Carroll’s favorite TV shows and reveal critical information about his psyche.

I think the year two D Wise is going to be a Super Player along our D-Line with Trey Flowers. I think we consistently get to the passer in 18 with this cast.

How?
They don’t need an excuse to cut him.
Why would they fake a failed physical?
There is literally absolutely no reason to do that.

At this point, I wouldn't spend the roster spot.

After the hit that caused Avril's injury, he was apparently experiencing numbness in both arms all the way down to his hands. Neurologists have said that, in such cases, full recovery of the damaged vertabrae and nerve bundles typically requires 1-2 years, and that the injury consequences from a second injury before healing is complete are "severe".

Avril was injured about six months ago and had surgery about two weeks after that.

Shea McClellin had suffered at least four concussions (that were reported) in his career prior to joining the Pats. Apparently, he had another concussion in Camp last year that put him on IR-return status. While he was practicing to return in mid-season, apparently concussion symptoms returned, and he was shut down for the remainder of the season.

He was released by the Pats on March 19th, "failed physical."

At some point, teams need to draw the line with some of these guys who want to come back from certain injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News