PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apparently the COVID Innovation Lab is in Baltimore

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From the Athletic:

In a statement released Saturday by team president **** Cass, the Baltimore Ravens announced they had "at least four unique strains of COVID-19" in their facility... "Three of the four were stopped and not spread within our organization. Unfortunately, the fourth was a highly-contagious strain and spread throughout our organization," Cass added, based on information he said was provided to them by the NFL.

So the NFL is providing the expert epidemiological info to the Ravens about what's happening in their own locker room. Wonder how all that will turn out. Probably time to hire Ted Wells and Exponent?

I couldn’t concentrate on the rest of the excerpt when I realized that his name is pronounced “**** Ass.”

This news feels like it's setting the stage for a reduced or vacated punishment for the Ravens. We've never heard about how many strains of the virus affected any other team, so what difference should it make with Baltimore? I think we're going to see a statement like this from Goodell or Troy Vincent in the near future:

"Four of the most dangerous strains of COVID-19 attacked the Ravens facility without warning. Armed with only a 1/3 full container of Lysol wipes, quick thinking team employees were able defeat three of the strains. Brave members of the team allowed themselves to be infected by the fourth strain to prevent it from spreading any further. If not for the heroic actions of the Ravens organization, the city of Baltimore, nay, the entire eastern seaboard would have faced near-certain disaster. And, they were able to provide us with Wednesday afternoon football, which was pretty cool. For those reasons, I have decided to award the Baltimore Ravens an additional second round pick in the 2021 draft. We, as a league, can only hope to follow their shining example."

I couldn’t concentrate on the rest of the excerpt when I realized that his name is pronounced “**** Ass.”

LOL.
Where are you on the "becoming a father" journey? Should be very soon, right?

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who referred to themselves as "Richard Cranium" a few days ago.

She’s 37 weeks today and full term. Coming any day now.
Nice. Are you registered at a Pats Pro shop somewhere? You know, for logo baby attire, wipes, bottles, etc.

Wait what !?
Seriously if covid has 4 strains or more then a vaccine may not cover everything. Will this be like the flu where they guess the serotypes every year

Oh wait a minute...there's a Kontra Jr. in the pipeline?????????? scans the night sky for world ending asteroid....

Wait what !?
Seriously if covid has 4 strains or more then a vaccine may not cover everything. Will this be like the flu where they guess the serotypes every year
Nah, not like that. Vaccines are targeting the spike proteins. At least the Pfizer and Modena are, not entirely sure about Astra Zeneca. The different strains are minor base pair transcription errors, enough to mark different sources but not enough to affect the recipe for the spike proteins or anything like that.

Nice. Are you registered at a Pats Pro shop somewhere? You know, for logo baby attire, wipes, bottles, etc.
Hahaha no. The wife is in charge of that one. I’ve already loaded her up with Pats onesies and shirts in newborn, 0-3, 3-6, 6-12, and 18+. Wasted no time.

Which syllable get's the emphasis?

Which syllable get's the emphasis?
I just say it quickly so it all runs together. If you’re him, why wouldn’t you go by Richard, Rich, or even Rick? He must have gotten tortured when he was a kid for that name. Ol’ **** ass.

Wait what !?
Flu is unique in that it's a very aggressive mutator. I think if CoVID was that adaptive it wouldn't have taken this long to attack. That said, I do expect it to remain in the regular rotation of contagious diseases long after we have a vaccine, especially since the vaccines are rushed and might not fight every strain.

I just say it quickly so it all runs together. If you’re him, why wouldn’t you go by Richard, Rich, or even Rick? He must have gotten tortured when he was a kid for that name. Ol’ **** ass.
Guessing here, but I'd bet his surname rhymes with "base."

Oh wait a minute...there's a Kontra Jr. in the pipeline?????????? scans the night sky for world ending asteroid....

If it were a boy, you'd be right to be concerned. But it's a girl. He doesn't have a chance. Within 10 years, he'll be eating salads, knowledgable about gymnastics, and voting Green.

If it were a boy, you'd be right to be concerned. But it's a girl. He doesn't have a chance. Within 10 years, he'll be eating salads, knowledgable about gymnastics, and voting Green.
The second one could be a boy though. In that case, scan the sky. But not for an asteroid. Scan it for Elijah riding down from Heaven in a fiery chariot.

it's said the asteroid always precedes these Elijah descents....(OK, I ripped off a Riddick line)

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back