PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Anybody but the Patriots" mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell some of you aren't from Massachusetts because you haven't seen people wearing that corny ass "I support 2 teams: the RED SOX and WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE YANKEES" shirt.

Everybody remembers the" Yankees Suck" t-shirts. They used to be all over Fenway.
But since I moved Down South in '91, I'd never seen the pirated version that was apparently popular in Mass. until my teenaged niece wore one when she visited us.
"Yankees Suck" on front of tshirt. She turns around and it reads "Jeter Swallows" on back. Biggest laugh I'd had in a while.

Ehn. Of all the anti-Pats stands to take, "Anyone but NE" is the most logical and reasonable one. Can't really blame any non-NE football fan for holding it.
Except, then they'd have to rename the Super Bowl from "The New England Patriots' Coronation As The Best Football Team Ever" to something else, like, I dunno, "The NFL Championship Game" or something boring like that

Everybody remembers the" Yankees Suck" t-shirts. They used to be all over Fenway.
But since I moved Down South in '91, I'd never seen the pirated version that was apparently popular in Mass. until my teenaged niece wore one when she visited us.
"Yankees Suck" on front of tshirt. She turns around and it reads "Jeter Swallows" on back. Biggest laugh I'd had in a while.
Tom talked about this himself, after we won our third title: "Oh the Patriots again??..."

Teams like the Packers, 49ers, Steelers, and Cowboys had dynastic periods.
Those time frames became boring however I respected those teams.

Teams like the Packers, 49ers, Steelers, and Cowboys had dynastic periods.
Those time frames became boring however I respected those teams.
I always liked football.

But I've always been a Patriots fan, and a bitter, angry one since the robbery of 1976.

Silly Earthlings. I'm down with the OPP ~ heh ~ on this one: "How mentally distraught do you have to be to dedicate an article of clothing to hating something?"

Original Poster's Point, 'cause now I gotta hear this:

I love the Alabama Crimson Tide, and always have...But, then: I've always also loved the Michigan Wolverines, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and several other teams.

And when they're playing each other, I have a blast...Georgia BullDogs? Love'm!! I like all Georgia Teams!! Last Year's Championship Game was awesome.

I loved watching the Steelers win in the 70's.

I loved watching the Miners win in the 80's.

I loved watching the CowBoys win in the 90's.

Greatness does not annoy, irritate, bore, or sicken me.

Greatness inspires and exalts me.

Last edited:
Silly Earthlings. I'm down with the OPP ~ heh ~ on this one: "How mentally distraught do you have to be to dedicate an article of clothing to hating something?"

I love the Alabama Crimson Tide, and always have...But, then: I've always also loved the Michigan Wolverines, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and several other teams.

And when they're playing each other, I have a blast...Georgia BullDogs? Love'm!! I like all Georgia Teams!! Last Year's Championship Game was awesome.

Wait a minute... Does this mean that you look in the paper or online, see who is in first place, and then buy a hat??? :cool:

That moron in the stupid jacket NEVER wants to run into me...

Wait a minute... Does this mean that you look in the paper or online, see who is in first place, and then buy a hat??? :cool:

I'm not surprised that my simple, clear message was too much for you to process. :rolleyes:

Only the most pathetic and contemptibly weak ~ like Dennis Leary ~ root for a team over their own home town team because of that team's success...or falsely accuse others of doing so.
spock.gif
To any but the pathetic and contempibly weak, it goes without saying that I've always rooted for the Patriots against all of the NFL Dynasties, come Hell or High Water...

But you'd have to be pretty weak, indeed, to allow your love for your own team to get in the way of admiration for another team's Greatness. And you'd have to be a pathetic little worm to be so intimidated by the accomplishments of others that you hate them. o_O

It's the offseason and it's slow so I thought I'd share my story.

So I was at the Atlanta airport a few months ago and I saw this guy with this jacket and I had to get a picture of it.

03Go16Q.jpg

How mentally distraught do you have to be to dedicate an article of clothing to hating something :D I live out in Ohio and I saw a bumper sticker that also said "Anybody but the Patriots" with a "Go Colts!" logo on it. I google "Anybody but the Patriots" and there are tons of pictures and merchandise and a couple of youtube videos.

Go ahead and google, "Anybody but the <insert any other NFL team here>" Do any other teams have this kind of jealously? . . . . Nope.

Feels good to be a Pats fan :D
I'm wondering if the guy actually is a Patriots fan and his jacket is meant to snub the haters. Just a thought. Odd that it's the old Pat Patriot logo helmet since all the success has been with Flying Elvis.

Ehn. Of all the anti-Pats stands to take, "Anyone but NE" is the most logical and reasonable one. Can't really blame any non-NE football fan for holding it.

I don't blame anyone for holding that sentiment, I do however take exception to the way many of them choose to express it. I admired those great Niners and Steelers teams from a distance even while I wanted to see them exit the stage. Greatness should be celebrated for the rare and inspiring thing it is. The whining we see is unseemly and merits our contempt. The only possible remedy to it is to continue the beatings until morale improves.

Symbols of disapprobation alike that jacket are the proves the Pats is the brand of itself. If you are successful you are blessing for some people, for the others you are doomed. That is normal,when one team dominates it makes frustration,it is boring for non fans. I know many folks saying "your team sucks" every time The Patriots are not the winner of the Lombardo Trophy. What is worse they do not even have their favourite teams but support every team playing against the Pats. One year they turn out to be Steelers fans,next year they pretend to be for example Seahawks supporters. I call that phenomenon "love to the random team through the hate to the Patriots".

Why are some of you so fragile that this stuff bothers you?

You belong to a small minority in the world. Hating is much easier than thinking.

I'm sick of Golden State and I barely watch the NBA. And they're like, only on phase 1 of the trademark 17+ year domination plan.

So I can only imagine a diehard NFL fan who isn't also a Pat's fan must be miserable.

I actually don't mind Golden State or other "dynasty" like teams in any sport. I guess I just think its cool that they are that successful. I'm not a Bulls fan, but I wasn't anti-Bulls in the 90s either. I think you can appreciate another team's success and not get sick of them.

He looks like he'd go down pretty easily. The jacket weighs more than he does.

I actually don't mind Golden State or other "dynasty" like teams in any sport. I guess I just think its cool that they are that successful. I'm not a Bulls fan, but I wasn't anti-Bulls in the 90s either. I think you can appreciate another team's success and not get sick of them.

I like dynasty talk because it gives me a chance to talk about the greatest dynasty of them all, the Celtics. Golden State could get close to them if they just repeat 3 of 4 twice more in succession.

Some of my opinions on the NYFL dynasties has changed over the years, especially when the Pats started getting called cheaters for doing nothing. On top of that list is the 49ers and Jerry Rice, who admitted to using stickum after he had the dropsies in his first season.

Ahh, whaddya care for, ain't you one of them snobs from Newport?

I watched a couple minutes of the linked music videos.

Not a single person in them has watched a football game before. At least not voluntarily for enjoyment. Seriously.

If I were a fan of another team I’d be sick of the patriots too. Just think if the cowboys or packers were in 8 super bowls since 2001. I think people are just ready for Brady to retire so that other teams, particularly those in the AFC, have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes