PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they couldn't, considering the fact that he sent those texts ~10 days after joining the team, and no doubt he had been told by both his lawyers and the team to stay in line.

The guy was a ticking time bomb. It wasn't a matter of 'if', it was a matter of 'when'.
Apparently Bill could if what we read is to believe. And if Bill could deal with it that’s what should matter. I have faith in his judgement, not Bend-Over Bob.

It's like when you're banging the incredibly hot crazy chick, but you know one day she's gonna do something really embarrassing in front of your friends/family, so when that day inevitably comes, you gotta say goodbye. Still sucks because you'll miss the sex. But the key is that you have to let a girl like this down super easy or else she will go 10x nuts on you - hence the triple Brady heart on instagram.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

They’re not yours either, so what’s your point?
If they were I wouldn’t treat it lightly. Brown is a loose cannon. It’s too bad he went so long without becoming acquainted with the concept of accountability.

Well no considering “Bendover Bob” stemmed specifically from his handling, or lack there of, of Deflategate.

So he merits disdain for something you didn't like but didn't merit recognition for all he got right.
He's a 'good' owner but his apology wasn't good enough. Yeah, our mileages definitely vary.
You'd have loved Victor Kiam, he really stuck with his players.

If they were I wouldn’t treat it lightly. Brown is a loose cannon. It’s too bad he went so long without becoming acquainted with the concept of accountability.
But they’re not though. So apply your own advice to the situation.

If you can’t do that and see the nonsense behind this text message debacle than I don’t know what else to tell ya.

Last edited:
So he merits disdain for something you didn't like but didn't merit recognition for all he got right.
He's a 'good' owner but his apology wasn't good enough. Yeah, our mileages definitely vary.
You'd have loved Victor Kiam, he really stuck with his players.
What are you my therapist?

He gets called Bendover Bob due to his handling of Deflategate.

You don’t have to like it, but that’s the story behind the name.

Seems Kraft's DeflateGate reputation is still deflated.

TFB and BB wanted him on the field. Makes sense.

Kraft didn’t want him because it was bad for business. (Nike had already axed AB and sponsors were not happy). Also makes sense.

The boss made a decision. What is so hard to understand here?
Why the hell should we defer to Nike?

Also, Kraft has co-signed far worse (non-athletes) than Antonio Brown. Besides, unless Kraft is counting pennies, Antonio Brown's presence will hardly put a dent in the Patriots' business. Especially if he helped win another Super Bowl.

Kraft is a hypocritical kiss *** who lucked into B & B while excelling at slurred post SB "we are all Patriots" BS speeches.

Kraft is a hypocritical kiss *** who lucked into B & B while excelling at slurred post SB "we are all Patriots" BS speeches.
Given his personal issues, I have a suspicion releasing Brown was a PR move, likely one his legal team suggested. You know the angle prosecutors would try to frame.

Last edited:
Give his personal issues, I have a suspicion releasing Brown was a PR move, likely one his legal team suggested. You know the angle prosecutors would try to frame.
That would really tick off Belichick

Worst in season move ever.

It would’ve been nice if “Bend over Bob” was “enraged” when his Franchise QB was thrown under the bus for deflating balls.

By the way, who’s the creator of “Bend over Bob?”

I didn’t coin it, but I did create a thread in 2015 with some poll options for his new nickname, since he revealed himself as gutless coward. I believe I called him Rollover Bob and then someone else piggybacked it to Bendover Bob (much better.). I think it was a lady with a woman name in her avatar. He is also #31 for jersey number.

Kraft caved to pressure from the slimeball media. Such an ass. Not the first time and probably not the last time he'll bend over.
I don't think you get what motivates super rich people that would like to have more money. It's not the media, it's the possibility of losing sponsorships and ad revenue streams.

more media click bait. Would Brady liked to have Brown's talent on the field, yes. Is he pissed he's gone considering Brown's behaviour, no. Another non-story.

If reports are true, both Brady and BB opposed cutting Brown. How is that a non-story?

TFB and BB wanted him on the field. Makes sense.

Kraft didn’t want him because it was bad for business. (Nike had already axed AB and sponsors were not happy). Also makes sense.

The boss made a decision. What is so hard to understand here?

C'mon, PJ. You know the many issues involved that make it "hard to understand", to use your words.

They said the CBA has few outs for the pats as far as this and none of them apply. And the cba supercedes any language the pats put in the contract.
Said pats had no shot at not paying, according to league lawyers.

Should have structured it differently. Heck of a mistake. Heck of a signing.

Sounds like they will from what I read. Doesn't mean they have to make it easy though probably best to just pay him to go away

Maybe Bob will throw in a forfeited draft pick to properly punish the team and feel better about himself. By releasing Brown, he sure saved the image of the New England Patriots as the cleanest, most universally beloved organization in sports. The team's reputation has changed so dramatically as the team that "does the right thing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST