PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are all colts fans this delusional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
yeah because the situation is the same. I am on indystar asking are all Pats fans delusional.

:confused:

Did I say it was the same situation? No I didn't. Why are you even posting that stuff here? What answer do you expect fom Pats fans? At the end of the day you are just a Colts fan posting on a Pats message board. I doubt very many people here really even want you here talking about obsessed pats fans. If you actually want to talk football then do so. Otherwise don't bother.

Just slink on back to the Indystar and quit trying to create conflict. You guys can then get back to discussions concerning BB's man boobs or some other fascinating topics that seem to fascinate posters over there.

BTW, you guys sure seem obssesed with the Colts.

& No doubt many here are. Then accuse other teams fans of things and turn around and do the same thing. You should understand. You must be obssesed with the Patriots or you wouldnt be over here.

Get used to it, Workhorse.

You definitely get the good and the bad when you win a big one.

You get the good thing, which is a big silver football to put on the cover of your programs.

And you get the bad things, which means you go through the season with a target painted on your back. And of course, that extends especially to your rivals. Basically you guys used to be this sort of funny annual annoyance. Now you've actually won it once, it's like "okay this has gone too far. These clowns need some serious crushing."

That's the attitude Pats fans are going into it with. We recognize that you've actually done it, and until unseated, you're the champs.

Now we want you trampled back into cornfields whence you came. And you know you spent lots of seasons feeling exactly the same way about the Pats. Just the nature of the beast.

Peter King evidently thinks A. Thomas and D. Stallworth put us a cut above you guys and the bolts. I don't know that he's right, and games are won on the field, not off it.

But I will greatly enjoy seeing your boys kicked to the curb this season.

Enjoy the "bullseye," WH. It doesn't go away until it's over.

PFnV

Get used to it, Workhorse.

You definitely get the good and the bad when you win a big one.

You get the good thing, which is a big silver football to put on the cover of your programs.

And you get the bad things, which means you go through the season with a target painted on your back. And of course, that extends especially to your rivals. Basically you guys used to be this sort of funny annual annoyance. Now you've actually won it once, it's like "okay this has gone too far. These clowns need some serious crushing."

That's the attitude Pats fans are going into it with. We recognize that you've actually done it, and until unseated, you're the champs.

Now we want you trampled back into cornfields whence you came. And you know you spent lots of seasons feeling exactly the same way about the Pats. Just the nature of the beast.

Peter King evidently thinks A. Thomas and D. Stallworth put us a cut above you guys and the bolts. I don't know that he's right, and games are won on the field, not off it.

But I will greatly enjoy seeing your boys kicked to the curb this season.

Enjoy the "bullseye," WH. It doesn't go away until it's over.

PFnV

The Colts aren't going 9-0 this season to start again. I think those days are long gone now.

& No doubt many here are. Then accuse other teams fans of things and turn around and do the same thing. You should understand. You must be obssesed with the Patriots or you wouldnt be over here.

I was joking, mostly. I'll be the first on this board to admit it...I'm obsessed with the Colts!

If you are serious, I will oblige.

Rereading my initial post, it sounds like I am down on the Colts. I suppose some latent animosity towards them for knocking my beloved Pats out may be rearing its ugly head, because I am really not. Manning has progressed to the point that he is really now who everyone proclaimed him to be since 1999. I am on record that his performance in the Nov game was the best I have ever seen him play, and I stand by that still. He was under consistent pressure and he still made plays, many of which being on the run where he has really struggled in the past. I would like to see how he performs with that amount of pressure*and* with NE's CBs playing as well as they did in the AFCCG, but it is possible that they two affect one another.

Indy's offense is definitely among one of the best all time. The only concern that I have is the fact that Harrison has to slow down sometime. He keeps proving everyone wrong who think that "this will be the year", but Indy's offense becomes much easier to defense with only one all-pro WR. Add the loss of a true slot guy (unless you want to move Clark over - but then the TEs are diminished) and this is why I think that Indy might surprise many by picking a WR on the first day. Indy fans: what is going on with Utech? He looks promising, but I believe that he is a RFA.

I believe that Manning's improvement has been the key for Indy overtaking the Pats. NE was able to trick him into calling the wrong play by shifting the D pre and post-snap. Post-snap reading, IMHO is the biggest growth area in Peyton's game since the first Indy/NE AFCCG. If he had a read on what the D was doing at the line, you were toast, but if the D was a little different, he became tentative and nervous. This led to happy feet and holding onto the ball too long, pressure and, unltimately, bad decisions and throws.

Not since the 2004 Div game has Manning appeared flustered in any way by NE's defense. Even in this past AFCCG, most of the decisions were sound, it was just that NE was defending well for the first 25 minutes.

I know it is blasphemy, but even as a Pats fan, I find it hard to argue that Manning is not the best QB in the game right now.

I love Addai's game. He is a tough runner and his blocking and receiving are very sound for a rookie. I do think that Maroney would have looked less tentative if he was running into a nickle D all the time, but Addai is the real deal.

I have even more, but I have to get going right now. If this thread doesn't die I will put the rest in later.

Great post, first of all.:)

Peyton had the best year of his brilliant career last year. One of the reasons was the fact that he worked all offseason on throwing while on the run, which really stood out in crucial situations last year. I also think that the days of the pats, or anyone else for that matter, confusing Peyton pre-snap, are over. To stop him now, you must put him on his back, CONTINUOSLY, ala Pittsburgh last year.

Hopefully, Addai will be able to carry the load by himself next year. If not, Rhodes will be missed, unless DeDe Dorsey is the player the Colt's seem to think he is. Utecht is good but injury prone. He has this habit when he catches a pass and gets tackled. He'll either A. Fumble, B. Get hurt or C. Both. At least, it seems that way to me.:D

The AFCCG - it was the worst of times, it was the best of times for P Manning. Didn't he throw a pick in the first half that Asante returned for a touchdown? Wasn't his team down 28-6 at halftime? So you can say he didn't exactly have a brilliant first half - but obviously he did have a brilliant second half when the chips were on the line.

At the same time, 15 Patriots had the flu. The defense which gave up the fewest points in Patriots history, and the second fewest in the league last year, was not itself that day. Wilfork was out most of the second half. So was Colvin. The flight to San Diego, the tough game against the Chargers followed by the flight back, a short week of practice and then another trip, to Indy, had really taken a toll on them - it was quite plain to see.

So, did Peyton finally get the monkey off his back, or did he take advantage of the Perfect Storm of circumstances? I think the truth is somewhere in between. He proved something to me that day, because real winners take advantage of the breaks they receive while real losers cannot, but at the same time he did receive a lot of them.

The AFCCG - it was the worst of times, it was the best of times for P Manning. Didn't he throw a pick in the first half that Asante returned for a touchdown? Wasn't his team down 28-6 at halftime? So you can say he didn't exactly have a brilliant first half - but obviously he did have a brilliant second half when the chips were on the line.

At the same time, 15 Patriots had the flu. The defense which gave up the fewest points in Patriots history, and the second fewest in the league last year, was not itself that day. Wilfork was out most of the second half. So was Colvin. The flight to San Diego, the tough game against the Chargers followed by the flight back, a short week of practice and then another trip, to Indy, had really taken a toll on them - it was quite plain to see.

So, did Peyton finally get the monkey off his back, or did he take advantage of the Perfect Storm of circumstances? I think the truth is somewhere in between. He proved something to me that day, because real winners take advantage of the breaks they receive while real losers cannot, but at the same time he did receive a lot of them.

I have made it clear that I think that NE wins that game 8 out of 10 times, but I still dispute some of your post.

1) Manning made some terrific throws that Asante and Hobbs made equally terrific break-ups on. Implying that Manning was playing poorly only diminishes just how well NE's CBs played in that game.

2) Wilfork was not out most of the second half. By contrast, Wilfork had to *play* almost the entire half due to injuries to the other DL, particularly Wright.

3) 21-6, not 28-6. Unless your point was that NE was moving in for the game clinching score up 21-3, because *that* I agree with.

I have delved deeply into that fact that I believe that the entire 2006 playoffs was a perfect storm for Indy. KC thought that Johnson would run wild and clearly had no backup plan; Balt clearly thought that the KC game was a fluke; NE was killing Indy before guys started dropping like flies (and those that stayed were toast themselves) and Chicago's offense was tailor made for Indy to stop.

I still maintain that Indy's performance in the 2006 playoffs would get them knocked out in the first or second round 9 out of 10 times. Maybe even more than that. But that doesn't change my opinions about them either. They are a very good team that will be faced with a tremendous challenge of staying on the mountain, rather than ascending up it. I personally don't think they are up to the task, but what else should I think? I'm a Pats fan. :p

The Colt's scored 27 against the pats in the regular season, in New England. They scored 40 in 05, also at the razor.

To me, thats not a fluke, it's a pattern. To say the Colt's were lucky in the second half is selling them short. I say, they UNDERPERFORMED in the first half.

JMO.

The Colt's scored 27 against the pats in the regular season, in New England. They scored 40 in 05, also at the razor.

To me, thats not a fluke, it's a pattern. To say the Colt's were lucky in the second half is selling them short. I say, they UNDERPERFORMED in the first half.

JMO.

I hate your team, but I can't argue the final scores of the last three games. The Pats did play better than expected in the AFCCG, however. Moreover, the Pats have gotten better with AT. If you don't replace Rhodes, it will force Addai to carry a full workload. He only averaged 4.1 ypc last year.

JMHO

Last edited:
I hate your team, but I can't argue the final scores of the last three games. The Pats did play better than expected in the AFCCG, however. Moreover, the Pats have gotten better with AT. If you don't replace Rhodes, it will force Addai to carry a full workload. He only averaged 4.1 ypc last year.

