PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another hilarious post from Fin Heaven...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and a lot of us were saying the same about Chad Jackson and he got injured and didnt play for most of the season. Not that CJ doesnt have lots of potential I still think he does but just because he is the 9th pick and was very good in College doesnt make him good in the NFL. Why dont you wait and see how he does? Welker is a proven good all around player in the NFL. Ginn is not proven yet.

By the way you also trashed Stallworth earlier because all he was was fast. And yet all you said about Ginn was that he is one of the fastest players in the NFL and 9th overall. I'll admit Booker and Chambers are both good recievers. Chambers had a great season in 2005 but he doesnt have reliable hands. Welker is a great ST player, has reliable hands and runs good routes. I bet he was a harder worker than any reciever on the Dolphins last year. He'll be a damn good slot reciever for us and I am sure he will be having his best games versus the Dolphins. :D

Plus I just loved it when Welker...5'9" absolutely layed out that Bills player on some ST play early last year. Hes very tough for a small guy.

Let me just saw I'm glad that you can put our differences behind and you didn't resort to any name calling, let's keep that way shall we?

I thought Chad Jackson was a very good player coming out and he still could be. You can't forecast injuries, it just happened; if Jackson ever gets on the field, he could be a great receiver. We don't know what we'll get out of Ginn, but I'd say the chances are good that he makes some huge plays and adds some much needed speed to our offense. Welker is a good player, I know that. I just dismiss it when some of you guys rave about how GREAT he is.

You're right about Chambers, had a great '05 but he struggles with his focus. I'm not a big Marty Booker fan, he could be traded before the year even starts. But he is reliable and a decent posession receiver, there just might not be room for him any more with the possible emergence of Derek Hagan.

I do remember that hit by Wes, it could've been considered bush, but it was a good hit nonetheless. No one's questioning his heart, he has more of that then anyone possibly in the league. You can understand my disliking for him though, he didn't exactly leave in a classy fashion.

Sorry bud, Gonzales the 32nd pick will be better, then an injured guy on the Fins.

Do you care to tell me why? My initial reaction is you don't really know much of what you're talking about, seeing as how you spelt Gonzalez's name wrong.

Let me just saw I'm glad that you can put our differences behind and you didn't resort to any name calling, let's keep that way shall we?

I thought Chad Jackson was a very good player coming out and he still could be. You can't forecast injuries, it just happened; if Jackson ever gets on the field, he could be a great receiver. We don't know what we'll get out of Ginn, but I'd say the chances are good that he makes some huge plays and adds some much needed speed to our offense. Welker is a good player, I know that. I just dismiss it when some of you guys rave about how GREAT he is.

You're right about Chambers, had a great '05 but he struggles with his focus. I'm not a big Marty Booker fan, he could be traded before the year even starts. But he is reliable and a decent posession receiver, there just might not be room for him any more with the possible emergence of Derek Hagan.

I do remember that hit by Wes, it could've been considered bush, but it was a good hit nonetheless. No one's questioning his heart, he has more of that then anyone possibly in the league. You can understand my disliking for him though, he didn't exactly leave in a classy fashion.
Maybe I'm missing something but what exactly did he do when he left? :confused:

Maybe I'm missing something but what exactly did he do when he left? :confused:

EDIT: Meh, there is no link to the direct quote, but I remember it pretty well.

He mentioned when he was playing for the Dolphins and we were playing the Pats, he would often look at the other sideline and wish he was there. He trashed our front office and said it was nice to be on a winner.

Now I know you probably think nothing of this, because essentially, he's right. But you have no place to go off like that. Leave with some class and thank the Dolphins for giving you that oppertunity to get that big contract.

Last edited:
Well its not like Welker was the only one who was fed up. JT & Holliday took some shots at Ginn...I didnt think that was necesary. And JT also said something about Green. He hasnt had too many positive things to say this offseason.

Do you care to tell me why? My initial reaction is you don't really know much of what you're talking about, seeing as how you spelt Gonzalez's name wrong.
wow way to make your case.:rolleyes: spelling ?is that the best you can do lol lol

Well its not like Welker was the only one who was fed up. JT & Holliday took some shots at Ginn...I didnt think that was necesary. And JT also said something about Green. He hasnt had too many positive things to say this offseason.

Yeah but JT and Holliday are still here trying to turn it around. They didn't play it coy then open there mouth once they left, they aren't afraid of saying something to the team they still played for. It's something different had Welker said it while he was here, but the guy's not a big time player and by no means should you ever feel that way during a game. How exactly was he able to focus on his job when he was busy thinking that and whining the whole game.

Sorry about that, everyone misspells something every once in a while. :D

But I think Ginn has a lot of potential, but as a rookie with an unsure situation at QB, it makes it harder to succeed. He is a better receiver than Gonzalez, but coming into the NFL, it is much easier to succeed with Manning than an old Green, or a rookie.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, everyone mispells misspells something every once in a while. :D

But I think Ginn has a lot of potential, but as a rookie with an unsure situation at QB, it makes it harder to succeed. He is a better receiver than Gonzalez, but coming into the NFL, it is much easier to succeed with Manning than an old Green, or a rookie.

Okay, fair point, I can roll with that. Of course, I disagree that Gonzalez will be a better player but he certainly can play a Brandon Stokley role with Manning in Indy.

Okay, fair point, I can roll with that. Of course, I disagree that Gonzalez will be a better player but he certainly can play a Brandon Stokley role with Manning in Indy.

Well I meant that he would be better, I think Ginn has good speed and could develop into a good player. The thing is, when you send a player into the best offense in the league, of course he is going to play to his potential. When you send a player into a developing offense, it changes things. I think Ginn will have a bigger impact, but it will not show in numbers. The Colts would have been fine without Gonzalez, but Miami has many things to address when it comes to their offense. They needed a QB, and they got one, but in my opinion, he will not be a great player THIS year.

But it sounds like Miami's FO is going through a rough patch this off-season, with the Welker comments I read about above in the thread, same with Taylor.

Well I meant that he would be better, I think Ginn has good speed and could develop into a good player. The thing is, when you send a player into the best offense in the league, of course he is going to play to his potential. When you send a player into a developing offense, it changes things. I think Ginn will have a bigger impact, but it will not show in numbers. The Colts would have been fine without Gonzalez, but Miami has many things to address when it comes to their offense. They needed a QB, and they got one, but in my opinion, he will not be a great player THIS year.

But it sounds like Miami's FO is going through a rough patch this off-season, with the Welker comments I read about above in the thread, same with Taylor.

You're right about system, that has a lot to do with a player's development, but I'll still take Ginn over Gonzalez. Remember that Ginn was ahead of him on the OSU depth chart, I know that's college, but Ginn is the better player right now. Every time he touches the football, there's a chance he's going to score.

As for the Miami front office, say all you want about them making poor moves and planning for the future. But what kind of FO builds for the future by signing Joey Porter to a big deal, and a 37 year old QB on the back 9 of his career? They think they can win now, and why not? The defense is rock solid and there is talent on offense, we just need solid consistant QB play, and good protection, and our offense will be a good one. Of course, like any team, there are question marks. The possibility of having it all blow up is there, at that point we could be 5-11. I highly doubt that happens, but then again, if everything works out like it did for the Saints last year, we could be 12-4. Again, I doubt that happens, so I pick somewhere in the middle. But again, I would be suprised if we went 5-11 and I wouldn't be suprised if we were 12-4.

, I would be suprised if we went 5-11 and I wouldn't be suprised if we were 12-4.
i would be surprised if you ever had anything intelligent to say about football.your nothing but a brain dead hypocrite homer who doesnt honor lost bets then lies about it .im 100 percent sure.:D

Why don't you try to say something constructive for once? There's a first time for everything ya' know? This thread was actully turning into good football banter until you came along and hijacked it again. Don't respond to this, I'm not going to respond if you do, I'm going to attempt to maintain a football conversation with BB Dynasty and Kdo if he wishes to continue that.

You're right about system, that has a lot to do with a player's development, but I'll still take Ginn over Gonzalez. Remember that Ginn was ahead of him on the OSU depth chart, I know that's college, but Ginn is the better player right now. Every time he touches the football, there's a chance he's going to score.

As for the Miami front office, say all you want about them making poor moves and planning for the future. But what kind of FO builds for the future by signing Joey Porter to a big deal, and a 37 year old QB on the back 9 of his career? They think they can win now, and why not? The defense is rock solid and there is talent on offense, we just need solid consistant QB play, and good protection, and our offense will be a good one. Of course, like any team, there are question marks. The possibility of having it all blow up is there, at that point we could be 5-11. I highly doubt that happens, but then again, if everything works out like it did for the Saints last year, we could be 12-4. Again, I doubt that happens, so I pick somewhere in the middle. But again, I would be suprised if we went 5-11 and I wouldn't be suprised if we were 12-4.
The Dolphins could end up having a solid season and I wouldnt say 8-8 is a stretch I just think anything above that would be a suprise. Not saying they cant have a good year. Anything can happen. You guys still have a lack of depth at CB. And the Phins offense isnt known to be very consistent.

Why don't you try to say something constructive for once? There's a first time for everything ya' know? This thread was actully turning into good football banter until you came along and hijacked it again. Don't respond to this, I'm not going to respond if you do, I'm going to attempt to maintain a football conversation with BB Dynasty and Kdo if he wishes to continue that.
Ive told you a million times .why would i or anybody waste there time talking to you about football.you dont know anything about football plus your a hypocrite and a liar lol talking football with you is a exercise in futility.

Last edited:

Personally, I think the Dolphins are going to be unpredictable this season. They could end up anywhere in the division. I don't see them being ahead of the patriots right now though.

I don't know what others think, but I think it is fair to compare our division to the Colt's division.

Patriots - Colts are very similar in previous years in terms of success during the season.

Jets - Jaguars are both sort of similar if you think about it, play-off contenders.

Titans - Miami each look like they could have a great record this season or horribly fail.

Houston - Bills well... you can figure that out.

Don't ask me why i made that comparison, just popped into my head for some reason.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the Dolphins are going to be unpredictable this season. They could end up anywhere in the division. I don't see them being ahead of the patriots right now though.

I don't know what others think, but I think it is fair to compare our division to the Colt's division.

Patriots - Colts are very similar in previous years in terms of success during the season.

Jets - Jaguars are both sort of similar if you think about it, play-off contenders.

Titans - Miami each look like they could have a great record this season or horribly fail.

Don't ask me why i made that comparison, just popped into my head for some reason.
Good comparisons but the Jets are better than the Jags. I hate the Jets maybe even more than the Dolphins. They arent that good but I think that they'll be consistent with Mangina as their coach. The Pats will continue to kill them though. :D

The Dolphins could end up having a solid season and I wouldnt say 8-8 is a stretch I just think anything above that would be a suprise. Not saying they cant have a good year. Anything can happen. You guys still have a lack of depth at CB. And the Phins offense isnt known to be very consistent.

You're absolutely right dude. I think 8-8 is a safe prediction while going either way may be pushing it a bit. I still have expectations of 9-7 or possibly 10-6 should everything come together. Lack of depth at corner? Bro, I'm concerned about our starting corners, we are weak there. I like Will Allen's speed and ability to play the run, but the dude needs to air coverage work. Travis Daniels was good in '05, but was killed by an injury last year, if he comes back and has progressed, we'll be fine there. Jason Allen is a bust as of now, he won't start, again. Andre Goodman is just another guy.

Our offense is inconsistant, correct there. But, if things come together, the pieces are there. Green has been a solid QB his whole career, if the injury is a thing of the past, he'll be fine. Chambers, Brown, Booker all have a lot of talent, so do Hagan and Ginn (but we don't know what we'll get yet.) There are still if's there, but it can fall both ways IMO.

They could fall any where in the division and there's no way they are at the level of the Pats right now. The Fins have to prove it in order to be ranked up there, they have some nice names on paper, but they need to prove it on the grid iron, no argument there. I think we're easily ahead of the Bills, in the same neighborhood of the Jets, and easily behind the Pats.

I don't think your assesment of the Titans is correct. They've lost some huge pieces and added no one. Vince Young was over rated last year, period. 12 TDs 13 picks and efficency under 70. No Bennett, no Wade, no Henry, ouch!

Houston and Bills fair comparison, same with the Pats and Colts and I could agree with the Jags Jets comparison. I think the Jets run from last year is a little over rated. They remind me a ton of the 2005 Dolphins, steam rolled a cake walk schedule to end the year, the differnce is the Dolphins came up just shy vs. the Patriots early in the year, but the Jets got by the Pats. The Jags offense doesn't scare me at all. Leftwich is, meh, and the receivers are all underachievers.

I think the Patriots will split with the Dolphins next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News