PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that it’s possible to get the money back.
Reports are they didn’t pay him the money yet but it is on the cap.
They MIGHT withhold payment. That MIGHT result in a grievance.
IF it all goes their way they will get a cap credit next year.

Can we start a bunch of new threads so as to bump anything AB related off the first page?
You just bumped this one by posting in it lol

So you think we go undefeated in the conference? You wouldn’t put the browns in there?

I meant our conference. The AFC east.

The AFCE is a division not a conference and the Browns are not in it. Son, you need to get yourself a copy of

9780764550546-uk.jpg

Or start trolling chiefsplanet where you'll fit right in

Last edited:
Probably. But even if NE does, it won’t affect the cap this year but will be a cap credit next year.

But if they are confident they’ll have that credit next year, they could restructure some contracts to push some cap out of this year into next year.

So it’s possible to free up cap space this year to make a a mid-level move if need be?

Don’t disagree but that’s not what was being discussed.

Does it really matter how threatening it was? Any level of threatening is going to be blown way out of proportion based on his history, severity of accusation, and the current culture we live in. Agree with it or not, think its that threatening or not, at this point, AB dug that hole himself.

On a side note, I think he knows he messed up. If this whole thing blows over towards the end of the year and this saga resolves itself with no teeth to the whole deal, then I can see the Pat's bringing him back.

Why do we need to fill the spot? If we want someone from the Practice Squad to be active, then we'll activate him today. Otherwise, this can wait a couple of day while the team continues to have tryouts and make phone calls.
Actually they have to fill it today (per rules of having a 3rd yr guy on PS in Kamalu). I expect Johnson to be activated as a guess with Develin out and both TEs questionable.

Does it really matter how threatening it was? Any level of threatening is going to be blown way out of proportion based on his history, severity of accusation, and the current culture we live in. Agree with it or not, think its that threatening or not, at this point, AB dug that hole himself.

On a side note, I think he knows he messed up. If this whole thing blows over towards the end of the year and this saga resolves itself with no teeth to the whole deal, then I can see the Pat's bringing him back.

I don’t think a reunion is possible once we withhold his money but Brown is a dumbass and he should know he didn’t withhold his end of the bargain.

I don’t think a reunion is possible once we withhold his money but Brown is a dumbass and he should know he didn’t withhold his end of the bargain.

I'm sure they knew that was coming. He already got that treatment from the Raiders.

He was trying to leave that door open with his Instagram posts

I just want to be spared the cluelessness (hopefully that’s all it is) of the “Well, she already had those pix on social media so he didn’t do anything wrong putting them in the texts” people.

The problem isn’t that the pictures were available on social media.

The problem is that Brown took the effort to go grab a copy and include them in a group text, including the kids’ mother, that was sent to some of his flunkies (one an ex-con) telling them to go dig up stuff on her. If that is not an outright veiled threat it certainly can reasonably be interpreted as one.

I’d love to know how many of you keyboard warriors would really sit back and say “ah, no big deal” if someone you had a dispute with sent you a text with pictures of your kids and instructions to other people in the text to dig up dirt on you.

Personally, I didn't find the group texts to rank up there with "criminal intimidation". I felt that it exposed Brown's poor social awareness (e.g. when the heat is on you, you STFU) and INABILITY to let things go or follow instructions. I mean Brown copied his lawyer and other people on that text as if he thought he was doing himself a favor.

That is not to say that the woman did not do the right thing in having her lawyer write up a cease and desist type of letter. I'd have done a restraining order as well or at least documented everything with the authorities. She was reasonable in taking precautionary action. However, AB posted pictures of her kids with the intention to show that the kids were poor and starving in a feeble attempt to have his cronies start to dig into her finances to paint her as a cash grabber.

Last edited:
Like a nat. Yep Jets fan

Guess you assuming that because i am from New York. Like pats fans only live in massachusetts. I’m originally from roxbury but work in new york so i moved out here.

Well In the big picture it doesn’t matter but in a discussion about mislabeling the texts threatening it does.

No way no how he is back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foot Locker...
not an endorsement deal, but as assistant manager snapping selfies with new shoes that come in and posting on Instagram like he's endorsing them... no one will care.

Guess you assuming that because i am from New York. Like pats fans only live in massachusetts. I’m originally from roxbury but work in new york so i moved out here.

Most Massholes would never say they are from ny even after living there for 50 years. They'd also capitalize Massachusetts and Roxbury but not ny. Just sayin'...

Bitterly disappointed that this thread is still going on. Why???? He's gone. He's gone because his actions WHILE he was here was damaging to "the brand"

If I can get over Bob Kraft I can get over Antonio Brown.

He looks a lot like Develin, except he watches what he hits. Develin is like that X-men character Jugganut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes