PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante Samuel “hates how the Patriots treat their players”

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not entirely wrong, but I really don't care about the opinion of someone who got "Get Paid" tattooed on his arm and dropped an interception that would have cemented a 19-0 season, as well as his legacy

Guys who are so money focused think that not getting paid top dollar is treating players poorly

He's not entirely wrong, but I really don't care about the opinion of someone who got "Get Paid" tattooed on his arm and dropped an interception that would have cemented a 19-0 season, as well as his legacy

Guys who are so money focused think that not getting paid top dollar is treating players poorly
I think what that response from him tells me is we care a lot more that he didn’t catch that int than he ever did.

What’s next finding a bunch of ex Patriots on Sunday to come on TV and rip Bill and the Pats organization and for an ESPN anchor to say they hate their coach and we mean it this time!

And we’re playing the Bills in Buffalo again just like last time! Full circle...

I think what that response from him tells me is we care a lot more that he didn’t catch that int than he ever did.
Well, they do always teach DB's to have short memories. Lol:D

But seriously, I'm still seething! :mad:

Last edited:

He's probably right about the INT being a little too high. And there's no guarantee he would have been in bounds...

Watch Belichick draft Asante Samuel Jr....

that is one of the issues i have with egomaniac players that have "Get Paid" tattoes on their arms

If you want to talk a big game and think you're king s***, then make that interception and back it up... but nope, cant back up his ego with actual play on the field

And I believe it was A$ante that was supposed to cover Tyree on the helmet catch play and he left him free for some reason. We all know what happened after that.

I'm pretty sure any beef he has against the Patriots and Bill is mutual.

If anything, Asante should be blamed for not covering Tyree on that play, which was his responsibility...

It's easy to put the blame on that game on Asante, but c'mon, the offensive line was horrendous. That's the reason we lost.

Last edited:
Drafted in the 4th round, got a huge contract from Philly based not just on his performance but also on the attention he got playing for the Pats. Obviously no one will ever know if he gets that money if he is drafted by the Lions, Browns, etc.

Too bad for him he is butthurt for the rest of time by his failure on that fateful drive; he knows as well as anyone that he could have been the all time hero if he makes the INT tough catch or not we've all seen plenty of guys make much harder catches for INTs, and the question about his responsibility on the Helmet Catch play is certainly out there. Twelve years later and they guy isn't over it, I bet he oesn't go three days without someone bringing it up to him. So sad, too bad, oops!

Edit: looks like a couple of other folks brought up the Tyree play ha ha

I've read about him defending this play on a few occasions but I have never read what he had to say about the Tyree play.

I agree with him on the missed pic being to high but what say you about missed coverage?

For the record I think Zant is underrated around here and everyone should ease up on him he deserves better from us.

If he pick that ball we have 7 Super Bowls wins...

Instead...
Instead...

...we have 6. Dunno about you... but...

UltimateClearGlobefish-small.gif

The Pats roster management strategy was one of main reasons they had the greatest 20 year run in NFL history. Not every decision ended up being the correct one but collectively it worked tremendously. Can understand why an individual player may not like it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back