PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Coyne - Dean Mass School of law.
Said that because it is only a civil law suit, he Expects that the police already looked into it & decided not to pursue charges.

AB lawyer is going to file a counter suit for
Extortion.

The standard of if it looks like he did it is far different from he did it and just didn’t get prosecuted.
Your post sounded like you want to read stories and cut him depending if you believe them or not.
It’s the second one.

I do also find it suspicious in her statement she says she's willing to work with any nfl investigation when one hasn't even started yet. I usually like to hear more info before judging the situation but man this one right away stinks of money and wanting to ruin someone's life.

She wants him to lose his job. That's obvious.

Whether or not shes well within her right of that is the question.

Honestly regardless of what happens, we probably should just cut him. We don't need him and this is the last thing this team needs. Nobody is going to touch him with this thing going on. Sucks for what could have been but some things are bigger than football

Disagree with this. Put yourself in the accused shoes. How would you feel if your company fired you over a false lawsuit you didn’t commit?

Let’s let cooler heads prevail before jumping to conclusions.

People don’t get thrown in jail if they get sued. If the lawsuit is upheld they lose money. Why is that so hard for some people to comprehend?

I fully understand and agree with you, so let me clarify what I was trying to say...

If he did nothing, she needs to be put in jail for extortion.
IF he raped her, he needs to go to jail

Thats what I was trying to communicate.

She wants him to lose his job. That's obvious.

Whether or not shes well within her right of that is the question.
No it isn't at all. It is obvious she wants to get paid. She may want justice too, but I don't think you try to get someone fired from their job if you want to get a bunch of money from them.

This is the first time I’m going to use Thread Ignore.

If she was assaulted, that’s terrible, but when you continually go back to the “perpetrator” and never file a police report, making it impossible for the accuser to defend himself (it’s now just who you believe), I’m can’t give my energy to this cause. I mean, I was up in arms over the Aaron Hernandez story, so I wouldn’t say I’m defensive; I just don’t care to get into this impossible web of speculation that comes along with all these accusations.

I would hope someone who is assaulted would want to file criminal charges to protect innocent people, rather than just a self-serving order for punitive damages.

I never suggested she was intelligent. Nor did I suggest she is necessarily telling the truth.

I’ve said women have not been believed to the extent that I feel they should have. And I can’t imagine how helpless victims feel.

I can’t blame anybody who chooses not to believe if there isn’t any evidence

I never suggested she was intelligent. Nor did I suggest she is necessarily telling the truth.

I’ve said women have not been believed to the extent that I feel they should have. And I can’t imagine how helpless victims feel.
i can't imagine being accused of a crime I didn't commit. Talk about hell on earth. you are brain washed.

Michael Coyne - Dean Mass School of law.
Said that because it is only a civil law suit, he Expects that the police already looked into it & decided not to pursue charges.
I don't buy it. I'd bet she never went to the police and this is all the very first any of this has been reported to or submitted to the authorities.

Honestly regardless of what happens, we probably should just cut him. We don't need him and this is the last thing this team needs. Nobody is going to touch him with this thing going on. Sucks for what could have been but some things are bigger than football
I hope you never get accused of anything.

That is not how this society works these days. You get accused of something; you are GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY. Period.
Pats should have left this alone. We already had a good team. We don't need him. And we let Thomas go for this guy and gave him to the Jets. :mad:
Never a moment of peace for us Pats fans. Always something.

It's unfortunate, but I think the Patriots are as adept as any franchise in the NFL at not letting this type of thing distract them. I'm not that worried from that perspective.

I mean, we should be skeptical of Brown's statement too, but even supposing this is all true... how big of a dumbass do you have to be to put the lady who already tried to grift of you on your payroll and then sleep with her continually over several years?! The accusation is probably completely false but, like, Antonio, dude, you kinda asked for it.

Yeah, true or not, this is what some fans feared this guy brings to the team, a soap opera and distraction.

Disagree with this. Put yourself in the accused shoes. How would you feel if your company fired you over a false lawsuit you didn’t commit?

Let’s let cooler heads prevail before jumping to conclusions.

But wait! He played in Pittsburgh.

No it isn't at all. It is obvious she wants to get paid. She may want justice too, but I don't think you try to get someone fired from their job if you want to get a bunch of money from them.

No one wants justice if the first thing they do is go after money.

If she wanted justice she would goto the police. Let it play out in the courts and then when that's resolved ahe can sue for money.

This is a money grab and she wants him to pay with job job too. This is the precedent roger set when he used his investigations as borderline criminal witch hunts.

so being violantly raped leads almost always to some sort of injuries in specific areas...you don't go to hospital ? don't call the police? yeah alright why would you do it? i mean what would be the best evidence you've been violantly raped if not be the doctors report on your injuries after it occured?

don't want to defend brown, guy is stupid, but boy this is f**d up

the timing, the story, everything makes me feel its set up
I think the key here is that if she is lying, then she had to say she returned to his home because there might be some proof that she did..ie video, ect.
Why would someone who was violently raped the night before return to the rapist house? Makes no sense, but again..she had to say it in the complaint because there might be evidence that she did.
Really sounds like consensual from what I've read...including the texts.

The big neon flashing sign is her statement that she would cooperate with the NFL. That is her way of trying to get AB to decide it would cost him less to pay her off than it would to face (for example) a 6 game suspension.

Avenatti is a little busy being disbarred at the moment.

All this happened when he was a Steeler but all the headlines are going to read, “New England Patriots’ wide receiver Antonio Brown...”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back