PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Tom Brady "Man in the arena" trailer

Welcome to professional athletes. Of all the things to be upset about with an athlete is that they are exposing themselves. lol. Anyway, having a guy who is constantly hounded to let out his secrets and feelings. Yeah this is something people would want and you have the option of not watching.

I wasn't referencing the new docu-series specifically (which I definitely plan to watch if I can), but the ubiquitous commercialization of all things TB, which is reaching the Peyton Manning stratosphere. I don't find it "upsetting," just annoying.

I wasn't referencing the new docu-series specifically (which I definitely plan to watch if I can), but the ubiquitous commercialization of all things TB, which is reaching the Peyton Manning stratosphere. I don't find it "upsetting" at all, just annoying.

I don’t love it either, but it’s been this way for a while now. I think it has been good for Tom’s image around the country to shed his image of a elitist snob and he’s obviously pocketing some change. But in general, I pretty much hate overexposure for every athlete too. He didn’t used to do this stuff, now he does, I liked it better when he didn’t, but it also doesn’t mean the guy has changed into some soul selling Hollywood guy either.

Yeah, I agree. The docu-series and things like that are great.

Look at what you just wrote. Lol
You say he is the greatest of all time and then shagrin at him cultivating a public image in today's social media driven society?

They're two different things. Like I said, I'm sure the docu-series will be great and I plan to watch it. It's the overtly commercial/self-promotional bandwagon he's on that's been a bit much overall.

I find it fascinating how Brady used to have 75% of the country hating on him and now most people that used to hate him, like him. Now, most of the hate comes from Pats fans. They should do a psychological study on that sh!t. What does it mean? Is there something in the minds of Pats fans that is different than those of other people or are Pats fans just like the Jete fans? I wonder.

I find it fascinating how Brady used to have 75% of the country hating on him and now most people that used to hate him, like him. Now, most of the hate comes from Pats fans. They should do a psychological study on that sh!t. What does it mean? Is there something in the minds of Pats fans that is different than those of other people or are Pats fans just like the Jete fans? I wonder.
My guess it is because he won in year one without Bill. Typical fandom in my opinion. You only want players to succeed when they play for you. Although I do think Boston is unique as we seem to hate our former players more than other fanbases.

I think it's Brady PTSD. Hopefully Mac cures it. He's on a great path, so there's hope.

Just watched episode 1 featuring Brady, McGinest, and Bledsoe. Very well done and enjoyable to watch. It'll give you goose bumps. Gotham Chopra has really outdone himself.

Just watched episode 1 featuring Brady, McGinest, and Bledsoe. Very well done and enjoyable to watch. It'll give you goose bumps.
Where can you watch it?

I don't hate Brady. He's the GOAT. :) I didn't like that promo... it seemed very egocentric. I am hopeful that it does not represent the series itself.

I don't hate Brady. He's the GOAT. :) I didn't like that promo... it seemed very egocentric. I am hopeful that it does not represent the series itself.
I doubt it does but I do agree he's everywhere lately and it's enough. More power to him but I don't click on lots of the stuff.

Just watched episode 1 featuring Brady, McGinest, and Bledsoe. Very well done and enjoyable to watch. It'll give you goose bumps. Gotham Chopra has really outdone himself.
Definitely good. Amazing how storybook that 01 season was. It would be too cheesy if it was actually written.

I didn’t like it at all. In fact, I hated it.

Basically it was America’s Game or the same thing I‘ve seen numerous times. Too much time spent filling in the common fan about the known facts, results, scores, plays, etc. I was hoping to get something really different, like more personal anecdotes about the amount of pressure, fame, and the emotions, as I thought it would be more like Tom vs Time but with more football and less personal stuff.

Also, this particular one was annoying with the Bledsoe eggshell walking. It was basically a fluff piece. The reality is Bledsoe, after starting hot, sucked for most of the AFCCG, and by the end of the game about 90% of New Englanders knew Brady was the right choice if healthy. What wasn’t mentioned was the 5-11 record in 2000, 0-2 in 2001, and Bledsoe averaging 7 ppg less than Brady.

McGinest came across as kind of unprepared, trying to recall basic things. And frankly, I think he just further pushed the Bledsoe narrative as shocking when it wasn’t. McGinest added very little. This is the chance to really say what you want, as it’s not some league or team production, and we get a bunch of filler, vanilla comments?

I think Tom’s own fake modesty gets in the way of an authentic story. Another example: the “aww shucks” stuff about supposedly never thinking he had any chance to be starter. This has already been contradicted by people who know him; he told everyone he was going to be great, and he told them he would win the starting job when Bledsoe got hurt.

I probably won’t watch another one of these. I was hoping to see a guy with a chip on his shoulder, talking about what he really thinks and the insane self-confidence, dedication and preparation. Instead, this is just an NFL Yearbook style production apparently aimed at portraying Tom as the guy next door.

If I were just an NFL fan without much knowledge of Brady and the Patriots, I would like it more. But again, there are similar productions out there.

Last edited:
Tom can do whatever tf he wants and it won't take away from the 6 rings he helped the Pats win. He'd have to do much worse than come across poorly in a video to change that.

Some people just stay too long at the party.

Tom, time to go home.

I didn’t like it at all. In fact, I hated it.

Basically it was America’s Game or the same thing I‘ve seen numerous times. Too much time spent filling in the common fan about the known facts, results, scores, plays, etc. I was hoping to get something really different, like more personal anecdotes about the amount of pressure, fame, and the emotions, as I thought it would be more like Tom vs Time but with more football and less personal stuff.

Also, this particular one was annoying with the Bledsoe eggshell walking. It was basically a fluff piece. The reality is Bledsoe, after starting hot, sucked for most of the AFCCG, and by the end of the game about 90% of New Englanders knew Brady was the right choice if healthy. What wasn’t mentioned was the 5-11 record in 2000, 0-2 in 2001, and Bledsoe averaging 7 ppg less than Brady.

McGinest came across as kind of unprepared, trying to recall basic things. And frankly, I think he just further pushed the Bledsoe narrative as shocking when it wasn’t. McGinest added very little. This is the chance to really say what you want, as it’s not some league or team production, and we get a bunch of filler, vanilla comments?

I think Tom’s own fake modesty gets in the way of an authentic story. Another example: the “aww shucks” stuff about supposedly never thinking he had any chance to be starter. This has already been contradicted by people who know him; he told everyone he was going to be great, and he told them he would win the starting job when Bledsoe got hurt.

I probably won’t watch another one of these. I was hoping to see a guy with a chip on his shoulder, talking about what he really thinks and the insane self-confidence, dedication and preparation. Instead, this is just an NFL Yearbook style production apparently aimed at portraying Tom as the guy next door.

If I were just an NFL fan without much knowledge of Brady and the Patriots, I would like it more. But again, there are similar productions out there.

I personally liked the America's Game stuff. You knew the documentary was going to be pro-Brady because Chopra was doing it. Therefore, you're not going to get anything raw like you saw with "The Last Dance." The SB 36 memories were good. You'll probably get less fluffy stuff as the series progresses, like the one on SB 42 or 52 which is going to have a lot more drama and intrigue.

I personally liked the America's Game stuff. You knew the documentary was going to be pro-Brady because Chopra was doing it. Therefore, you're not going to get anything raw like you saw with "The Last Dance." The SB 36 memories were good. You'll probably get less fluffy stuff as the series progresses, like the one on SB 42 or 52 which is going to have a lot more drama and intrigue.
The last dance was pro Jordan. I sort of agree with him with the Bledsoe stuff and how it was way overly sensitive to him. It was a fluff piece in that regard and Brady was being too nice. I hope it's 2 different players each episode and that Bill sits in for one of them.

The last dance was pro Jordan. I sort of agree with him with the Bledsoe stuff and how it was way overly sensitive to him. It was a fluff piece in that regard and Brady was being too nice. I hope it's 2 different players each episode and that Bill sits in for one of them.

I only saw one episode of the Last Dance but it at least seemed to paint the Bulls GM in a bad light, whereas last night's Man in the Arena was all positive Patriots stuff. You saw nothing about any tension between the players and Belichick, etc. The only villains seemed to be the Rams who were talking trash after the regular season game in 2001. It was fluffy, but Brady would not sit down and do a negative piece on either him or the Patriots.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back