JMHO

I agree, replacing Rhodes will be key to our success next season. I love Addai and I think he CAN carry the load but, I'd still love to see someone picked up either in the draft or as an udfa after the draft. Remember, Rhodes himself was undrafted so, Polians done it before.

I think its more likely that they go with Mungro and Dorsey to back up Addai next year though, maybe even split carries. The 2-back approach worked EXTREMELY well last year.

What can you say when 4 or 5 of your starters sign elsewhere and you have no money to replace them? Depth is a concern for the Colts no matter how they try and spin it. The Colts must have a very good draft.
This is true. Losing players to FA year in and year out keeps the pressure on to perform well on draft day. If I am Irsay though, I like it. That's what Polian and company are PAID to do.

Hey, fool. YOU are over HERE on a PAT's forum. Talk about being obsessed. I can live very well without going to a Colts forum and talk with the chumps there. You chumps, however, cannot seem to be able to survive unless you come HERE to wallow in your obsessive look-at-me-look-at-me-we-finally-won-please-talk-to-me-tell-me-i'm-great-pretty-please-talk-to-me-let-me-pretend-one-win-makes-me-a-dynasty-look-at-me-look-at-me pathetic begging for attention. If you can't stay away from us, at least have some dignity.

You may contuinue to say that artice is not delusional, that the reason the Colts did not spend any money was because they did not want to, but the fact is they have no money.

As far as never spending on FAs, they spend money when they have it, whisch is not frequently, buying guys like Simon, MacFarland, Vinatieri.

You may brag about a team being loaded with UDFAs, as the article does, and goody for you for rarely having a year where you buy FAs.

As you said, you almost never do. And you almost never make the SB. They only year you did was last year when you ... signed some FAs.

I know you are too obsessed with us to leave if I asked you to, but kindly don't call us obsessed with you. YOU are the one who can't stay away from us, not the other way around.

I agree, replacing Rhodes will be key to our success next season. I love Addai and I think he CAN carry the load but, I'd still love to see someone picked up either in the draft or as an udfa after the draft. Remember, Rhodes himself was undrafted so, Polians done it before.

I think its more likely that they go with Mungro and Dorsey to back up Addai next year though, maybe even split carries. The 2-back approach worked EXTREMELY well last year.

It wouldn't surprise me to see you guys get Kenny Irons with the #32 pick.

Hey, fool. YOU are over HERE on a PAT's forum. Talk about being obsessed. I can live very well without going to a Colts forum and talk with the chumps there. You chumps, however, cannot seem to be able to survive unless you come HERE to wallow in your obsessive look-at-me-look-at-me-we-finally-won-please-talk-to-me-tell-me-i'm-great-pretty-please-talk-to-me-let-me-pretend-one-win-makes-me-a-dynasty-look-at-me-look-at-me pathetic begging for attention. If you can't stay away from us, at least have some dignity.

You may contuinue to say that artice is not delusional, that the reason the Colts did not spend any money was because they did not want to, but the fact is they have no money.

As far as never spending on FAs, they spend money when they have it, whisch is not frequently, buying guys like Simon, MacFarland, Vinatieri.

You may brag about a team being loaded with UDFAs, as the article does, and goody for you for rarely having a year where you buy FAs.

As you said, you almost never do. And you almost never make the SB. They only year you did was last year when you ... signed some FAs.

I know you are too obsessed with us to leave if I asked you to, but kindly don't call us obsessed with you. YOU are the one who can't stay away from us, not the other way around.

I, for one, am NOT delusional. I knew going in we would not be in the FA market. It DOES make it tough to hear about all the signings going on. In the end, though, what are you saying? Yeah, Colts DON'T have cash to spend. It's not like Polian woke up on the first day of Free Agency, opened up the books, and said ****, where's all the money! Don't you think for a moment that this was planned, as part of a bigger picture? He obviously didn't sit back when signing guys like Manning, Harrison, and Wayne and say, wait, we can't do that, we won't have any FA money in '07! It DOES put the pressure on the draft well, and draft wisely. He has a theory, and he sticks to it. It happened to work well last year.

I signed up here before the Colt's won anything and I'm pretty sure you can say the same for workhorse. And I'm not here to gloat about ANYTHING. There was a LOT of luck involved in us winning last year but, every Super Bowl winner needs some luck along the way.

I'm here because I like to hear from a different perspective, nothing more. I only post in Colt's related threads, on Colt's related issues. If you folks wouldn't talk about the Colt's, I wouldn't post here.

It's the offseason, we football junkies need to occupy ourselves somehow, if you know what I mean.:D

As for you people being obsessed, I don't think so. It's only natural to discuss one of your biggest rivals.:)

Now, having said that, ya'll need to quit signing people, you're starting to make me nervous.:eek: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back