PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another hilarious post from Fin Heaven...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Patriots will split with the Dolphins next season.

So I'm assuming you're giving the week 7 matchup in Miami to the Dolphins because despite the fact that I may be a Dolphins homer, I don't know that Miami can beat New England in Decemeber in Foxboro.

They could fall any where in the division and there's no way they are at the level of the Pats right now. The Fins have to prove it in order to be ranked up there, they have some nice names on paper, but they need to prove it on the grid iron, no argument there. I think we're easily ahead of the Bills, in the same neighborhood of the Jets, and easily behind the Pats.

I don't think your assesment of the Titans is correct. They've lost some huge pieces and added no one. Vince Young was over rated last year, period. 12 TDs 13 picks and efficency under 70. No Bennett, no Wade, no Henry, ouch!

Houston and Bills fair comparison, same with the Pats and Colts and I could agree with the Jags Jets comparison. I think the Jets run from last year is a little over rated. They remind me a ton of the 2005 Dolphins, steam rolled a cake walk schedule to end the year, the differnce is the Dolphins came up just shy vs. the Patriots early in the year, but the Jets got by the Pats. The Jags offense doesn't scare me at all. Leftwich is, meh, and the receivers are all underachievers.

I agree with the whole Vince Young overrated. He can run, but that is about it. His throws are never good, every catch a Titan WR makes is a lucky one. But the thing is, he did help them win, whether he played terrible (which he did) or not. The thing was, the media made it sound like putting VY into the game made all the difference, and that is what we will see this year.

But the Dolphins corners are the only problem that they really have on the defense that I can think of. Who are their safties? I am blanking on it.

I agree with the whole Vince Young overrated. He can run, but that is about it. His throws are never good, every catch a Titan WR makes is a lucky one. But the thing is, he did help them win, whether he played terrible (which he did) or not. The thing was, the media made it sound like putting VY into the game made all the difference, and that is what we will see this year.

But the Dolphins corners are the only problem that they really have on the defense that I can think of. Who are their safties? I am blanking on it.

I couldn't agree more about VY. He is raved about on the big shows like he's what Michael Vick never could be. I watch Young play and let me tell you, it's a good thing he can run like he does because he could read through a progression to save his life. Have you ever seen him check down? The guy is a new age Daunte Culpepper (except not as physically gifted.) If his first or maybe sometimes second read isn't there, he takes off. It'll catch up to him, he's going to have to throw the ball, and when he does, defenders will be ready to make plays.

As for our secondary, you're right. I'm worried about our corners, they may turn out fine but we are going to rely on our pass rush to compensate for poor corner play.

Our safties are really under rated in my opinion. Yeremiah Bell came in last year mid-season and really energized our defense. In his 8 starts he had 13 passes defensed, 3 forced fumbles and a recovery. He's easily our best play maker in the secondary, he needs to improve his coverage skills a little, but man, he can lay the wood. Renaldo Hill is just solid, that's all there is to say about him. He doesn't specifically excell at any one thing, he just does everything well. He lacks ball hawking skills but that's what Bell is there for.

So I'm assuming you're giving the week 7 matchup in Miami to the Dolphins because despite the fact that I may be a Dolphins homer, I don't know that Miami can beat New England in Decemeber in Foxboro.

Yeah it'll be in Miami.

I couldn't agree more about VY. He is raved about on the big shows like he's what Michael Vick never could be. I watch Young play and let me tell you, it's a good thing he can run like he does because he could read through a progression to save his life. Have you ever seen him check down? The guy is a new age Daunte Culpepper (except not as physically gifted.) If his first or maybe sometimes second read isn't there, he takes off. It'll catch up to him, he's going to have to throw the ball, and when he does, defenders will be ready to make plays.

As for our secondary, you're right. I'm worried about our corners, they may turn out fine but we are going to rely on our pass rush to compensate for poor corner play.

Our safties are really under rated in my opinion. Yeremiah Bell came in last year mid-season and really energized our defense. In his 8 starts he had 13 passes defensed, 3 forced fumbles and a recovery. He's easily our best play maker in the secondary, he needs to improve his coverage skills a little, but man, he can lay the wood. Renaldo Hill is just solid, that's all there is to say about him. He doesn't specifically excell at any one thing, he just does everything well. He lacks ball hawking skills but that's what Bell is there for.
VY may be slightly overrated but he had a very good year. His stats dont tell his story in 2006. He was at the helm of some terrific comebacks and the Titans won a bunch of games towards the end of the season. The Titans hadnt beaten the Colts since 2002. And with VY starting as QB the Titans not only won 1 game against the Colts but he almost won both games, losing by 1 point to the Colts in the first meeting. He was impressive in the clutch.

Last edited:
VY may be slightly overrated but he had a very good year. His stats dont tell his story in 2006. He was at the helm of some terrific comebacks and the Titans won a bunch of games towards the end of the season. The Titans hadnt beaten the Colts since 2002. And with VY starting as QB the Titans not only won 1 game against the Colts but he almost won both games, losing by 1 point to the Colts in the first meeting. He was impressive in the clutch.

Stats don't always tell the whole story, you're right, but they do give you a good indication of how that player is performing. He was responsible for some game winning drives and that game vs. the Colts was amazing. But I am more inclined to give credit to Travis Henry who was an under the radar back last year and Pacman Jones was making huge plays (the dude had 4 TDs.) Keith Bullock is a very under rated linebacker and was making big plays all over the field. I just think there are other players that made Vince look a lot better then his performances suggested.

It might have been the other players stepping it up to help VY. Not to mention outstanding play by pacman, and the RB was the main reason for the win against Indy in my opinion. The run defense was terrible and the teams that took advantage of that *cough* texans *cough* won. I remember one game, the kicker made a 60 yarder, and you could see in the replay, that if there had been any less wind, it would have been short, so that was luck.

Tell you what Aqua, you want to talk football without the insults and name calling; ok, I'll give it a shot.

Explain to me how you can realistically claim your team is "right there" with the Jets; they were 10-6 last year and a playoff team and they have a coach who is one of the young up and coming coaches in the league.

Please stop going back to the Dolphins of two years ago as proof of your point. That was an 8-7 team that beat the Patriots in Foxboro on the last day of the season after the Patriots pulled their starters to go 9-7. THAT said, the Patriots came within a "don't you dare complete that pass" two point conversion from forcing overtime.

You said in an earlier post in this thread the Dolphins are no where near the Patriots, you are going with anything from 12-4 to 5-11, and correct me if I'm wrong, but in your predictions for 2007, you said the Patriots are a 11-5 team, so if the Dolphins got 12-4, they would have a better record than the Patriots.

You are all over the map.

And stop comparing your team to the Saints, Jets, etc that had turnaround seasons, it's apples vs hand grenades.

If you want to be taken seriously around here, stop being a first rate, A#1 homer, you have no credibility when you keep doing it. Three starting quarterbacks in three years is not a good sign, especially since as you said, your projected starter is on the back nine of his career.

Explain to me how your team is right there with the Jets and you think they can go 12-4; I'm all ears.......................

It might have been the other players stepping it up to help VY. Not to mention outstanding play by pacman, and the RB was the main reason for the win against Indy in my opinion. The run defense was terrible and the teams that took advantage of that *cough* texans *cough* won. I remember one game, the kicker made a 60 yarder, and you could see in the replay, that if there had been any less wind, it would have been short, so that was luck.
Was it all Brady in some of his memorable game winning drives? Ofcourse not. Everybody was doing their part to make it happen. But the QB is the person who led the comeback. He orchestrated it. Just because VY didnt just lineup w/ just his offensive line and score doesnt mean he doesnt deserve a lot of credit for those comebacks.

Last edited:
Tell you what Aqua, you want to talk football without the insults and name calling; ok, I'll give it a shot.

Explain to me how you can realistically claim your team is "right there" with the Jets; they were 10-6 last year and a playoff team and they have a coach who is one of the young up and coming coaches in the league.

Please stop going back to the Dolphins of two years ago as proof of your point. That was an 8-7 team that beat the Patriots in Foxboro on the last day of the season after the Patriots pulled their starters to go 9-7. THAT said, the Patriots came within a "don't you dare complete that pass" two point conversion from forcing overtime.

You said in an earlier post in this thread the Dolphins are no where near the Patriots, you are going with anything from 12-4 to 5-11, and correct me if I'm wrong, but in your predictions for 2007, you said the Patriots are a 11-5 team, so if the Dolphins got 12-4, they would have a better record than the Patriots.

You are all over the map.

And stop comparing your team to the Saints, Jets, etc that had turnaround seasons, it's apples vs hand grenades.

If you want to be taken seriously around here, stop being a first rate, A#1 homer, you have no credibility when you keep doing it. Three starting quarterbacks in three years is not a good sign, especially since as you said, your projected starter is on the back nine of his career.

Explain to me how your team is right there with the Jets and you think they can go 12-4; I'm all ears.......................

Well you've taken things out of context so it's hard to really give you truthful answers. I've said countless times I think the Jets run was a little wattered down last year and that they were an 8-8 team that managed 10 wins. The Dolphins basically had me at QB last year and still won 6 games. (It's a joke, just saying our QBs were terrible.)

I said right now you can't compare the Dolphins to the Pats but like I said, pretty much any record for the Fins wouldn't suprise me.

Was it all Brady in some of his memorable game winning drives? Ofcourse not. Everybody was doing their part to make it happen. But the QB is the person who led the comeback. He orchestrated it. Just because VY didnt just lineup w/ just his offensive line and score doesnt mean he doesnt deserve a lot of credit for those comebacks.

Good point, but still, Young can 't even carry Brady's jock.

I guess you are right, and I agree, VY has played well in clutch, but I just get so annoyed when everyone talks about how great he is, when he hasn't started a full season yet.

I guess you are right, and I agree, VY has played well in clutch, but I just get so annoyed when everyone talks about how great he is, when he hasn't started a full season yet.

That's exactly what gripes me. Not to mention his numbers were just horrid. I know numbers aren't always important, but take away Henry, Wade and Bennett and those numbers become much more important. For crying out loud, Vince should've been about 50th on the list for the Madden cover.

That's exactly what gripes me. Not to mention his numbers were just horrid. I know numbers aren't always important, but take away Henry, Wade and Bennett and those numbers become much more important. For crying out loud, Vince should've been about 50th on the list for the Madden cover.

one of my friends is a huge Titan's fan, and huge VY supporter. Now he thinks that the madden curse will get Young, and I am just thinking to myself, I am not so sure that is going to be the only reason.

Not necesarily. EA isnt interested in putting the best player on the cover. If they did I would agree that VY should definitley not be on the cover. But the guy became the most popular player in College Football after he won the National Title.

Yea, I guess they go more for popularity sometimes than great players. Michael Vick, who i am guessing will never be on a cover again.

EA put Vince Young on the cover for the same reason they put Michael Vick on the cover of the 2004 game. He is the kind of player that the people who buy the game like. He is exciting to watch and that "make it up as you go along" kind of style is appealing and goes with the video game style of Madden. Madden is not meant to be the most realistic kind of football but it is supposed to be the most exciting, so the way Vince Young plays, while not ideal for the NFL, is how they want you to think of Madden play. And I also think Young appeals to young people (no pun intended) which are the primary consumers of the game.

one of my friends is a huge Titan's fan, and huge VY supporter. Now he thinks that the madden curse will get Young, and I am just thinking to myself, I am not so sure that is going to be the only reason.

I feel the same way with the curse. I think it'll be a performance curse rather then injury.

Kdo5 said:
Not necesarily. EA isnt interested in putting the best player on the cover. If they did I would agree that VY should definitley not be on the cover. But the guy became the most popular player in College Football after he won the National Title.

Excellent point. And Zippo touches on it that the type of people that buy the game like the style of game Vince plays. By no means am I trying to steriotype, but the majority of players I play on online Madden are African American, and they perfer flashy players such as Vick and Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes