PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think a reunion is possible once we withhold his money but Brown is a dumbass and he should know he didn’t withhold his end of the bargain.
who knows Jacoby Myers might the next Super Star receiver out of nowhere.

I know AB is all worl talent, but there a part of me (the admittedly clueless part that does really get how he became that that could not be replicated.)

He is the same height exactly and about the same weight as Jules, Dorsett, and Deon Branch was... He might have been a tad faster in the 40 (not actually sure)

When I watched him play with Brady, he actually reminded me alot of what Branch was like.

If he had been on a Tom Brady team the last ten years, he would most certainly not have the same numbers he had with Ben. Because Tom Brady spreads the ball around.

I do not think he is nearly as good as Randy Moss was.

On the Pats he might have production more like one of Deon's best years, especially if Gronk was still on the team.

Maybe Myers and Harry become super stars.

I'm probably way wrong.

So my buddy is a filmmaker and he's headed to Foxboro to spend the day with AB to do some sort of documentary at his airbnb lol
Qjw7rmW.jpg

Nothing in there is a threat.
Where do you suppose he got the pictures.
You are sensationalizing the facts to make it look how you want.

He felt it was a money grab. He texted with his friend that she is broke and texted pictures of HER AND her kids to show that. He felt she was going to sue him so he told his friend they should dig up dirt in her.
Digging up dirt is not a threatening act.
Texting pictures of a person and their kids that said person GAVE YOU ACCESS TO is not a threatening act.

Antonio Brown is a moron. The text was stupid, including her on it even more stupid.
There are many reasons for him not to do it.
It being threatening is certainly not.

Because he was wrong to do it does not mean people can call it whatever negative thing they want to and be justified. Think people.

Please explain, without creating your own version of what he intended, how he threatened her.
Where in those texts are the words that equal
Threat

There are certain rules in society that everyone is required to follow or they are not entitled the benefit of the doubt.

One rule every adult knows is you don't communicate with someone who has made this type of accusation. If you do, you are responsible for the interpretation, even if incorrect.

Just texting "hi" in this situation can be construed as a threat. If a wise guy says to you, "How is your family?" that should be taken as a threat.

The burden of proof is on AB (and you in this case) to prove it was not harassment or a threat and it's close enough based on your above post that, at best, no one knows what he meant.

He was in a place and posting images he should not have. Any negative interpretation is on AB.

Except he wasn't. They spent 10 hours with Taylor and they came up with nothing to put him on the list. All that statement says is basically the exempt list isn't off the table. Pats cut him because an incident happened on their watch. He was on a one strike and your out deal, those text messages were the strike.

This is the nfl basically telling teams that it's probably best not to sign him right now. IMO

Last edited:
Which words constitute a threat?

Here is a completely hypothetical example:

Wow, what beautiful kids you have. It would be awful if something were to ever happen to them.

Where’s the threatening word(s) in that? There isn’t one. However, what matters a hell of a lot is context. Which is the issue here as well. The above statement looks a hell of a lot worse when someone texts this to you with a picture of your kids and copies his buddy Johnny No Thumbs on it.

Oh please. Something can totally be intimidating and legitimately fear-causing without meeting the statutory elements of the crime of stalking or whatever.

Say your daughter is in a dispute with some crazy rich guy and he sends her a text with pictures of her kids and instructions to his shady flunkies to dig up dirt on her. Your daughter is freaked out and talks to a lawyer who tells her that it doesn’t meet the definition of a crime so there’s nothing the cops can do. Are you seriously going to tell your daughter - “it’s ok, honey. The cops said it didn’t meet the definition of a crime, so you’d be silly to worry about it. After all, if it’s not a crime it can’t possibly be intimidating at all. Your fears are totally meaningless and everything is cool.”

Ooh ooh dig up dirt? How dangerous. My god what will we ever do?

Please. Don’t have any dirt to dig up then who cares. Digging up dirt isn’t a threat of bodily harm. Or even emotional...unless you have dirt to be dig up. Again, people white knight way too much without caring what the real story is or what real threats and intimidation are.

The white knights are taking her side hook line and sinker as they always do. When it appears the opposite, said white knights shrug their shoulders and head off for their next encounter no matter what they leave in their wake.

There are certain rules in society that everyone is required to follow or they are not entitled the benefit of the doubt.

One rule every adult knows is you don't communicate with someone who has made this type of accusation. If you do, you are responsible for the interpretation, even if incorrect.

Just text "hi" in this situation can be construed as a threat. If a wise guy says to you, "How is your family?" that should be taken as a threat.

The burden of proof is on AB (and you in this case) to prove it was not harassment or a threat and it's close enough based on your above post that, at best, no one knows what he meant.

He was in a place and posting images he should not have. Any negative interpretation is on AB.
I think AB is a turd and he should have been smart enough to stay away from this but pretty much everything you say here is wrong.

She accused him of owing her money and being in a room with her wearing a towel.

That does not bar him from contact with her. It does not add missing words and made up intention to a text that somehow makes it threatening.

He sent photos that SHE GAVE HIM
ACCESS TO friends in a text. There is nothing at all illegal or unacceptable about that.

A negative opinion of what he did is of course on him. Inventing that he did something he didn’t is wrong. It’s like arresting someone for suspicion of a crime because they came into your neighborhood, did nothing, but gave a criminal record, so since they have a criminal record you are allowed to assume they are only there to commit a crime.

Wow, what beautiful kids you have. It would be awful if something were to ever happen to them.

Where’s the threatening word(s) in that? There isn’t one. However, what matters a hell of a lot is context. Which is the issue here as well. The above statement looks a hell of a lot worse when someone texts this to you with a picture of your kids and copies his buddy Johnny No Thumbs on it.

That’s because that statement, depending on context, is a clear threat. That is a clear threat to your children and would be criminally investigated.

Digging up dirt is the polar opposite of that.

Couldn't handle the media pressure. Did KC cave? Nope, they gave their reprobate an extension. Good job Bobby Kraft. Getting owned by ESPN and the globe editorial board.

I don’t get this at all.

There is a difference between a signing bonus and a guarantee.

OAK fined AB for violating team rules and then waived him, and voided his contract, when his behavior continued.

There has been no discussion of voiding AB's contract with the patriots, and also no discussion of any actions by the patriots other than releasing him.
The Patriots apparently have told AB and Rosenhaus that they are to have no further direct contact with the Patriots organization, but deal with their lawyers. The money's obviously important to the Krafts, but I get the impression that this is bigger than football and even the Krafts' pockets.

He didn’t say any such thing.

The words you just made up could be perceived as a threat. But he didn’t say those words. In fact he didn’t say anything at all
like that.

Are you honestly telling me that you think those texts represent him threatening to hurt her children?

I think AB is a turd and he should have been smart enough to stay away from this but pretty much everything you say here is wrong.

She accused him of owing her money and being in a room with her wearing a towel.

That does not bar him from contact with her. It does not add missing words and made up intention to a text that somehow makes it threatening.

He sent photos that SHE GAVE HIM
ACCESS TO friends in a text. There is nothing at all illegal or unacceptable about that.

A negative opinion of what he did is of course on him. Inventing that he did something he didn’t is wrong. It’s like arresting someone for suspicion of a crime because they came into your neighborhood, did nothing, but gave a criminal record, so since they have a criminal record you are allowed to assume they are only there to commit a crime.

Maybe we are talking about something different.

I am referring to AB's status with the NFL, the Patriots, and the public.

I am not calling for a police investigation into criminal actions from these texts. There is not enough proof for that.

He was not barred from contacting her, but the NFL should suspend him for doing so (and the Patriots cut him), because who can tell what his intent was, which makes it as good as a threat in their eyes.

That’s because that statement, depending on context, is a clear threat. That is a clear threat to your children and would be criminally investigated.

Digging up dirt is the polar opposite of that.

Sending a group text (including AB's lawyer) to the woman saying we are going to dig up dirt on you is a threat.

Why is that so hard to understand? It's funny how some think a threat can only be physical/criminal.

Ooh ooh dig up dirt? How dangerous. My god what will we ever do?

Please. Don’t have any dirt to dig up then who cares. Digging up dirt isn’t a threat of bodily harm. Or even emotional...unless you have dirt to be dig up. Again, people white knight way too much without caring what the real story is or what real threats and intimidation are.

The white knights are taking her side hook line and sinker as they always do. When it appears the opposite, said white knights shrug their shoulders and head off for their next encounter no matter what they leave in their wake.
I don’t like you. You just said a lot of bad things about me publicly and accused me of things I didn’t do and I think you are positioning yourself to sue me. I am going to talk to everyone I know who knows you and I am going to have my attorney and friends investigate and see what dirt they can dig up on you.

That is not by any means a threat. And no person could ever be convicted of a crime for saying that.

He didn’t say any such thing.

The words you just made up could be perceived as a threat. But he didn’t say those words. In fact he didn’t say anything at all
like that.

Are you honestly telling me that you think those texts represent him threatening to hurt her children?

I know that, Andy. Hence the words “completely hypothetical”.

And no, I’m not telling you that. I don’t know what the idiot hoped to accomplish except to make the woman worry.

What I am doing is something you should recognize since you often do it yourself. I am disputing your notion that a threat needs to have a specific word that makes it a threat. It’s the context that matters as much as the words.

Last edited:
Sending a group text (including AB's lawyer) to the woman saying we are going to dig up dirt on you is a threat.

Why is that so hard to understand? It's funny how some think a threat can only be physical.

No it is not. Digging up dirt is perfect legal. Informing someone you are going to do it does not qualify as a threat. Threat involves doing something illegal.

I don’t like you. You just said a lot of bad things about me publicly and accused me of things I didn’t do and I think you are positioning yourself to sue me. I am going to talk to everyone I know who knows you and I am going to have my attorney and friends investigate and see what dirt they can dig up on you.

That is not by any means a threat. And no person could ever be convicted of a crime for saying that.

No crime. But they can be cut from their team.

I know that, Andy. Hence the words “completely hypothetical”.

And no, I’m not telling you that. I don’t know the idiot hoped to accomplish except to make the woman worry.

What I am doing is something you should recognize since you often do it yourself. I am disputing your notion that a threat needs to have a specific word that makes it a threat. It’s the context that matters as much as the words.
Well I wasn’t dismissing context, so I will add to what I said.
Show me what he said and the context he used that amounts to threatening.

What I am trying to say is you can’t do that without making a wild assumption.

No it is not. Digging up dirt is perfect legal. Informing someone you are going to do it does not qualify as a threat. Threat involves doing something illegal.

Plenty of threats are legal. So is showing up to a team meeting 5 minutes late.

And plenty of people lose their jobs for making perfectly legal threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft