PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5no3fg.gif
The real Nostradamus, Century 1, Quatrain 35
The young lion will overcome the older one,1
in a field of combat2 in single fight:
He will pierce his eyes in their golden cage;3
two wounds in one, then he dies a cruel death.4

1 These can only be references to Jones and Brady, respectively
2 I.e., the gridiron
3 "He" here is Belichick. A QB's eyes can be used to represent his understanding of the field, for example, in references to his "vision.": To pierce Brady's eyes is to confuse him with unfamiliar defensive innovations. By "their golden cage" Nostradamus clearly means the Bucs' pewter helmet.
4. Encoded in "two wounds in one" are the numerals 1 and 2, meaning, of course,12, the number of the beast. He might as well just come out and say Brady loses at Foxborough.

Bonus: Internet style made-up quatrain to post on BBS to see if it gets copied and pasted:

Century XXI, Quatrain 21
The twenty-first century, the twenty-first year;
By the borough of the fox, where the root is one;
Clan Macjones will shudder the stones of the lighthouse;
The old king slinks defeated back to the florid Bay

I don’t really understand this “Patriots don’t have a chance” stuff.

The Bucs needed a last second field goal to beat Dallas then saw a big deficit shrink to 3 in the fourth quarter against Atlanta. Both were home games against non-contenders where Brady was almost perfect.

Historically, if you have a projected 12 win team on the road against a projected 9 win team, the spread is only about 3-4 points…a margin that’s likely covered by a +1 turnover edge.

The challenge I see for the Patriots is they’ll need some big plays against the Bucs secondary. They’re not going to consistently win those 3rd and 2 / 4th and 1 scenarios. And with the Bucs linebackers, screen passes and quick passes aren’t usually so effective.

Jones will need to take some shots…the Bucs secondary isn’t great, and the Patriots are capable of reeling off some chunk yardage. Trying to beat the Bucs with 15-play drives just doesn’t work. Their run defense is too dominant, and they’re bound to create negative plays with that front 7.
The Bucs haven't been perfect, but let's not forget the reality of those two games:

1. The Cowboys were only in it because the Bucs committed 4 turnovers, 1 of which stopped an almost certain TD drive.
  2. The Falcons were only in it because the officials flipped the game by 10 points before the half.

**** happens, and everything, but we need to start there before we even get into team pluses and minuses.

I’m looking forward to it, hopefully they make it really tough on Tampa, and I would love to see them beat them, but they really aren’t on that level yet, Anything can happen but the Patriots still have a lot of work to do to be a Lombardi favorite on a regular basis.

I'd feel better with Gilmore playing. Front 7 needs to improve for us to have a shot.

Looking forward to it. Should be a great atmosphere and I hope Brady gets the biggest ovation ever given at a sports game.

In terms of the game, the Pats gotta find ways to turn field goals into TDs because the Bucs will get their points. I think we gotta get 2+ turnovers to have a chance.

This is the game of the year for me and I cant wait even though its 2 weeks away.

Keys to a win:

Pressure on Brady
Run da ball
no turnovers
Pats have no shot, just hoping the Patriots keep it competitive. You can't come at the king with a pop-gun offense.

The Bucs defense hasn’t been that dominant. Their offense has. Granted they played two good QBs back to back in Prescott & Ryan, and when they went up by 10, they teed off on Ryan.

My main concern is Mac being psyched out playing vs his idol. Mac is gonna need to just let it fly. Pats probably need to score 35 to have a chance. Brady will probably throw 4 td passes or more. Gronk and Brown will want their revenge as well. Could be ugly, that’s why the Saints game will be a must win. If they could beat the Saints, losing to the Bucs would put them at 2-2. After that they have the Texans, then Cowboys, and then the Jets. Might be 4-3 after that stretch. Still in the hunt at that point.

I think the real interesting here is that this type of story line is usually when 2 great QBs are playing each other and they obviously only compete vs each other's defenses. In this case we actually get to see the GOAT QB vs the GOAT defensive coach.

Will be interesting to see what Bill has in store for TB. And vice versa does TB just know this D too well for us to stop him.

Couple other things of real interest what can DMAC do vs tom I have to imagine he can read his mind by now.

Hopefully Mac is able to do his part to keep with what should be some next level big brain football.

Nope. I may not watch. It would be my first missed game (on TV) since before Brady. Zero interest in watching LeBron Brady preening around with his super team. I know that no one agrees with me, it is what it is.

If my wife left me for a millionaire I wouldn't watch them having fun in his Ferrari either.

I keep seeing the score Bucs 45 Pats 21 in my head. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case. Maybe the Pats hang tough for a while, like maybe get the score to 28-21, then the Bucs get some late scores.

Hope I’m wrong, would love to see the Pats hand the Bucs their 1st loss of the year, but I don’t think the Pat’s offense will be in sync in time for that game. BTW, I see the Pats scoring 21 on 3 td passes from Mac, and I could see Mac playing relatively well in that game. I hope his first breakout game will be next week though. Needs to get some huge confidence going into the Bucs game.

I think the real interesting here is that this type of story line is usually when 2 great QBs are playing each other and they obviously only compete vs each other's defenses. In this case we actually get to see the GOAT QB vs the GOAT defensive coach.

Will be interesting to see what Bill has in store for TB. And vice versa does TB just know this D too well for us to stop him.

Couple other things of real interest what can DMAC do vs tom I have to imagine he can read his mind by now.

Hopefully Mac is able to do his part to keep with what should be some next level big brain football.
TB knows all the usual tricks that BB would pull on him. And BB knows that TB knows that. Therefore I propose that BB should unleash the Norm Macdonald roast of Bob Saget game plan.

Go as vanilla as humanly possible. Play a passive cover 2 zone defense; No physical play on any receiver. Brady will be thrown off his game; he’ll see the defense and think, “what am I missing?” and get his timing thrown off. Just when Brady starts understanding what’s going on, crank it up to 11 — play the Cover no Gronk defense that Pittsburgh showed in the 2015 opener.
1632187026859.jpeg

Brady will be so astonished to see BB do this that he’ll think he’ll be seeing ghosts when he’s not, and lead to his getting flustered. He won’t know what hit him!

TB knows all the usual tricks that BB would pull on him. And BB knows that TB knows that. Therefore I propose that BB should unleash the Norm Macdonald roast of Bob Saget game plan.

Go as vanilla as humanly possible. Play a passive cover 2 zone defense; No physical play on any receiver. Brady will be thrown off his game; he’ll see the defense and think, “what am I missing?” and get his timing thrown off. Just when Brady starts understanding what’s going on, crank it up to 11 — play the Cover no Gronk defense that Pittsburgh showed in the 2015 opener.
View attachment 35835

Brady will be so astonished to see BB do this that he’ll think he’ll be seeing ghosts when he’s not, and lead to his getting flustered. He won’t know what hit him!
Well played. It'll be like the Sicilian death match from The Princess Bride.

Yes, and the hype will be unreal. Tom vs Bill is a heavyweight matchup which may be their only one.

However, I'm cringing at the thought of a Bucs blowout as the media will rip Bill apart. Tom, Gronk and AB will want to embarrass Bill/Kraft what Curtis Martin did to the Pats from 1998-2000.
Why do you care if Bill is ripped apart?

Eventually he will no longer be apart of this organization then a separate Bill section will need to be added so anytime his name is brought up that entire thread can be moved over to that section.

After all, that's what "real" Pats fans do, correct? Talking about past legends is taboo

Figured since the other thread got locked for… reasons unknown… we can continue the conversation here. I know when I come to a message board, I love to have the conversation stifled. That’s what drives me to keep coming here, ultimately. But I figured we might keep this thread open if only to maintain the appearance that we are a discussion board.

Anyway, post your thoughts on the match-up here. In the sub-forum dedicated to the guy who quarterbacked the team to 6 Super Bowl wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back