PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
more media click bait. Would Brady liked to have Brown's talent on the field, yes. Is he pissed he's gone considering Brown's behaviour, no. Another non-story.
I don’t necessarily think it is something you can easily dismiss. Brady had an answer that was the equivalent of “I just work here.” The only questions you could have are regarding BB’s feelings. That’s something that we will probably never know. People disagree with their bosses all the time in professional settings and still find a way to put it aside. With BB, though, his deal is the football team and Kraft’s deal has always been to stay out of the way of those decisions. So this would be a pretty big violation of their deal, if true.

If true, it’ll be interesting to hear what the “employers have no business caring about what their employees do” contingent on the board have to say. I’m also curious about what they’d do if clients/customers started pulling or threatening to pull business because of the employee.
As a businessman? If I was running a business as ridiculously profitable as the Patriots, I’d call their bluff. They’re the #7 valued sports franchise in the world, valued at $3.8B, and they are a ratings powerhouse. If they pull their sponsorship, I find it hard to believe that there wouldn’t be sponsors waiting in the wings. This reputation that Kraft has of being a pit bull in the board room baffles me. Every indication I see is that he’s weak.

As a businessman? If I was running a business as ridiculously profitable as the Patriots, I’d call their bluff. They’re the #7 valued sports franchise in the world, valued at $3.8B, and they are a ratings powerhouse. If they pull their sponsorship, I find it hard to believe that there wouldn’t be sponsors waiting in the wings. This reputation that Kraft has of being a pit bull in the board room baffles me. Every indication I see is that he’s weak.
Good point. It’s like sponsors telling the Cowboys they’re out.

After thinking on this for a few days, I’ve got to say, pretty disappointing to just see him cut based on media pressure.

We have a 42 year old QB, who’s the best to ever do it who may not be around for much longer and a 67 year old coach, who’s the best to ever do it and may not be around for much longer.

To just cut a player of AB’s caliber due to accusations and anonymous stories that resurfaced after years is pretty soft.

Is Brown a douchebag? Yeah. That’s not really up for debate, clearly. But there’s been many instances of other players who went through this same scenario and were allowed to continue playing and we’re given the right to let the due process play out. At the end of the day, it’s still a civil case with zero criminal charges being filed.

I think Kraft caved under the pressure and also due to his Day Spa story resurfacing. Kraft definitely didn’t enjoy that comparison.

The fact that Brady isn’t happy about it speaks volumes as well.

I was just thinking we needed another Antonio Brown thread.

Worst in season move ever.

It would’ve been nice if “Bend over Bob” was “enraged” when his Franchise QB was thrown under the bus for deflating balls.

By the way, who’s the creator of “Bend over Bob?”

BB and Brady are the greatest gift Kraft ever received. When they go, I have no faith Kraft will keep this train going.

Kraft caved to pressure from the slimeball media. Such an ass. Not the first time and probably not the last time he'll bend over.

After thinking on this for a few days, I’ve got to say, pretty disappointing to just see him cut based on media pressure.

We have a 42 year old QB, who’s the best to ever do it who may not be around for much longer and a 67 year old coach, who’s the best to ever do it and may not be around for much longer.

To just cut a player of AB’s caliber due to accusations and anonymous stories that resurfaced after years is pretty soft.

Is Brown a douchebag? Yeah. That’s not really up for debate, clearly. But there’s been many instances of other players who went through this same scenario and were allowed to continue playing and we’re given the right to let the due process play out. At the end of the day, it’s still a civil case with zero criminal charges being filed.

I think Kraft caved under the pressure and also due to his Day Spa story resurfacing. Kraft definitely didn’t enjoy that comparison.

The fact that Brady isn’t happy about it speaks volumes as well.
Timing was bad. Had this happened in the offseason ala Tyrek Hill, media would’ve moved on.

TB12 is clearly pissed. The GOAT ever played the game, with 42yold, No f@cking OL, No TE, AB out, DT, railroad, 1/2 Gronk gone, K'neal Harry rookie on IR, JE11 getting old & banged up, Gost just getting happy feet in his last 3 years, Gordon will never be the explosive guy who once was, forget it, and so on...

Any other GOAT in any Sport, would say I'M DONE! But, football is his life, and WINNING his song! Some other guy would just make his team loses bigly to just f@ck up the man behind the curtain! The Billion Dollar Man! you know what i mean,

TB12 is in his final years, & they still crap on him. Would love to see any other QB dealing with this sh@t almost 20 years! C'mon Man!

BB and Brady are the greatest gift Kraft ever received. When they go, I have no faith Kraft will keep this train going.
Once in a generation Coach and QB. His son will probably take over By the time Brady and BB retire.

Simple...Brady wanted to play with a HOF talent. BB wanted a bit more ammo for KC in the playoffs. Can’t blame them. It is what it is.

more media click bait. Would Brady liked to have Brown's talent on the field, yes. Is he pissed he's gone considering Brown's behaviour, no. Another non-story.
Brady probably believes it's BS and overblown as much as many of us fans do.

Tone seems to have changed in here, or "the tide is turning" as they say. Are people against Brown's release now?

Tone seems to have changed in here, or "the tide is turning" as they say. Are people against Brown's release now?
Seems like it for some.

Funny how very little, if any, where calling for his release after the text.

Brady thinks he's Mr. Rogers -
... it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood Antonio won't you be my neighbor.

I didn't want him released ... it was a media engineered hatchet job.
Antonio didn't do himself any favors either ...

Kraft caved to pressure from the slimeball media. Such an ass. Not the first time and probably not the last time he'll bend over.
To make matters worst they may end up paying Brown the 9 million anyway once this goes to arbitration.

Last edited:
By the way, who’s the creator of “Bend over Bob?”

Some damn fool who wasn't around for the 3 Stooges that owned the team before Kraft.
Anyone who survived the broke ass thieving Sullivans, Victor the Huckster and Otis Carpetbagger Orthwein wouldn't insult the man that kept our team in New England to that degree. Short of his moving the team or killing someone (after all Krafty Bob is no Ray Ray) I'll always find forgiveness in my heart for whatever his sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe