PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets are going for 2K a pop and thats on the low end.

2K to watch a massacre in person.

It's going to be another heads-I-win-tails-you-lose sorta game. I have one loyalty and that's to the Patriots. That said, if Peyton Manning carved us up that's way worse than I'll feel if it's Brady - stupid long-term attachment, especially in regular season. If he beat us in the post season, I'd feel like it was personal, but in regular season, early on, with us not expected to win? Hate to admit it but I'd be like ::shaking head:: good ol' Tommy. You bastard. ::chuckle::

But beating Brady, as the QB of the champs? That would be beautiful. A pick-6 or two would be a good way to do it too.

I’m excited to see what Mac can really do. If we can see Mac open it up and lead his offense to scores against that Bucs defense.. Pats are winning the SB soon.

And by soon I mean in a few months. Bookmarking this post.

Last edited:
I wish that it wasnt so, but you know whats coming too.
5no3fg.gif

I don’t really understand this “Patriots don’t have a chance” stuff.

The Bucs needed a last second field goal to beat Dallas then saw a big deficit shrink to 3 in the fourth quarter against Atlanta. Both were home games against non-contenders where Brady was almost perfect.

Historically, if you have a projected 12 win team on the road against a projected 9 win team, the spread is only about 3-4 points…a margin that’s likely covered by a +1 turnover edge.

The challenge I see for the Patriots is they’ll need some big plays against the Bucs secondary. They’re not going to consistently win those 3rd and 2 / 4th and 1 scenarios. And with the Bucs linebackers, screen passes and quick passes aren’t usually so effective.

Jones will need to take some shots…the Bucs secondary isn’t great, and the Patriots are capable of reeling off some chunk yardage. Trying to beat the Bucs with 15-play drives just doesn’t work. Their run defense is too dominant, and they’re bound to create negative plays with that front 7.

If we keep failing to score touch downs…it’s gonna be a long day.
The Bucs defense definitely suspect but that offense can def put up points at will. I don’t think we match up against them well at all. We shall see.

Yes, and the hype will be unreal. Tom vs Bill is a heavyweight matchup which may be their only one.

However, I'm cringing at the thought of a Bucs blowout as the media will rip Bill apart. Tom, Gronk and AB will want to embarrass Bill/Kraft what Curtis Martin did to the Pats from 1998-2000.
Throw in the fact that Brady will likely pass 80,000 yards this week and pass Brees as the all time passing leader in game 4 in Foxboro....

You mean the Massachusetts media. You pretty much are clueless about the Pats fans.
My sister works in Mass for a big outfit and shares the general mood of the fans regarding Boston sports.

Only someone ignorant would try to spin positives about Brady leaving. Do go on though.

My sister works in Mass for a big outfit and shares the general mood of the fans regarding Boston sports.

Only someone ignorant would try to spin positives about Brady leaving. Do go on though.
I really enjoyed watching Patriots football before Brady and I have equally enjoyed watching Patriots football since his departure. For me, it is all about the laundry, I appreciate all Brady did, but I really have no rooting interest towards the Bucs (except if their win helps the Patriots playoff chances). If the Bucs beat the Patriots it will feel like a Patriot loss like all the other regular season non-crucial losses.

No, I am more than "just a fan"....I live and breath Patriot football 25/7/365....

And I'll be here LONG after all players, coaches, and owners have come and gone...

I take it seriously. My mentality is day by day...just do your job...try to get better every day...
“I live my life one quarter mile at a time.”

-Dom Toretto

I don’t really understand this “Patriots don’t have a chance” stuff.

The Bucs needed a last second field goal to beat Dallas then saw a big deficit shrink to 3 in the fourth quarter against Atlanta. Both were home games against non-contenders where Brady was almost perfect.

Historically, if you have a projected 12 win team on the road against a projected 9 win team, the spread is only about 3-4 points…a margin that’s likely covered by a +1 turnover edge.

The challenge I see for the Patriots is they’ll need some big plays against the Bucs secondary. They’re not going to consistently win those 3rd and 2 / 4th and 1 scenarios. And with the Bucs linebackers, screen passes and quick passes aren’t usually so effective.

Jones will need to take some shots…the Bucs secondary isn’t great, and the Patriots are capable of reeling off some chunk yardage. Trying to beat the Bucs with 15-play drives just doesn’t work. Their run defense is too dominant, and they’re bound to create negative plays with that front 7.
We definitely don’t match up well with them. Not a lot of teams in the league do. When you’re highly dependent on an attack that features two TEs and running the ball and you’re up against a defense that has two LBs that can go man-to-man with both TEs and is traditionally good against the run, it’s a bad match-up. Mistakes/turnovers would most definitely compound the game into a potential blowout. I can see why people wouldn’t think we’d have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down