PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long as he’s in shape, can run sharp routes, can get open and help us win a championship......... I don’t care. I am not going to be friends with him. All the sweeter if he comes almost free.
That’s fine, but you don’t make the decisions. Pats released him and have moved on. If Brady and Brown are a packaged deal, Kraft may move on from Brady.

Man, what are some of you going to say if Tom Brady goes to some team with huge assets and cap space like the Dolphins and builds an offense around Antonio Brown? Dolphins could probably trade for OBJ (another “diva” who wants to play for Brady and get the hll out of Dodge) , bring Amendola back on the cheap, trade for a good tight end (maybe for one who will unretire for a more laid back south beach atmosphere), and they have Devante Parker. They’d still have cap space and assets to build out that offensive line. They played good ball last year in the second half of the year and have all those Pats former coaches.

Though I’d hate so see it happen, I think it would be funny to see Brady and AB reunite just to get the reactions of so many people in this thread.

Man, what are some of you going to say if Tom Brady goes to some team with huge assets and cap space like the Dolphins and builds an offense around Antonio Brown?

I don't know about anyone else but I'm gonna say any team that builds it's offense around AB has a house with sand for it's foundation. And after all TB12 has done for us I'd hate to see that be his fate but if that's what he chooses then by all means vaya con Dios and thanks for the memories, I'll be there when you come back here for your number retirement.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm gonna say any team that builds it's offense around AB has a house with sand for it's foundation. And after all TB12 has done for us I'd hate to see that be his fate but if that's what he chooses then by all means vaya con Dios and thanks for the memories, I'll be there when you come back here for your number retirement.

I doubt he actually leaves NE.

But if he does, I imagine he’s going to try to build some kind of super team like that the way an NBA player might. It would be funny because you know there will be 30 fanbases with absolutely seething hatred for that team, 1 fanbase that gets the “dream team” (which could end up flopping but will more likely be a contender), and 1 fanbase that is kind of just watching and grinning in amusement (the latter is us.)

If AB suspended 8 games next year I still take him. He will command no more than the vet minimum Highway robbery take that than sign Hunter Henry bam we have a top 10 offense

Man, what are some of you going to say if Tom Brady goes to some team with huge assets and cap space like the Dolphins and builds an offense around Antonio Brown? Dolphins could probably trade for OBJ (another “diva” who wants to play for Brady and get the hll out of Dodge) , bring Amendola back on the cheap, trade for a good tight end (maybe for one who will unretire for a more laid back south beach atmosphere), and they have Devante Parker. They’d still have cap space and assets to build out that offensive line. They played good ball last year in the second half of the year and have all those Pats former coaches.

Though I’d hate so see it happen, I think it would be funny to see Brady and AB reunite just to get the reactions of so many people in this thread.
That’s not a bad theory. I’m 99.9% sure this board will self destruct if Brady leaves, especially for a division rival.

If the Pats twiddle their thumbs when free agency begins, TEN or MIA could be his next destination.

I doubt he actually leaves NE.

But if he does, I imagine he’s going to try to build some kind of super team like that the way an NBA player might. It would be funny because you know there will be 30 fanbases with absolutely seething hatred for that team, 1 fanbase that gets the “dream team” (which could end up flopping but will more likely be a contender), and 1 fanbase that is kind of just watching and grinning in amusement (the latter is us.)

....because that's how it works in the NFL.......:rolleyes:

Anyway, no matter how much we all seethed at Adam Humphries last year, I'm guessing most WRs (especially after the 2019 season) are not exactly looking to take salary discounts to play with the 43 year old Brady. I get it, though, alot of folks here wear the rose-colored glasses regarding Brady at 43.

....because that's how it works in the NFL.......:rolleyes:

Tom is a trend setter :cool:

Anyway, I don’t kiss up to power, so I’m not getting into an explanation, even though I could easily explain away a post that would appear to be unrealistic, borderline trolling.

But seriously, don’t sleep on Miami as a destination.

Sign him before he goes off the rails again, undoing the whole apologetic approach and doubling down again on his criticism. Could be any minute now.

If he stays in lane by draft just sign the dude to a vet min. He acts up so what release him but we’re not gonna get a top 5 or 10 WR for cheap besides him. K.Allen will cost a 1st, AJ Green would have to overpay, and OBJ will cost a 1st and more. Grabbing AB and Hunter Henry makes our offense elite again

AB: I've turned a corner. I'm apologizing to the NFL. I'm a brand new man.

Me: Shouldn't you show you've turned a corner by apologizing to all the women, children, and other people you have physically, verbally, sexually, and emotionally abused? Or are you just apologizing so you can get another job, keep that $$ rolling in, and stay relevant?

AB:...…………………………………………...I'm sorry, NFL.

If he stays in lane by draft just sign the dude to a vet min. He acts up so what release him but we’re not gonna get a top 5 or 10 WR for cheap besides him. K.Allen will cost a 1st, AJ Green would have to overpay, and OBJ will cost a 1st and more. Grabbing AB and Hunter Henry makes our offense elite again
A) He won't take a vet min contract, and B) even if he would, there will be someone out there (assuming he isn't suspended for the year) that will offer him the moon.

Sign him before he goes off the rails again, undoing the whole apologetic approach and doubling down again on his criticism. Could be any minute now.
We could give him the rotating door contract.
Be an NFL first ........

He's coming here for close to vet min, like 1 year for $2-3m with some escalators in their that can take it to $8-9m if he has 100 catches or 1000 yards etc. 1 year contract. Might want a cheap second year option as well if we can insert it.

Even the 1 year contract might be for vet min ($1m) + 200k per game to get to $3.2m for year. So we can dump during the year if need be.

We need to sign Brady first. He'll only come here for Tom.

Long as he’s in shape, can run sharp routes, can get open and help us win a championship......... I don’t care. I am not going to be friends with him. All the sweeter if he comes almost free.

I agree if he came here cheap and stayed out of trouble the whole time. Problem is, that's not gonna happen. If there's one thing AB has been consistently proving over the last several months it's that he is a very disturbed individual and can't be relied on.

AB is scared sh%^tless. He's seen how much power the courts have over you, even when you're innocent. He doesn't want to be chained. He's finally realized you do what the Man says or they make you disappear. He's begging for his life now. He'll kiss Goodell's ring, jack off Kraft, whatever it takes to get his freedom back.

AB is scared sh%^tless. He's seen how much power the courts have over you, even when you're innocent. He doesn't want to be chained. He's finally realized you do what the Man says or they make you disappear. He's begging for his life now. He'll kiss Goodell's ring, jack off Kraft, whatever it takes to get his freedom back.

If that happens, Kraft will think the relationship is serious between them.

Well be shocked then, TB approves.

Not everyone is as sanctimonious as the geniuses on this forum.

After seeing the nonstop self-destruction if you honestly think wanting to pass on this guy is nothing more than some sort of self-righteous morality crusade you are straight up not rational on this topic, my guy.

He's coming here for close to vet min, like 1 year for $2-3m with some escalators in their that can take it to $8-9m if he has 100 catches or 1000 yards etc. 1 year contract. Might want a cheap second year option as well if we can insert it.

Even the 1 year contract might be for vet min ($1m) + 200k per game to get to $3.2m for year. So we can dump during the year if need be.

We need to sign Brady first. He'll only come here for Tom.

“Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me 273 times, call me Biffins.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey