PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
<sarcasm>

He can come in and teach our DBs how to tackle.

</sarcasm>

What good is a corner who can't tackle?

No thanks.

Sure. Why not. I mean, he only irreparably damaged my psyche & mental well-being forever with his Bill Buckner impression, so why wouldn't I want him back. I can't wait. Let's get him.

images

:bricks:

Last edited:
If Samuel is talking about advice on the Stock Market I'll listen....otherwise he is of no interest to me. :cool:

I'd pass especially when you look at his contract numbers. Would rather trade a first for Jared Allen which the Vikes are reportedly willing to give him up for. I don't see that happening either.

Wow I really can't believe my opinion is so unpopular on this matter.

Sure. Why not. I mean, he only irreparably damaged my psyche & mental well-being forever with his Bill Buckner impression, so why wouldn't I want him back. I can't wait. Let's get him.

images

Ouch. That image really hurts.

images

He is SO dead to me
No Walking Dead on my Patriots team

Asante left on bad terms and made some unnecessary remarks. I think that even if he helped on the field, he'd be a liability in the locker room--and I don't think he'd help all that much on the field.

I'd pass especially when you look at his contract numbers. Would rather trade a first for Jared Allen which the Vikes are reportedly willing to give him up for. I don't see that happening either.

that would be glorious

This team is doing diddly squat.They wont trade draft picks.:rolleyes:I am surprise the colts havent trade any of their pieces.I am not like all these kool-aid drinkers on this board that think this team is fine the way it is now.

Asante is a liability and has never been the corner that many people on here or around the country think. He is terrible in man coverage, he is undisciplined, drops as many Int's as he catches, doesn't understand when and when not to gamble and for every Int he makes he gives up twice as many big plays. Oh and he may be the worst tackler in the league.....

I always dismissed the criticism of Asante's near-INT because it looked like Asante was out of bounds on the TV.

Wow, he really wasn't.

Also, I think I intentionally avoided finding out the real answer.

This team is doing diddly squat.They wont trade draft picks.:rolleyes:I am surprise the colts havent trade any of their pieces.I am not like all these kool-aid drinkers on this board that think this team is fine the way it is now.

We have traded picks for players. Something about the price and the player being right comes to mind. A team like the Colts needs to offer a player we can use for a pick worth the move. Making a change just to amuse the fanbois does not improve the team.

Wait, only a single first? Why WOULDN'T we do that? He's still like 29 or 30, and leading the league in sacks I think. This would improve our D tremendously.

Off course it depends on the price and the worth but this team always stays put.This offense has chinks in the armor to go with the defense.This season is very similiar too last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back