PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any luck on Ticket Exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGooddell

Rookie
Reaction score
Any luck on Ticket Exchange?

I've been checking a lot over the last week or so...haven't seen a single ticket for any game. I already have the Chiefs, Panthers, and Dolphins games (but have been checking those too)...looking for Texans, Panthers, and Chargers.

Last couple of years the ticket exchange has been really hit or miss. No where near the amount of tickets available as before. All you can do is keep checking.

I have a strong suspicion that ticket brokers have algorithms set up to buy tickets as soon as they become available on Ticket Exchange.

Smart investment by ticket agencies, based on prices I am seeing on the retail market.

What began as something meant to benefit fans has morphed into a vehicle that only benefits the secondary ticket market - ironically, the polar opposite of the original intent.

On a side note, why is it that police departments will set up sting operations to arrest an individual selling a ticket for a few dollars over face value (without taking into account the extra fees one must pay for said ticket), but it is perfectly acceptable for companies to openly sell tickets for concerts and sporting events for hundreds of dollars over face value on their web site?

I've been checking a lot over the last week or so...haven't seen a single ticket for any game. I already have the Chiefs, Panthers, and Dolphins games (but have been checking those too)...looking for Texans, Panthers, and Chargers.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

2331d87427e8521fdf296239a6a64d36_400x400.jpeg

On a side note, why is it that police departments will set up sting operations to arrest an individual selling a ticket for a few dollars over face value (without taking into account the extra fees one must pay for said ticket), but it is perfectly acceptable for companies to openly sell tickets for concerts and sporting events for hundreds of dollars over face value on their web site?

why is it white collar wall street criminals bilking millions from innocent investors walk away with slaps on their wrists while Joe Blow gets thrown in jail for jaywalking?...

I have a strong suspicion that ticket brokers have algorithms set up to buy tickets as soon as they become available on Ticket Exchange.

Smart investment by ticket agencies, based on prices I am seeing on the retail market.

What began as something meant to benefit fans has morphed into a vehicle that only benefits the secondary ticket market - ironically, the polar opposite of the original intent.

Yea

Yea I agree with the algorithm theory. I tried like hell to get tickets to the Bengals game last year (Brady's first game back) but couldn't beat those bots. No matter how fast I spelt the words "chemin" or "calle" or "avenue st" I couldn't get past those captchas fast enough!

Why is it that scalping tickets is anything the Commonwealth of MA gives one tiny **** about? There shouldn't be a single minute in any year wasted on any police investigations/stings/whatever of scalping.

If Kraft and the Patriots care that much about the alleged evils of scalping, let them deal with it themselves. They could deal with it if they actually cared: For starters, completely stop issuing "hard" tickets and make everything print-at-home PDFs (and mail out tickets printed on plain 8.5x11 paper for those who want/needed something physical sent to them). And they could monitor Ace, Stubhub, and void any tickets they see there. (Of course, that would put them in the embarrassing situation of voiding some tickets they threw the scalpers' way themselves.)

Still nothing...been checking like crazy. I know it should be more active as games get closer, but I've never seen it this quiet on the exchange.

I've had a lot of luck buying tickets on the exchange. I start checking the week of the game and have always found tickets at a fair price

Has anyone even seen, let alone purchased, tickets on the exchange this season??

I saw few blocks of tickets to the Christmas Eve game one night a few weeks back but nothing since.

Ticket sites and scalpers have got onto the list and are taking up inventory...sucks...

I saw few blocks of tickets to the Christmas Eve game one night a few weeks back but nothing since.
Jeez that's not good. I have yet to see a single ticket posted for any game. I check multiple times a day.

Ticket sites and scalpers have got onto the list and are taking up inventory...sucks...
Crazy...haven't even been able to look at tickets for the last 4 hours. "An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site..."

Crazy...haven't even been able to look at tickets for the last 4 hours. "An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site..."

I mean the list back when I could easily get tix in 2007-2014 didn't have 1/5 of the people it does now...since their last 2 SB wins...it's added (what seems like all of NE) to the list. Hell after this last SB win i know of 10 people that got on it for tix exchange and pre sales....Once Brady retires it will dump a lot of fair weather fans..but still...it's going to only get worse and worse

When brady retires a lot of fans will sell there season tickets
I think it's going to unwind a lot faster than Kraft thinks. And I don't think it's going to be like Washington with a N year waiting list even when the team is consistently bad.

Also, my gut feeling (I admit I have no hard data to back this up) is that quite a few people only still have season tickets because they can easily sell most of the games (whether by ticketExchange, Stubhub and the like, to friends, etc.) and thus make the cost of season tickets to the games they really want to go to much more affordable. Once it becomes more of a challenge to reliably dispose of the tickets and they are faced with having to bear the full cost of the tickets, I expect they'll be giving them up.

I mean the list back when I could easily get tix in 2007-2014 didn't have 1/5 of the people it does now...since their last 2 SB wins...it's added (what seems like all of NE) to the list. Hell after this last SB win i know of 10 people that got on it for tix exchange and pre sales....Once Brady retires it will dump a lot of fair weather fans..but still...it's going to only get worse and worse
How many people are currently on the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case