PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Raven earns his wings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratbirds fans are rejoicing. They absolutely hated him. We should sign the beast and try to turn him into a star. That will really rub the ratbirds fans the wrong way!:D

Was it real or synthetic?
I'm not sure that possession of synthetic weed would even net one a charge in most states, would it? I'm pretty sure that kids are ordering it off the back pages of "High Times" magazine and through local five and dime convenience stores.

FWIW--I believe that Elam had over a quarter pound, almost five ounces. He also had what they referred to as "3 grams" of Oxycodone, which is the active ingredient in Percocet/OxyContin.

Edit: Here is a super informative article that I found on the subject. Seems like they're continuously changing up their chemical makeup and packaging in an attempt to beat the technicalities of the law, which has made some of the active ingredients illegal in some states. Here in PA, what's known as "spice" is perfectly legal and is sold in many places as incense.

Everything You Wanted to Know About Synthetic Marijuana but Were Afraid to Ask

And this one will blow your mind: Is K2 illegal in Pennsylvania?

Last edited:
I'm not sure that possession of synthetic weed would even net one a charge in most states, would it? I'm pretty sure that kids are ordering it off the back pages of "High Times" magazine and through local five and dime convenience stores.

FWIW--I believe that Elam had over a quarter pound, almost five ounces. He also had what they referred to as "3 grams" of Oxycodone, which is the active ingredient in Percocet/OxyContin.

Edit: Here is a super informative article that I found on the subject. Seems like they're continuously changing up their chemical makeup and packaging in an attempt to beat the technicalities of the law, which has made some of the active ingredients illegal in some states. Here in PA, what's known as "spice" is perfectly legal and is sold in many places as incense.

Everything You Wanted to Know About Synthetic Marijuana but Were Afraid to Ask

And this one will blow your mind: Is K2 illegal in Pennsylvania?
Hey Supa. I was being facetious (Chandler Jones). I guess an 'Lol' was in order. My B. But thanks for the explanation anyway, my friend.

Too bad he didn't play for us. He wouldn't have been arrested (in MA at least)

Too bad he didn't play for us. He wouldn't have been arrested (in MA at least)
Isn't that way more weed than you can have? Cuz a plant can be more dangerous if you have x amount :rolleyes:.

Isn't that way more weed than you can have? Cuz a plant can be more dangerous if you have x amount :rolleyes:.

Well, it can. If you have a couple of ounces for personal use, that's one thing. If you have 2,000 lbs, you become a dealer/supplier...which is okay but then you have to have a licence to sell.

679c2b7dad4964b43e1643495ef0cd7f.jpg

FWIW--I believe that Elam had over a quarter pound, almost five ounces. He also had what they referred to as "3 grams" of Oxycodone, which is the active ingredient in Percocet/OxyContin

FWIW, the highest dose of oxycodone available in a percocet tablet is 10 milligrams, thus having 3 grams would equal 300 maximum-strength tablets. That is a DEALER amount, not a user amount.

I'll never forget the Sound FX of the Patriots vs Ravens divisional game in 2015 when Amendola scored a touchdown and Suggs got on Elam because he missed a tackle and Elam looked absolutely petrified of Suggs haha.

Right around the 2 minute mark. :D

FWIW, the highest dose of oxycodone available in a percocet tablet is 10 milligrams, thus having 3 grams would equal 300 maximum-strength tablets. That is a DEALER amount, not a user amount.
Of course. I still have to take a 5mg tab at night after my back surgery.

You usually don't see a measurement of weight with pills unless the accused has the raw form of active ingredient or the pills are broken down; otherwise, they'd have just said "300 ten mg pills."

Of course.

I still have to take a 5mg tab at night after my back surgery.

The Palm Beach Post article on Elam's arrest (he's local) says that they only found six oxy tablets, but lots of pot: Matt Elam’s NFL career may be in doubt following drug arrest

from the article:

According to an arrest report, Elam’s erratic and dangerous driving in a residential area near South Beach caught the attention of undercover police officers. The officers attempted to pull over Elam’s Range Rover, but he sped off before stopping after a few blocks, the report said.

When officers approached, they noticed “a big cloud of smoke” coming from the vehicle and a strong odor of marijuana.

During a search of the vehicle, a Gucci bag with Elam’s identification and more than four ounces of marijuana. Six oxycodone pills were inside a headphones pouch with $947, the report said.

Two other men were arrested with Elam, 25, including one who allegedly had a loaded weapon in his possession.

Elam is facing charges of possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of a controlled substance, and reckless driving.

Police had better never raid my house (lol). I've had back issues for years and have my own stash for when my back is acting up. I refuse to get surgery to date.
I never have taken my prescriptions for the entire time period they were prescribed for so I've build up a stash of Percocet, Oxy, Vicodins, Dilaudid, and other opioid and non-opioid remedies. I try to avoid them except in extreme pain so I've build up a mini drug store over the years (lol) because when I need them, I need them then. If the police come and raid my medicine cabinet though, I might be on the 6pm news.

Police had better never raid my house (lol). I've had back issues for years and have my own stash for when my back is acting up. I refuse to get surgery to date.
I never have taken my prescriptions for the entire time period they were prescribed for so I've build up a stash of Percocet, Oxy, Vicodins, Dilaudid, and other opioid and non-opioid remedies. I try to avoid them except in extreme pain so I've build up a mini drug store over the years (lol) because when I need them, I need them then. If the police come and raid my medicine cabinet though, I might be on the 6pm news.

Yeah I still have some oxy I never took, left over for pain after a hernia surgery. I once mentioned this (stupidly) on facebook. Within an hour I had a guy I didn't even know asking if he could have it "for a friend." Kind of scary, frankly. I was scared for a few weeks after that of being burglarized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes