Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

You vs. Bill

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the people who think they know it all are nothing but fools. i'm sure the 10 people who voted yes they know more really have no doubt that they are smarter than bb in football.

the people who think they know it all are nothing but fools. i'm sure the 10 people who voted yes they know more really have no doubt that they are smarter than bb in football.

You don't need to be jealous of our vast knowledge. Anytime you want to learn the ropes feel free to PM me

That fact that he knows more than Joe Schmoo does not mean he should not seek advises from professionals. This go-alone attitude is a little concerning; Like in the 8 yr of Bushism, the tunnel vision can drive the bus off the cliff. BB is not bigger than the game... There are plenty of very very smart ppl in NFL. Lately they are having far more success than him.

In light of recent posts such as

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/320850-emperor-bill.html

I think it is time for people to go on record as to their own level of arrogance. I am making it a public poll so I know which folks to put on my ignore list.

Last edited:
Let's face it, if the title of this thread was changed "are you smarter than Pete Carroll?", the voting would probably be a lot different. But in reality, nobody on this board knows more about football than any coach in the NFL. That doesn't mean that every move the coach makes is correct, or that fans cannot second guess coaching decisions.

I, for one, believe that BB just completed his worst season as a Patriot - both from a personnel and coaching perspective. It was bad enough, that if his name wasn't BB, but Pete Carroll, people would be calling for his head.

I also don't think it can even be debated that the coaching staff in 2009 was nowhere near as good as the one 5-6 years ago. So the lack of additions is certainly reason for concern.

I voted yes for the hell of it.

The poll makes no sense. Of course no one on here knows more about football than BB.
That does not mean that he is infallible or does not make serious mistakes in evaluating talent and running the club.

Even though he knows more about football...isn't he the one who OKed picking Chad Johnson, Laurence Maroney, Tyrone Wheatley, signing Duane Starks and Joey Galloway?

Also I seem to remember MANY fans on thsi board advising teh PATS to pick David Harris and Lamar Woodley...both passed over by BB and could have easily been Patriots.

He is not a deity... You can appreciate what he has done without bowing in reverence and vowing never to question him

Last edited:
I am generally not a humble guy, I admit.

But I am in awe of Belichick.

My criticisms of him are minor--and I didn't make them in hindsight.

He made a mistake getting rid of Deion Branch and he should have gone for the field goal in the 2007 Super Bowl.

So, in my book, 99.9% of his decisions have been unassailable. They haven't always gone right (see 4th and 2 versus Colts) but they were still the right decisions.

The poll makes no sense. Of course no one one her does not know more about football than BB.
That does not mean that he is infallible or does not make serious mistakes in evaluating talent and running the club.

Even though he knows more about football...isn't he the one who OKed picking Chad Johnson, Laurence Maroney, Tyrone Wheatley, signing Duane Starks and Joey Galloway?

Also I seem to remember MANY fans on thsi board advising teh PATS to pick David Harris and Lamar Woodley...both passed over by BB and could have easily been Patriots.

He is not a deity... You can appreciate what he has doen without bowing in reverence and vowing never to question him

LOL, Tyrone Wheatley and Chad Johnson were picked!!! Whoooohoooo! I thought it was George Young who picked Wheatley.

Belichick has been here for 10 years, so it's easy to remember the busts like Starks and Galloway and to forget Bobby Hamilton, Antowain Smith, Terrel Buckley, Mike Vrabel, Ted Washington, David Patten, Stephen Neal, Corey Dillon, Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Rodney Harrison, etc.

That's 11 guys brought in from other teams right there.

Burgess, Starks, Galloway and Beisel do not erase that record.

...no denying he is a great, first ballott hall of fame coach...but he is not perfect.
Overall he has made many more good decisions than bad ones for sure

but he does make some bad decisions and like anyone else in this league he should be called out for them..by the fans, if they want to

but he does make some bad decisions and like anyone else in this league he should be called out for them..by the fans, if they want to

Why should he be called out by the fans?

I mean, a blanket statement like that begs the question, why? Just to be critical?

Adriana Lima has a gap between her front teeth, but I wouldn't complain if I were the lucky ugly cuss (her husband must be well endowed) who slept next to her every night.

I mean, a blanket statement like that begs the question, why? Just to be critical?

Adriana Lima has a gap between her front teeth, but I wouldn't complain if I were the lucky ugly cuss (her husband must be well endowed) who slept next to her every night.

Because...over the past 2 years the results have started to decline... since the Super Bowl loss..they have not won a single playoff game...there have been many questionable personnel decisions...and any fan who passionately wants to see the team win has a right to vent and share opinions with other fans on this forum. Certainly if you don't feel Bill should EVER be criticized that is understandable as well and I wouldn't knock anyone for that attitude..but an open mind to hearing opinions on BB seems reasonable

Because...over the past 2 years the results have started to decline... since the Super Bowl loss..they have not won a single playoff game...there have been many questionable personnel decisions...and any fan who passionately wants to see the team win has a right to vent and share opinions with other fans on this forum. Certainly if you don't feel Bill should EVER be criticized that is understandable as well and I wouldn't knock anyone for that attitude..but an open mind to hearing opinions on BB seems reasonable

It's not entirely Bill's fault. He isn't on the field in 3rd&long, or throwing interceptions. Or letting Ray Rice run for an 83 yard TD. Yes he has a hand in it, but he can't make the plays. I can't count the number of times we rushes 5-6 guys this year and got virtually zero pressure. It's not Bill's fault that our team couldn't do squat when it really mattered.

Last edited:
Might be one of the worst threads I have ever seen on here...

If you were the "lucky ugly cuss" who slept next to Adriana Lima every night and wanted to continue with the extremely successful life the two of you had to that point, and she started to pack on the pounds, letting the body sag and failing to keep up her appearance to the level she needed to in order to remain in the upper echelon of her business, you would be a fool not to "complain".

Also, again... this is a message board, not paid Patriots advertising.

Last edited:
It's not entirely Bill's fault. He isn't on the field in 3rd&long, or throwing interceptions. Or letting Ray Rice run for an 83 yard TD. Yes he has a hand in it, but he can't make the plays. I can't count the number of times we rushes 5-6 guys this year and got virtually zero pressure. It's not Bill's fault that our team couldn't do squat when it really mattered.

Bill was the one shopping for the groceries.

I, for one, believe that BB just completed his worst season as a Patriot - both from a personnel and coaching perspective. It was bad enough, that if his name wasn't BB, but Pete Carroll, people would be calling for his head.

I disagree with that. I think people are so upset about this season is because the fact the Pats have Belichick and the expectations are so high every year. With Belichick, we all expect that the Pats will win the Super Bowl and anything else is failure.

If Pete Carroll or someone else was coaching this team and the Pats didn't have the success they had in 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2007; people would be satisfied with a 10-6 season and winning the division. Expectations would be far lower without Belichick and his three rings.

Bill was the one shopping for the groceries.

Sure he was, but he cant control the outcome of the players. They players have to go out there on third and long (offense or defense) and make a play. The only thing you can really fault him for, was 4&2. But that's to debatable to say it was bad or good.

Last edited:
Sure he was, but he cant control the outcome of the players. They players have to go out there on third and long (offense or defense) and make a play. The only thing you can really fault him for, was 4&2. But that's to debatable to say it was bad or good.

If Belichick is the one who brought in the players that aren't good enough to get to the QB, how is it not his fault?

If Belichick is the one who brought in the players that aren't good enough to get to the QB, how is it not his fault?

I'm not pulling the blame entirely off Belichick, I'm just saying that its not like had he coached better we'd be sitting at 18-0 at the superbowl. The Pats failed as a team all season long, no exceptions. Players have to make plays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore