PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another year with Amendola: WR signs reduced contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
WR roster cut downs will be interesting to see, if/when anyone flashes a lot of potential during training camp.

Cooks
Edelman
Mitchell
Hogan
Amendola
Slater

The # of WR on the final roster has been 6 each of the last 3 seasons. There are 6 guys listed above - any cuts likely? Who's your first cut?

Welcome back Danny!!

It's always good to have veteran depth. Danny has made some clutch catches in the past, Brady has a comfort and rapport with him and knows the guy will be in the right spot. And you can't count on all your WRs to be healthy all the time. So I'm very happy to hear that he's coming back!

Pats are just super stacked at WR.
If anything, I feel this means it is unlikely that Floyd returns. But that's ok.
We didn't give up anything to get Floyd in the first place.

Looks like about $4M savings as he was scheduled for $6M and sounds like he'll get about $2M.

WR roster cut downs will be interesting to see, if/when anyone flashes a lot of potential during training camp.

Cooks
Edelman
Mitchell
Hogan
Amendola
Slater

The # of WR on the final roster has been 6 each of the last 3 seasons. There are 6 guys listed above - any cuts likely? Who's your first cut?

Its so ridiculous seeing that list of receivers, and then reminding myself that we have Gronk ROFL

Extremely happy about this. He is so clutch in the playoffs, Brady seems to trust him big time. WR depth on this team is filthy.

Regardless of how much he was due to make vs. production, it says a lot about his character and how much he loves playing for the Pats to take a pay cut 3 consecutive years.
Also says he saw the market and was unlikely to make more $ elsewhere.

Looks like about $4M savings as he was scheduled for $6M and sounds like he'll get about $2M.

I wonder what they could do with 4m. Give it to a RB perhaps. Great to have Danny for another playoff run.

Was a forgone conclusion, but wow. Guy took a $4 mill pay cut to stay a Patriot. Nothing but respect for Dola.

One of the most clutch playoff performers this team has ever seen. Will go down as a legendary New England Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes