PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Chiefs motivation again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePatsFan26

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I was worried about this season for one reason above all others: motivation. We won the Super Bowl right after Deflategate. We then won the one after Brady's suspension, finally putting Deflategate in the rearview mirror. Now, what is our motivation to go above and beyond? Winning for Edelman isn't enough to keep us going for a season, let alone a game.

Getting humiliated in front of Goodell, however, might actually get the team to focus. We've got a solid roster, but all this talk of 14-2+ is nonsense. This is a 11-5/12-4 team without Edelman, Brady getting reacquainted with Gronk and developing a rapport with Cooks, and the defense trying to shake off the ugly from the preseason.

Do you guys think this loss can help to focus this team, or is this a momentum killer that will derail the team moving forward?

No. This team looks far more lifeless than those other teams. Honestly maybe the only comparable is 2014, but even then they had a better all around team. This defense is the absolute worst I've seen from NE as a fan in years.

If the defense does not improve then this team is going nowhere. Mark my words, they are one and done.

No. This team looks far more lifeless than those other teams. Honestly maybe the only comparable is 2014, but even then they had a better all around team. This defense is the absolute worst I've seen from NE as a fan in years.

If the defense does not improve then this team is going nowhere. Mark my words, they are one and done.
Perhaps we'll make a few trades before the deadline to get some young guys on the final year of their deal. The Falcons made us look like an old geezer with a cane; the Chiefs tonight made us look like an old man who fell, broke his hip, and now is crawling after his man yelling "Sonnnnny, gett backk herrrre, Sonnnnyy!"

Long year ahead yet. We've won five rings regardless. This time around I'm at peace with all of it, and will just let it all play out. Let's see if BB Brady and co. have another turnaround in them.

Short memory you have there. The 2011-2013 defenses were atrocious. Let's see how this one is once/if they gel.

This is what happens when you lose all your leaders on both side of the ball, and it was warned before by almost everyone on TV, but we ignored them. Hightower and Ninke are our leaders on D, and Eldeman for the O. You can't field a complete team without leader on the field. The D might go straight into rebuilding mode, now with a lot injuries happen we might have to endure a bridge year.

Short memory you have there. The 2011-2013 defenses were atrocious. Let's see how this one is once/if they gel.
You're right. The 2011 defense was the worst I've seen as a Patriots fan since 2001. However Brady was still Brady, so they won games. Brady isn't exactly Brady right now. Yes it's only one game, but remember the NFL only has 16 games a year. One game is big. Every game is big, especially dealing with HFA.

After what i saw tonight i have no idea what we will end up. 7-9, 9-7, gulp no playoffs? these are all legit possibilities.A supposed 16-0 schedule now looks brutal. i'm not convinced the defense actually improved. The offense is no doubt worse without Edelman. These are not the patriots of the past, who at home were significantly more feisty.

Closer to the Dolphins opener in 2014, where Knowshon Moreno ran over them and they squandered a substantial early lead that should have been even wider if not for dumb mistakes.

2 score loss week 1 vs a strong AFC opponent. 10 days until the next game and lots of material and teachable moments. I think Bill refocuses them mentally. We will see if the talent here comes together as a team. No Nink really hurt, hes been a rock for season and seasons here. Not terribly excited about our LB depth now.

2 score loss week 1 vs a strong AFC opponent. 10 days until the next game and lots of material and teachable moments. I think Bill refocuses them mentally. We will see if the talent here comes together as a team. No Nink really hurt, hes been a rock for season and seasons here. Not terribly excited about our LB depth now.

You've gotta think they try to get Nink out of retirement.

You're right. The 2011 defense was the worst I've seen as a Patriots fan since 2001. However Brady was still Brady, so they won games. Brady isn't exactly Brady right now. Yes it's only one game, but remember the NFL only has 16 games a year. One game is big. Every game is big, especially dealing with HFA.
Good stop right there.

Closer to the Dolphins opener in 2014, where Knowshon Moreno ran over them and they squandered a substantial early lead that should have been even wider if not for dumb mistakes.
Yes that is a good comparison. Pats were able to move the ball early, they scored, they got up. Things didn't look great but I was confident enough that they'd win at half time in each game. Then big mistakes and he wheels came off.

It's one game. The defense was piss poor, but the 2011 version was a turd in a paper bag that was then set on fire.

Alex Smith 28/35 368 yards 4 td and no picks. Maybe BB will show those numbers to the defense who will play much better QBs

I was worried about this season for one reason above all others: motivation. We won the Super Bowl right after Deflategate. We then won the one after Brady's suspension, finally putting Deflategate in the rearview mirror. Now, what is our motivation to go above and beyond? Winning for Edelman isn't enough to keep us going for a season, let alone a game.

Getting humiliated in front of Goodell, however, might actually get the team to focus. We've got a solid roster, but all this talk of 14-2+ is nonsense. This is a 11-5/12-4 team without Edelman, Brady getting reacquainted with Gronk and developing a rapport with Cooks, and the defense trying to shake off the ugly from the preseason.

Do you guys think this loss can help to focus this team, or is this a momentum killer that will derail the team moving forward?
too many new guys in critical positions this season. Still they will win 11 or 12 games still I think and have a shot.. Hopefully not a pipe dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back