PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Giants Overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol am I hearing this correctly? Just because we got on a hot streak and are in the SB doesn't make us a good team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Man got to love these "knowledgeable" Patriots fan who blindly support an organization who cheats. So according to your logic; just because the 2010 Packers, 2007 Giants, and 2005 Steelers got on a hot streak at the end of the season and won the SB they still are bad because they saved their best football for the postseason? Man those 2007 Giants sucked soo bad, I mean really them vs the 18-0 "mighty" Patriots would absolutely have no chance. Tom Brady definitely would have lit them up, no way he would be limited to 14 points in that game. No way a guy named Eli Manning, living in brother Peyton's shadow, could lead one of the GREATEST CLUTCH SB drives of all-time. Don't worry however Pats fan I'm just a mindless troll anyways, everything I say is false, never will happen, and has no intellectual merit to it whatsoever.:D

People might have taken you more serious if you didnt bring up that cheating BS. Now you are certainly just trolling not even talking about THIS years team.

Don't worry however Pats fan I'm just a mindless troll anyways; everything I say is false, never will happen, and has no intellectual merit to it whatsoever.:D

Self-awareness is so rare these days. Good on ya, mate!

Lol am I hearing this correctly? Just because we got on a hot streak and are in the SB doesn't make us a good team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Man got to love these "knowledgeable" Patriots fan who blindly support an organization who cheats. So according to your logic; just because the 2010 Packers, 2007 Giants, and 2005 Steelers got on a hot streak at the end of the season and won the SB they still are bad because they saved their best football for the postseason? Man those 2007 Giants sucked soo bad, I mean really them vs the 18-0 "mighty" Patriots would absolutely have no chance. Tom Brady definitely would have lit them up, no way he would be limited to 14 points in that game. No way a guy named Eli Manning, living in brother Peyton's shadow, could lead one of the GREATEST CLUTCH SB drives of all-time. Don't worry however Pats fan I'm just a mindless troll anyways; everything I say is false, never will happen, and has no intellectual merit to it whatsoever.:D

"Yes....but is he lucky"

- Napolean Bonaparte

Don't be so defensive. So what if the Giants are extremely lucky. It's better than good.

I'd rather have the luckiest desperate duck in Super Bowl history wind up on a helmet than some actual clutch game ending drive.

Same as having Hail Mary's, Kuhn handoff fumbles, rookies letting the ball hit them, 49er DB's dropping INT because they ran into each other.

A blind squirrel has gots to live.

Hmmmm in a word Yes! Eli will be exposed by the Patriot D Sunday Night.

Last edited:
They are stupid if they prepare as if the Giants are anything other than the reincarnation of the 85 Bears. That's how you get beat - by underestimating your opponent.

We as fans, however, aren't preparing for the game. We're preparing to *watch* the game. And the data shows pretty clearly that the Giants are not, overall, as good as people think they are. They are good, very good, certainly able to win this game. But they are not as good as they've been playing.

Unless, of course, you think this team really is 11-2 turnover ratio good, is 17 points better than Green Bay good, etc.

I don't.

I think they are a very good team, one of the top two teams in the league. How can you overrate them?

Lol am I hearing this correctly? Just because we got on a hot streak and are in the SB doesn't make us a good team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Man got to love these "knowledgeable" Patriots fan who blindly support an organization who cheats. So according to your logic; just because the 2010 Packers, 2007 Giants, and 2005 Steelers got on a hot streak at the end of the season and won the SB they still are bad because they saved their best football for the postseason? Man those 2007 Giants sucked soo bad, I mean really them vs the 18-0 "mighty" Patriots would absolutely have no chance. Tom Brady definitely would have lit them up, no way he would be limited to 14 points in that game. No way a guy named Eli Manning, living in brother Peyton's shadow, could lead one of the GREATEST CLUTCH SB drives of all-time. Don't worry however Pats fan I'm just a mindless troll anyways; everything I say is false, never will happen, and has no intellectual merit to it whatsoever.:D

Mods....... Can we flush the fu(king toilet on this troll now?

The bolded part clearly indicates he has no interest in actual discussion. We really don't need to listen to this Azz-Clown disrespect us in our our house do we?

Lol am I hearing this correctly? Just because we got on a hot streak and are in the SB doesn't make us a good team? ...

This should be obvious, as the Cardinals demonstrated not long ago.

Last edited:
I think they are a very good team, one of the top two teams in the league. How can you overrate them?

Easily. For example, let's say that I thought that this Giants' team was one of the top 5 teams of all-time, and that no matter how I look at the game, they should win this game by 40+ points.

Would that be overrating them?

I'm pretty much certain that the Giants have made history as the only team to appear in a Super Bowl after allowing more points than they scored. If their offense is a great as everyone is suggesting they are then their defense must really suck, otherwise how did they allow more points than their great offense scored?

The Giants are comparable to the Cardinals team that almost beat the Steelers, both were 9-7 and the Giants allowed 6 more points than they scored whereas the cardinals scored 1 more point than they scored. The Giants can win this game, no question about that, but the claims about how good they are way off base. Hot-yes, great-no.

Back to the OP. I think there are a couple things that have been overlooked on the defensive side of the ball. While it is true that Tuck was missing little time during the season he was playing hurt and was not effective. He has been playing much better as of late and seems to be finally getting over some of the injuries.

Secondly Prince got hurt in training camp his first day of practice. So even though he came back halfway through the season it has taken him several weeks to get to a point where he could be trusted with the simplest of responsibilities. The DBs have taken to watching film together 2 nights a week and I think it has helped his play more than anything else.

Finally Boley was out part of the year and he is a huge part of our LB core. the Giants LBers are generally a collection of misfit toys. Boley is far and away the best player in that group and the best pure LB. Getting him back has been huge for the defense as it allows Fewell freedom to better matchup with TEs and HBs in the passing game.

Finally Boley was out part of the year and he is a huge part of our LB core. the Giants LBers are generally a collection of misfit toys. Boley is far and away the best player in that group and the best pure LB. Getting him back has been huge for the defense as it allows Fewell freedom to better matchup with TEs and HBs in the passing game.

Boley missed two games. He played Week 9 against us with 10 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and 1 pass defensed.

Back to the OP. I think there are a couple things that have been overlooked on the defensive side of the ball. While it is true that Tuck was missing little time during the season he was playing hurt and was not effective. He has been playing much better as of late and seems to be finally getting over some of the injuries.

Secondly Prince got hurt in training camp his first day of practice. So even though he came back halfway through the season it has taken him several weeks to get to a point where he could be trusted with the simplest of responsibilities. The DBs have taken to watching film together 2 nights a week and I think it has helped his play more than anything else.

How did those guys get an unmolested Aaron Rogers to badly over throw a WIDE open Jennings in Green Bay?

How did they get Kuhn to fumble a hand off?

Boley missed two games. He played Week 9 against us with 10 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and 1 pass defensed.

Yep he was hurt in the first quarter the following week and came back limited against GB. He was out during the Giants biggest slump of the year. I never said he didn't play against the Patriots. Just explaining why the defense has looked better the past 5 weeks.

How did those guys get an unmolested Aaron Rogers to badly over throw a WIDE open Jennings in Green Bay?

How did they get Kuhn to fumble a hand off?

Probably the same way the Pats got Cundiff to wiff on a gimmie field goal.

Yep he was hurt in the first quarter the following week and came back limited against GB. He was out during the Giants biggest slump of the year. I never said he didn't play against the Patriots. Just explaining why the defense has looked better the past 5 weeks.

Just as getting Chung, Spikes, and Fletcher healthy has led to real improvements in the Patriots defense.

Just as getting Chung, Spikes, and Fletcher healthy has led to real improvements in the Patriots defense.

Yep. This should be a match up of 2 teams who are much improved from where they were earlier in the season. Honestly I see very little from that earlier game that would help plan for your current defense.

And to face Tim Tebow, and the Lee Evans choke.

Take off the troll suit. The Giants played 5 teams at the end. 4 of them played poorly, and 3 of the four were in the middle of bad streaks. The one team that didn't play poorly had the Giants beat until the punt returner screwed the pooch.

Both the Patriots and the Giants caught breaks at the end of the year and in the playoffs.

Right, and how many championships have you won since Spygate? Thats what I thought, each year since 2007 you guys choked in the playoffs. Only this year you have made it this far, because of the luck factor I described earlier.

Each year? They weren't even in the playoffs during Brady's injury year. Just stupid. You are giving us examples of the Patriots losing in two straight seasons. BFD.

And, as for Spygate, you still don't seem to understand that it was about defensive signals. After Spygate, the Patriots offense has improved tremendously.

If stealing signals was such a big factor for the offense, someone will have to explain to me why the offense is much more potent since Spygate.

The biggest difference in the Giants is their turnover ratio. I'm sure getting Osi and Boley healthy has helped with that. But their turnover ratio the last five games (11:2) is so far out of whack with what it was during their previous 14 games (26:23) that it can't be explained simply by getting a couple of guys back.

An 11:2 ratio over 5 games = 2.2 turnovers created vs. 0.4 turnovers lost. Project that over 16 games and you end up with this:

35 turnovers created
6 turnovers lost
+29 turnover margin

The previous 14 games they created 26 turnovers, which = 1.9 per game. Project that over 16 games = 30. So it's not a whole lot different than what they were doing when they went 7-7.

It's the turnovers lost that is the amazing thing. 6 turnovers lost over 16 games is incredible. Over the season they lost 23 over 14 games which equals 26 lost over 16 games.

So their first 14 games' worth of turnovers projected over 16 games comes to this:

30 turnovers created
26 turnovers lost
+4 turnover margin

So you can see just how great they've been at protecting the ball. They've had numerous fumbles over this stretch but really haven't lost any. That's SO unusual...it's a real statistical anomaly, and it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with Boley, Tuch, or Umenyiora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes