PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article writer thinks BOB would be a decent pick for Michigan State HC job, mentioned for one sentence in article on SI

Ok. Thank you for your insight. Sometimes I like to watch Boston sports tonight, and that's where you get information that isn't necessarily reported on a tweet, ect. Curran is the person who mentioned exactly what I posted this was last season on an episode. He also mentioned it on his WEEI weekly appearance on radio. He stated mayo does everything except call the plays.
Almost every time someone on this site references “what they heard” it turns out to be a poor paraphrase, but even if not Curran is mostly giving opinion, and we know he likes to embellish.

Mayo’s not even a coordinator, not that it’s a prerequisite for the job… but he’s really inexperienced as far as head coaches go.

I understand that Mayo is the sentimental favorite, but that doesn’t make him the wise choice.

Obie has a lot of experience, has experienced a lot since he left us the first time. Give me the experienced guy.
Mayo as the head coach has disaster vibes. It feels like "most" of today's successful teams have offensive minded head coaches minus the Bills. This franchise could be in for a 20 year run of mediocrity. Who really knows though.

I’m think raiding the Dolphins for next head coach either their OC or WR coach.

Of course it’s not false otherwise you would be able to cite it. If I am not mistaken you have already been called out on this a few times and never been able to back it up. Of course then you just wait a couple of months and retell the lie.
It’s your MO
You're insane like Igor

I’d be fine with Billy O as HC, Mayo as DC, can the nepotism babies, bring in a sharp OC, see what we have.

I recall the Krafts liking Billy O.

At least press conferences might have some actual substance.

If they pass on Mayo he will leave for a HC job. He passed up HC interviews last offseason because Kraft convinced him they had long term plans for him, and gave him more $$$. He’s not going to stick around to be O’Brien’s assistant when he can have his own gig.

There is no way he does this to Mac or BB after less than a year. Especially for a crap job like MSU
It's a career move, why would he care about BB or Mac. BB would understand.

If they pass on Mayo he will leave for a HC job. He passed up HC interviews last offseason because Kraft convinced him they had long term plans for him, and gave him more $$$. He’s not going to stick around to be O’Brien’s assistant when he can have his own gig.
This. There's no reason to stay here if he gets passed over. He would be a major contender for a HC job that off season and would likely get one no problem.

No coach thinks that way. They simply don’t. If you believe in your ability you don’t run away from challenges. The basic attitude inherent in coaching is to take on challenges and overcome adversity.
I’m sure there are many people who fear they aren’t competent enough to succeed if everything isn’t perfectly in their favor, but few of them become coaches and none of them succeed to the level they are relevant.

You cannot say that is universal. You are talking about millions of dollars. A lot coaches aren’t going to risk getting a future head coaching job because they know they get crap for talent but the challenge is more important to them making an extra one or two million a year because coaching lesser talent is more of a rush.

Football coaching is a business and just like a lot of professional players, many coaches want to maximize their earnings rather than have the toughest challenges.

No all coaches think the same.

You could be right. But a first time, defensive-minded guy isn’t very appealing to me.

You cannot say that is universal. You are talking about millions of dollars. A lot coaches aren’t going to risk getting a future head coaching job because they know they get crap for talent but the challenge is more important to them making an extra one or two million a year because coaching lesser talent is more of a rush.

Football coaching is a business and just like a lot of professional players, many coaches want to maximize their earnings rather than have the toughest challenges.

No all coaches think the same.
Largely they do think the same, that is why they choose thr sand profession. They are competitive. They compete for a living. The man who would run away from a challenge because he thinks he might get blamed if he sucks would never become a coach and certainly never be a successful one.
I get that you would be afraid of a challenge if it wasn’t the perfect situation and would run away in fear that you might have a year without the best players, but coaches and particularly successful ones aren’t wired that way.

But by all means give me some examples of successful coaches who looked at next years roster and quit because they were afraid to look bad, so you can support your position.

But you can’t back up your claim can you?
Typical of your lying.

I have shared what I read about Kraft at least 3 times prior to this and nobody on PF asked for the link until Woozy.

As usual your full of BS.

Mayo as the head coach has disaster vibes. It feels like "most" of today's successful teams have offensive minded head coaches minus the Bills. This franchise could be in for a 20 year run of mediocrity. Who really knows though.

You are neglecting all of the “ offensive minds” that have failed, e. g….. Matt Nagy, Mike McCarthy, MacDaniels etc…. What matters is getting a HC that can surround themself with the best coaches to get the job done. Whether Mayo can do that or not would remain to be seen, but given the **** show that happened in Houston I certainly have no confidence that O’Brien can do the job.

As for a “ 20 year run of mediocrity,” that is exactly what has happened to every dynasty in NFL history. Rebuilding to consistent contender after that kind of run is always a huge hill to climb. And given today’s NFL it seems to hinge upon getting a true franchise QB, as it’s almost impossible to win with a great defense. I’m not saying you don’t need one, you do, but you also have to be able to score quick and often, as the Bills found out when they where they took the lead with 13 seconds to go and lost the AFC Championship game.

You're insane like Igor

Triumph Triumph Triumph. You keep acting like I was the one responsible for trading your “ Handsome Jimmy” Garrapolo , your words, not mine, to San Francisco, when I had absolutely nothing to do with it. It’s true that I believed they should keep Brady because he was still the best QB in football, thus my long arguments with Quantum Mechanic over this, and I believed your desire to trade him was just as stupid as it was when you were furious that Belichick kept ( that noodle armed metro *** Brady) your words, not mine, over Bledsoe. Time to get over it Triumph, you were wrong, on both counts, and Brady is the GOAT, despite all your hate for him,

Triumph Triumph Triumph. You keep acting like I was the one responsible for trading your “ Handsome Jimmy” Garrapolo , your words, not mine, to San Francisco, when I had absolutely nothing to do with it. It’s true that I believed they should keep Brady because he was still the best QB in football, thus my long arguments with Quantum Mechanic over this, and I believed your desire to trade him was just as stupid as it was when you were furious that Belichick kept ( that noodle armed metro *** Brady) your words, not mine, over Bledsoe. Time to get over it Triumph, you were wrong, on both counts, and Brady is the GOAT, despite all your hate for him,
You're insane like Ring6.

Seriously. Crazy talk.

Typical of your lying.

I have shared what I read about Kraft at least 3 times prior to this and nobody on PF asked for the link until Woozy.

You lied about Kraft’s statement that never happened. Now you’re projecting other people are lying to shield yourself.

You must think the readers on this forum are ten years old… which just shows how foolish you are.

I think B'OB is a great coach. I see a much more structured yet flexible offense this year. The offense seems to know what they are doing, and they are skilled at a wider array of approaches/plays certainly than last year, making for the sort of adapt-to-the-opponent offense favored hereabouts. I think complaints directed at him would be better directed at those who have given him the roster he inherited. He has been masterful in my mind in navigating the limitations of his players and at least a couple really excellent defenses.

So I would love to see him stick around, but I have suspected from the start that he would - understandably enough - jump in fairly short order at a HC opportunity somewhere. I think that's just how it goes. The (slightly tarnished?) silver lining might be that it appears Josh might just pop free in just the right time frame for a return to New England. He can be an overthinking little fusspot at times, but he seems to be an excellent match for Mac, and he's overall an excellent OC. So I'll dust off my underused Happy Hat and say that's what's gonna happen.

Typical of your lying.

You are wrong. You’ve brought it up before and been called out and proven wrong.
Go ahead and show a link. Hint: you won’t and then later you will repeat the lie

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back