PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing Cooks does well is drop passes in the Superbowl
Posters who need to crap on former pats to try to prove a point that a current guy is better obviously cant let the current guy's production stand on its own to prove the point.

Welker: 75.9% catch % in the playoffs
Edelman: 65.7% catch % in the playoffs

Welker: 26 catches on 32 targets in the SB
Edelman: 24 catches on 37 targets in the SB

Wes Welker Playoffs Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Julian Edelman Playoffs Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

So, outside of one catch opportunity, on a play for which most of this board blamed Brady at first, where are you coming up with this theory?

I'll take JE catches over WW every day of the week in the playoffs...

Posters who need to crap on former pats to try to prove a point that a current guy is better obviously cant let the current guy's production stand on its own to prove the point.
Cooks is a good receiver, but, the knock on him has always been he’s soft as Charmin.

Two. You guys are sleeping on the 2012 AFCCG where the Pats came out gaining back momentum moving the ball into Ravens territory until Welker dropped another catchable 3rd down pass. Pats had to punt and the crowd groaned if I recall correctly. Ravens took over after that.

How many clutch catches in the playoffs and Super Bowl from Edelman will it take to change your mind? Welker may put up better stats, but in crunch time it’s not even close. I’ll take Edelman. His efforts have helped them win 3 Super Bowls. Welker 0.
That is not the discussion though.

No, I think I'll take results over stats. Cooks did nothing for the Pat's or the Rams in the Superbowls he played in. JE made the catches when the game was on the line and it mattered most. So I like JE more than Cooks or WW. Guys who use stats as the true test of a player dont watch the games

The "stop light" aspect of it is very flimsy IMHO. I could understand passing out for hours in a parking lot somewhere.... but in the road at a stop light? You'd think a cop would come along (or be called) at some point over the course of a couple hours....

The bigger thing to me is, when you're stopped at a stop light, your foot is on the brake. Nobody puts their car in Park. So are they saying she fell asleep for hours and her foot stayed on the brake?

Or, did she realize she was falling asleep and put in park? If she was conscious of her actions enough to know she was falling asleep, why wouldn't she pull off somewhere into a parking lot or the side of the road? She just decided to sleep at the light?

No, I think I'll take results over stats. Cooks did nothing for the Pat's or the Rams in the Superbowls he played in. JE made the catches when the game was on the line and it mattered most. So I like JE more than Cooks or WW. Guys who use stats as the true test of a player dont watch the games
Wes is probably Super Bowl MVP for a 19-0 team if Samuel makes that pick. JE in his prime played for better teams.

Two. You guys are sleeping on the 2012 AFCCG where the Pats came out gaining back momentum moving the ball into Ravens territory until Welker dropped another catchable 3rd down pass. Pats had to punt and the crowd groaned if I recall correctly. Ravens took over after that.

How many clutch catches in the playoffs and Super Bowl from Edelman will it take to change your mind? Welker may put up better stats, but in crunch time it’s not even close. I’ll take Edelman. His efforts have helped them win 3 Super Bowls. Welker 0.

Edelman was just 5 of 13 against the Falcons. So we are to ignore the 8 non-connections, I guess? None of those were "clutch" enough to count?

See, here's the problem. When you get to define "clutch" however the hell you want, you get to determine who is "clutch".

No posters arent taking in all of the factors....of course. And of course the goalposts have been moved again.

Cooks did nothing for the Pat's or the Rams in the Superbowls he played in.
He got knocked out early during the Eagles game on his first catch. I bash Cooks on here but this isn’t fair to put blame on him for that.

Welker had bad luck he played with some ****ty DBs on teams. If we had Gilmore, Revis and company he could have easily been part of a SB team that scores 10 points in the SB and wins. He was also apart of the 1 Brady less season and 1 freak play in the other SB.

He simply had a lot of bad luck. But individually he is far better than Edelman.

Welker: 75.9% catch % in the playoffs
Edelman: 65.7% catch % in the playoffs

Welker: 26 catches on 32 targets in the SB
Edelman: 24 catches on 37 targets in the SB

Wes Welker Playoffs Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Julian Edelman Playoffs Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

So, outside of one catch opportunity, on a play for which most of this board blamed Brady at first, where are you coming up with this theory?
Stats interesting. People on board blamed Brady moronic.

Edelman was just 5 of 13 against the Falcons. So we are to ignore the 8 non-connections, I guess? None of those were "clutch" enough to count?
See, here's the problem. When you get to define "clutch" however the hell you want, you get to determine who is "clutch".

Prepare for the following volley:
Tap Dancing
Goal Post Moving
Red Herrings
Strawmen

Welker had bad luck he played with some ****ty DBs on teams. If we had Gilmore, Revis and company he could have easily been part of a SB team that scores 10 points in the SB and wins. He was also apart of the 1 Brady less season and 1 freak play in the other SB.

He simply had a lot of bad luck. But individually he is far better than Edelman.
I’ll give you that. I also but blame on Brady as well for the Welker pass in the Super Bowl. Pats were about to put that game out of reach. I bet you it still bothers Brady.

Yes, two bad ones for WWW.

JE has had some too.

I’d take either. Both. You can’t lose.

Wes is probably Super Bowl MVP for a 19-0 team if Samuel makes that pick. JE in his prime played for better teams.

Yet, JE had better stats against the Rams than WW did on that game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back