PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante Samuel “hates how the Patriots treat their players”

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats roster management strategy was one of main reasons they had the greatest 20 year run in NFL history. Not every decision ended up being the correct one but collectively it worked tremendously. Can understand why an individual player may not like it though.

Tom Brady was the reason period

Assante is partially right.

Brady hid all the bad drafting and letting go of productive players like Almendola and Trent Brown.

Our bad drafting is centered around WR. We have done well (overall) with RB's and TE.
I think Brady covered up a lot of blemishes on offense...not our defense played a huge role in our 6 Super Bowls.
Our defense shut down the Greatest Show on Turf and slowed the Eagles...Carolina was a dual effort.
A defensive play won the SB against Seattle and slowed the Falcons to allow our offense to rally.
The Rams Super Bowl was all defense.

Wait, did somebody get let go? Did I miss something? What's he referring to?

How many teams win not paying guys top money? Not many. Having the QB position figured out was a big part of that.

I've been going through this in other threads where people are saying bill should never pay a qb $25million. Patriots were in a unique situation with brady that cant be replicated without him.

The 2010-2013 patriots had many flaws. But brady dragged them to 3 afc championship games and 1 superbowl. That 2011 team had horrid defense. And 2013 had no receivers.

A. Samuel took his eye off the ball at the last second. Pissed me off then, still does.

Tom Brady was the reason period

How many Super Bowls do you think BB wins with Peyton, Brees, Ben, Eli, or ARod?
TB was amazing...but being with Bill made him GOAT.

Some old familiar posters from this Oct 2007 thread about Asante's "Get Paid" vs. "Get rich to this" tattoo. ...4 months before the fateful Giants loss.

The Pats roster management strategy was one of main reasons they had the greatest 20 year run in NFL history. Not every decision ended up being the correct one but collectively it worked tremendously. Can understand why an individual player may not like it though.
Player loyalty holds much greater value in our hearts than in the win column.

I hate how he was able to pick off Peyton but not Eli.

Thanks for the PTSD from bringing this guy back up.

He was a good player. We let his ass go and seemed to do alright.

Honestly, I hope all of the coward bastards that won’t **** on Bill when he’s doing well come out in full swing. Let’s hear it for the rest of the season. Treat him like he is the worst of the worst. Piss him off beyond any doubt, and let’s see what he does this offseason. A big F-U tour, once again.

The picture is misleading. The ball was in hishands and was a play that a good db should make7 times out of 10. He proved he was not a top cb by failing to make the clutch pick. I will never forget. Pretty low class for Assante to pile on BB when he is down. F off Ass ante

Our bad drafting is centered around WR. We have done well (overall) with RB's and TE.
I think Brady covered up a lot of blemishes on offense...not our defense played a huge role in our 6 Super Bowls.
Our defense shut down the Greatest Show on Turf and slowed the Eagles...Carolina was a dual effort.
A defensive play won the SB against Seattle and slowed the Falcons to allow our offense to rally.
The Rams Super Bowl was all defense.
RB? Did you like Maroney? He was a BUST. Brady brought the Pats to a Super Bowl despite having that clown on the team. Is Sony going to make it?

TE? Watson and Graham never lived up to 1st round pick status. Brady in 2019 had NE 12 - 4. Cam with basically the same TE corps is 2 - 4.

Remember when NE needed CBs real bad? Wilhite and Wheatley? Rasi Dowling?

DT? Brace, Easily, does Rivers even play? Rivers paying off is like waiting for Christmas.

Bottom line is that Brady afforded the Pats to waste a lot of high round draft selections and never suffer the consequences in the WIN column. We sure are paying the piper this season though.

Ahh, another self-loathing thread. Ignore function activated!

Except no.

it allows you a larger margin for error though. I mean with any other QB/offense does that 2011 team sniff the superbowl? that was historically one of the worst defenses.

How many Super Bowls do you think BB wins with Peyton, Brees, Ben, Eli, or ARod?
TB was amazing...but being with Bill made him GOAT.

at least 3 with peyton, brees, rodgers, roethlisburger, and wilson. 2 with eli..
they all would have done well but not 6. brady’s TB12 method helped him win 3 more..

you can let good players go if you adequately can replace them. Patriots have done this with defensive end. From chandler jones to trey flowers to now it looks like chase winovich. or at cornerback from aqib talib to Revis to Butler to Gilmore. or from Solder to trent brown to wynn

the problem is right now at the skill positions (tight end and wide receiver) there has been such turnover at those positions and Bill cant seem to replace them to save his life. at least through the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back