ATTN: Outage Tonight at 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
We had an issue with the previous migration, so I had postponed it but I'm up now against it and I've got to do it this weekend. So we'll be down for a bit tonight (Saturday) into Sunday while all the data is moved, beginning at 7pm ET likely into Sunday morning since the database is massive, as is the filesystem. I mentioned this previously, the good news is we'll have two new boxes with upgraded processors and upgraded drives on the second server (we upgraded the drives on the other one last year) that will hopefully lead to even better performance and more storage for some of the things I'm working on that are coming up.

It's a pain, but I need to get it done. I wanted to get it over with Friday night, but I have to work Saturday and wanted to be home during the entire process and figured Saturday night might fit everyone's schedule a bit better.

As a result, you'll have to spend a little more time with your loved ones tonight. So make some plans, watch some Netflix or a DVD, etc. Hopefully, this will go relatively smoothly and we'll be back up Sunday morning. But otherwise, I appreciate your patience while I get this done. :cool:

Last edited:
Winter storm approaching Boston Saturday night into sunday morning...Great weather for watching a movie or two on Prime, Netflix or your favorite movie channel...Grab your popcorn ! :) OH....and GOOD LUCK with your migration Ian !! :)

Thank you for all you do!

Thanks, Ian, for all you do. Of all the sites I've visited, this is one of the very best, and I am happy to be able to visit and converse with so many good folks, on such a great site.

Just a quick bump as a reminder. Probably going to shut things down closer to 6:45pm and I'll get to work on it as soon as I get home.

Orange is the new black...

giphy.gif

I've been informed we hit a snag with the new server so they're going to reschedule. So we're back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back