PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Shmessy, they were wins and I (and I assume everyone else) will take them. But 10 points against Buff and 9 in the first half against one of the worst D's in the league suggest we could have sued a superstar WR, no?

A win is a win. In the NFL here are no style points for stats unless someone is playing in an FFL - - - which I suspect is behind most of the AB whiners here......

Then I guess we could also use Tyrek Hill. That Hardman kid is working out, maybe we can grab him too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:MAXIMUM :rolleyes: +

Yeah, and the upset fella in Minnesota, and Larry Fitzgerald, and Dez is STILL sitting by the phone dammitt!!!!!!

The FUNNIEST thing about what @Deus Irae is pulling tonight is that he did THE EXACT SAME thing in 2013 with Welker and in 2014 (until the Pats won the SB) with Logan Mankins.

This guy has no shame. I've never seen a more self-unaware poster on this website than Deus Irae. It's really an accomplishment to come back time and again to push the same misguidedness.

Last edited:
At this point I'm curious if anyone can offer a new perspective on the matter.

11,000 posts in and you are looking for a fresh perspective? Well I am looking for my lotto ticket to be the next big winner. I suspect we both are looking at pretty damn steep odds against :D

t's pretty weak cherry picking to look at just the first half of today's game where the Patriots scored 33 points and talk about how they needed another guy at WR.
I am really happy with the offense's halftime adjustments today with the running game that allowed us to remain balanced. The Giants are below average at rushing defense (currently 22nd) and pass defense (currently 28th), so we should be able to remain balanced against them if we have a decent gameplan.

A win is a win. In the NFL here are no style points for stats unless someone is playing in an FFL - - - which I suspect is behind most of the AB whiners here......

An absolute viewpoint is perfect in an absolute world. For better or worse we don't live in that world. Yes we won. Yes I am happy about. Yes we are still a very very good team. But in the post game analysis you can't see from last week and the first half of this week that our passing game is inconsistent? Hey, maybe it won't be soon and the personnel we have will gel. There's still a lot of season to progress.
Regardless of that possibility, consider this analogy: we won so who cares who we have kicking FGs right? As long as we win Nugent could miss half of them, it doesn't matter because we won right? Or, conversely, you can greatly appreciate the win, which I/we do, but recognize 'Nugent's inconsistency may be trouble ahead. If we had 'better former kicker X' it would be better for the team. Come on, you can't tell me you fail to see the logic there and how it applies to having or not having a superstar WR in the line up, no?

Sure could have used Welker and Mankins these past two games...

Fixed it for ya, Mr. Make the Same Mistake Three Times and Hope Nobody Remembers...........

An absolute viewpoint is perfect in an absolute world. For better or worse we don't live in that world. Yes we won. Yes I am happy about. Yes we are still a very very good team. But in the post game analysis you can't see from last week and the first half of this week that our passing game is inconsistent? Hey, maybe it won't be soon and the personnel we have will gel. There's still a lot of season to progress.
Regardless of that possibility, consider this analogy: we won so who cares who we have kicking FGs right? As long as we win Nugent could miss half of them, it doesn't matter because we won right? Or, conversely, you can greatly appreciate the win, which I/we do, but recognize 'Nugent's inconsistency may be trouble ahead. If we had 'better former kicker X' it would be better for the team. Come on, you can't tell me you fail to see the logic there and how it applies to having or not having a superstar WR in the line up, no?

An absolute viewpoint, because a PAST victory or defeat or tie is an absolute, Straggler.

The direct response, was to a poster who wrote "Sure could have used him these past two games..."

They got the maximum possible benefit - - 2 W's - from those two games (unless the end of the season playoff seedings for the Pats come down to a tie-breaker situation).

Whatever else you are arguing there is a different argument.

Last edited:
An absolute viewpoint, because a PAST victory or defeat or tie is an absolute, Straggler.

The direct response, was to a poster who wrote "Sure could have used him these past two games..."

They got the maximum possible benefit - - 2 W's - from those two games (unless the end of the season playoff seedings for the Pats come down to a tie-breaker situation).

Whatever else you are arguing there is a different argument.

Alright Shmessy, we'll agree to disagree, no worries.
So we'll leave it with this :) :
acdc-have-a-drink-on-me-atlantic.jpg

And yet BB was unhappy on being forced to release AB by Kraft. And Brady has clearly been upset at the way the situation has been handled. So while you might think this was a clear-cut egregious behaviour, atleast in BB and Brady's view it wasn't so apparent. Kraft forced the issue.

What Belichick and Brady want doesn’t change my mind one bit when it comes to Antonio Brown. He’s a bad person, period. I’m really glad he’s gone

Brady has come out multiple times and said that he wished Brown was still on the team. This is about as strong a statement as he could make to indicate he wished things had been handled differently.

link?

What Belichick and Brady want doesn’t change my mind one bit when it comes to Antonio Brown. He’s a bad person, period. I’m really glad he’s gone

What you want doesn't change my mind one bit when it comes to Antonio Brown. He's a great football player, period. I'm really sad he's gone.

Which part of the contract did he violate by texting the girl "she's broke" "you're lying" or some variant of it, on a story that originally surfaced years ago and was dug out again by a SI hack journalist. There's no civil or criminal suit here.

''There's no civil or criminal suit here'' .. No need to be filed a civil or criminal suit, only his public behavior was enough.

Attachments

• EEMAZw6WkAEX4wF.jpg
    EEMAZw6WkAEX4wF.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 4
''There's no civil or criminal suit here'' .. His contract is pretty clear take a look. No need to file a civil or criminal suit, only his public behavior was enough.

His texts to the second accuser didn't materially undermine the club in any manner. So that.

Is Dez Bryant ready to go?

Hearsay information is hardly reliable, there is a part of #12 that would want him here, but as a father, community man and standard bearer for this team there is another side as well...

Then there is the famous "reading between the lines" which is as unreliable... what did he really mean by saying this?? This is the stuff for conspiracy theorists on Sports Talk Radio...

The Patriots are 5-0.

Antonio Brown went Jimmy Piersall in a courtroom last week. He's a better candidate for a straitjacket than an NFL uniform.

It's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents