PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Tom Brady "Man in the arena" trailer

If you think about the "why" behind both Spygate and DG, it is pretty obvious that the other owners were getting pretty PO'd at the hubris of Kraft/Bill. On top, Bill has a terrible relationship with the league and media which really, really hurt us in both fiascos IMO. In reading the excerpts from Wickersham's book, it is pretty much universally agreed by everyone, including Kraft himself that Bill is a royal A-hole. We read that and chuckle and say but he's our A-hole and he wins but that perception plays much differently with the other owners and the media and that has cost us and Brady too.

We rail against Felger and Mazz for rooting for Bill to fail and other media nitwits but do you blame them? Never has there been a coach with more hubris "I won't even bother to answer your question because your dumb" then Bill. So much of the animosity toward the guy has been created by him. I have often said this to friends but the last 20 years should have been the biggest joy ride of our lives as fans but Bill was always up there dour and serious "on to the next game", "on to the next season" that it took so much fun out of it. Watching Tampa and its fans and coaches and mgmt really celebrate the heck out of their championship and seeing Tom get drunk on his boat and playfully toss the Lombardi to his TE, made me wonder why we could not enjoy our success more and that was really due to Bill and this culture.

I mean there is no question that what Bill is doing is successful but it has big costs too.
Bill's a great HC but he's still just a coach and needs good players to win. There's no way that the defense he designed for the Giants would have been as successful without LT and a few others.

Luckily for us Pats fans, Bill ended up with Brady, which was a match made in football heaven. Bill the authoritarian gets Tom, a kid with tremendous drive, a huge brain and an unmatched respect for authority.

And off they went.

A lot of the people that didnt like him still dont, because he wins too much.
Half the "hate" Brady gets from the likes of Rob Parker and Nick Wright is just to get a rise out of Pats fans. Wright is now doing the same thing with Mac Jones.

Half the "hate" Brady gets from the likes of Rob Parker and Nick Wright is just to get a rise out of Pats fans. Wright is now doing the same thing with Mac Jones.

It's because he doesn't like NE. He has said this many times. His hate is making him look like a fool.

It's because he doesn't like NE. He has said this many times. His hate is making him look like a fool.
Wright?

I like the doc so far. The only thing I didn't know or don't remember was that Brady admitted being intimidated in the AFCCG vs Pitt
Brady probably heard from the Pats' veterans about Pitt's dirty play.

I wonder if Alex Reimer has any opinions on the series. ;)

Yes, Wright. Parker says he has nothing against NE/Brady but then shows his hate on a daily basis. It is no secret that FS1 brings him to Skip Bayless' show whenever NE loses a big game, since he brings ratings and clicks.

Reactions: sb1
Yes, Wright. Parker says he has nothing against NE/Brady but then shows his hate on a daily basis. It is no secret that FS1 brings him to Skip Bayless' show whenever NE loses a big game, since he brings ratings and clicks.
Not surprising. I think half the things Wright says is his gimmick on the show but he's a Patriots hater for sure. He kept calling us cheaters and chirping at us missing the playoffs last year. Die hard Chiefs fan which probably has a lot to do with it. Same as Warren Sharp he hates the Pats too and he's a die hard Miami fan.

Who knows if Parker really believes what he says half the time.

Watching the latest one where Tom is discussing the drafting of Garoppolo and how he had just built his house in Brookline and Bill's comments and it seems like that might be the very beginning of the cracks in the foundation.

Michael Felger is no more of a complete moron than anyone else in the legion who will always believe DefameGate had any substance, like Bill Nye the Seahawks Guy, who has since had zero professional credibility

Not surprising. I think half the things Wright says is his gimmick on the show but he's a Patriots hater for sure. He kept calling us cheaters and chirping at us missing the playoffs last year. Die hard Chiefs fan which probably has a lot to do with it. Same as Warren Sharp he hates the Pats too and he's a die hard Miami fan.

Who knows if Parker really believes what he says half the time.
Most of the things the media does is a gimmick. The worst one is Skip and Shannon. I mean hundreds of shows and they always have a complete opposite point of view? Yeah right, its a show. In fact the media anymore is not about reporting news, its about hot takes. Say something over the top so you will get clicks. The media is a joke at this point and the shows are worse.

Hadn't heard this before:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back