PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

If true... IF true... more vindication for cutting him when they did.

And I am NOT doing this to chum the waters.

...GIF notwithstanding. o_O

The ****ty thing is he's effectively already serving time.

Also, there is word if a team did sign him, he'd go on the Exempt List regardless.

Likely tied to this report here.

I think the guy is done in the league, to be honest. He went crazy after he got paid.

6 games ... on par with the ezewok elliot suspension

Hasn't he been serving a 10+ game suspension already? Just strange really. It's a shame he couldn't stop yapping on social media.

MORE AB THREADS!!!

AB should demand an itemized list of things they needed to do to complete this investigation. But, think he’s too busy trying to get his Bentley back

Hasn't he been serving a 10+ game suspension already? Just strange really. It's a shame he couldn't stop yapping on social media.
No. He was released and was free to sign with anyone.

Because he is under investigation and that would carry with it going on the exempt list (...and teams needing to pay him) is what most likely deterred GMs from signing him.

Can we also put the 'if Bob hadn't gotten a handy-J at a sex spa for sex hookers we could have kept AB' canard to bed now?

Even if Bob wasn't getting his pickle polished AB's behavior would have resulted in him being cut. He's done some wacko stuff.

That isn’t a big suspension. It’s exactly what you’d expect. If the Pats hadn’t released him the NFLPA would have demanded urgency and he would have been back from suspension now. This point has been made since the very day he was released. Kraft too busy running the film production dept to realize how foolish this all was. Way to save the franchise’s reputation, Bob.

No. He was released and was free to sign with anyone.

Because he is under investigation and that would carry with it going on the exempt list (...and teams needing to pay him) is what most likely deterred GMs from signing him.
Of course but because of the threat of exempt list the NFL has basically already suspended him without having to do so.

Of course but because of the threat of exempt list the NFL has basically already suspended him without having to do so.
What are you advocating? Make him eligible with time already served?

I don't care what they do because he won't be coming to NE, but seems he's served over 10 games is what I'm saying, yes.

I don't care what they do because he won't be coming to NE, but seems he's served over 10 games is what I'm saying, yes.
Doubt he can win that argument. I don’t know if legally the NFL has to conduct their investigation in a reasonable time. They kinda hit a grey area

If true... IF true... more vindication for cutting him when they did.

And I am NOT doing this to chum the waters.

...GIF notwithstanding. o_O

Your just stating the obvious truth. I said the day he got released that Goodell warned Kraft that he was a dead man walking. Kraft cut ties knowing that AB was toast and he could at least throw up a hail Mary and try and get his money back.

I do get all the posters that feel desperate and want AB back because they feel he is our best chance for another SB. It’s beyond whether you like him personally or not. The league has put out a hit on him and whether you like that or not nobody is going to touch him, and he will face a large suspension once a team pounces, or gets ready to pounce. Until a team shows interest the league has nobody forcing a decision except AB.

To those still holding out hope. He called out our Owner and a respected player (Chung) on Twitter.

Last edited:
The NFLPA should try to get something into the CBA to this effect, as doesn't what happened to AB (not that I'm advocating for that person) show that if all the owners "cooperate" (or if the Commish puts out the word that this guy is going on the exempt list if anyone signs him), a player can be de facto suspended without really being suspended, and still be suspended some more if anyone dares to sign him?

AB dug his own grave, and probably doesn't pay for (or listen to) good lawyers, but there's something stinky about how this was handled, and it seems like the "procedure" could be used again to really screw some lesser-troubled players who might be subject to a "lengthy investigation" while they are unsigned by any team...

You are assuming the reason he is not playing is because of the threat of going on Goody's exempt list. We believe it to be true but it is not fact.

It could also be that because he shot his way out of OAK, PITT, shot himself in NE and has been a complete wack-job no one wants him bad enough.

AB dug his own grave

This. He had a huge deal with Oakland... which he blew up. Then the Pats. He's not effectively under suspension now. He's effectively...

source.gif

...radioactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes