PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Avrril cut by Seahawks, go get em Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to think about, but I don't think the team should pick him up. We've got enough guys each year on IR. I wouldn't want to be coach of the team he's playing for when he gets that 2nd hit that ends with permanent paralysis.

IMHO, he should retire and enjoy time with his family.

How?
They don’t need an excuse to cut him.
Why would they fake a failed physical?
There is literally absolutely no reason to do that.

Maybe, but why let teams cut players for failed physicals at all if they don’t need an excuse?

Maybe, but why let teams cut players for failed physicals at all if they don’t need an excuse?
Because if you cut a player for a failed physical they are protected by the injury settlement rules.
It’s like saying a coach cut a player and said it was because he was late for practice and that means he needed an excuse to cut him.

Neck surgery is one of the biggest red flags a player can have.

Speaking of nothing from the neck up, had anybody read anything about New England trading tight end allen to Dallas? Someone brought it to my attention and I could not find anything on it.

Bill couldnt care less about a player's medical condition.

What he does care about is if the player can help his team win

Anybody else think the Seahawks are done? I do. Their drafts since hitting the jackpot on their core players have been horrendous. And they keep getting worse.

Anybody else think the Seahawks are done? I do. Their drafts since hitting the jackpot on their core players have been horrendous. And they keep getting worse.
As long as they have Wilson they will be competitive.

With that said they are rebuilding.

Even though Avril didn't play much last year, that Seahawks Defense has really turned over.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
If/When healthy; I’m all for it.

At this point, I wouldn't spend the roster spot.

After the hit that caused Avril's injury, he was apparently experiencing numbness in both arms all the way down to his hands. Neurologists have said that, in such cases, full recovery of the damaged vertabrae and nerve bundles typically requires 1-2 years, and that the injury consequences from a second injury before healing is complete are "severe".

Avril was injured about six months ago and had surgery about two weeks after that.

Shea McClellin had suffered at least four concussions (that were reported) in his career prior to joining the Pats. Apparently, he had another concussion in Camp last year that put him on IR-return status. While he was practicing to return in mid-season, apparently concussion symptoms returned, and he was shut down for the remainder of the season.

He was released by the Pats on March 19th, "failed physical."

At some point, teams need to draw the line with some of these guys who want to come back from certain injuries.

I didn't know about the serious injury, I figured he came in out of shape and they were looking to cut salary.

Bill couldnt care less about a player's medical condition.

What he does care about is if the player can help his team win

If a player is in poor health, he will have a difficult time helping the team win. No?

As long as they have Wilson they will be competitive.

With that said they are rebuilding.
They've been "rebuilding" since their Super Bowl loss in 2014. What is happening in Seattle is exactly what happened with Carroll in New England. Their drafts keep getting worse and that Penny pick could be the nail in the coffin. I agree Wilson will keep them in games but their team is falling apart.

had anybody read anything about New England trading tight end allen to Dallas?

I can't find anything either.

It does make sense that the 'Boys would be looking to acquire a veteran TE in trade. Their current TE depth chart:

- Geoff Swaim, 7th-round 2015
... 9 rec/11 tgts, 94 yds in three seasons
... total career snaps: 398 offense, 261 ST

- Blake Jarwin, UDFA 2017
... active one game, no stats

- Rico Gathers, 6th-round 2016
... didn't play football in HS or college
... no games active, spent 2017 on IR

- Dalton Schultz, rookie, 4th-round 2018

It's possible that one of the local Dallas beat writers drew up a list of veterans TEs that the team might/should try to trade for, and that Allen's name was included on the list.

It seems doubtful to me that the Pats would trade Allen before getting a thorough look at how Niklas, Hollister, Izzo and Wimann actually perform in the offense. So, maybe mid-late Camp ... if it happens.

With the way this team racks up the injuries year after year, he sounds like a perfect addition.

Are the NEP the only team who has injuries?? Every NFL team has injuries in the "season of attrition"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes