PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another gem by Tom Curran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer. Definitely truth in that piece.

Delusional. I am just not that stupid. I can read right through what their angle was.

No Pats "staffer" is talking to ESPN risking their employment with the team. That's dead giveaway number 1.

Do you believe Hernandez "flew to the Combine to ask BB his advice about getting a flop house", too?

I mean, seriously. Get a clue.

How could you possibly know this outside of basic facts like Jimmy G was traded, and Tom Brady is on the team. None of the speculations that made it a story have any proof whatsoever, and several facts are probably false like BB's Goodell meeting.
the stories speak of multiple anonymous sources. Anonymous sources are valid even if you don't like it.

Common sense is the reason that it is obvious that is is at least some truth to the story. The teams "group" non-denial denial also leads credibility. You are being a homer. I am a homer when it comes to wanting to win. But let's not be naive about the other stuff.

How could you possibly know this outside of basic facts like Jimmy G was traded, and Tom Brady is on the team. None of the speculations that made it a story have any proof whatsoever, and several facts are probably false like BB's Goodell meeting.

He doesn't. He's probably a loyal Felger/Mazz listener, too.

The bottom line is, outside entities will jump through hoops to try to induce drama into the franchise, all jealous of how great BB is, keeping info and drama outside, keeping their eye on the prize like no other coach ever. So, they concoct the drama trying to sell it as something real.

Wickersham or whoever else, want to be some kind of a hero like Tomase tried to be.

the stories speak of multiple anonymous sources. Anonymous sources are valid even if you don't like it.

Common sense is the reason that it is obvious that is is at least some truth to the story. The teams "group" non-denial denial also leads credibility. You are being a homer. I am a homer when it comes to wanting to win. But let's not be naive about the other stuff.
So an anonymous source told him BB had a meeting with Goodell the week before. So either:

1. The source changed reality with that assertion or
2. The source isn't reliable.

So an anonymous source told him BB had a meeting with Goodell the week before. So either:

1. The source changed reality with that assertion or
2. The source isn't reliable.

What's comical, is how these media morons go for the jugular and try to spin something so outlandish, it would appear that it would have to mean there is an inside connection to have that kind of info. Or, they just completely making it up because they have been told to do so by a superior.

Hence, the "BB and Goodell met recently and are friends".....The fact we're supposed to take this seriously, is comical to me.

It's sort of like how I knew Manning's Guyer PEDs were a real thing. All the names listed in the report were very well known players, except for 1...Mike Neal. He was a fringe/reserve LB for GB. Why would anyone think his name would be worthy of a story.why would his name be listed if no one would really care about Such an insignificant player being named? We wouldn't. That's the tell.

But, in essence, that one name of a JAG like Mike Neal, also being a teammate of Clay Matthews, told me all I needed to know when that report was first released.

No Curran did exactly what I said on his podcast and in a few of his post-expose articles. In them he touted Wishersham's "professionalism" and the fact he works hard and had sources. I know at the same time Tom question (as we all did) a number of his more ridiculous premises, but he never came out and flat out said, this was BSPN hit piece design to create a firestorm over nothing and thus generate well needed interest toward BSPN.

Instead, Curran, to some extent, climbed on board that firestorm and an is still riding it as are most of the mediots, even as it dwindles down to the "well if there's smoke there MUST be fire." stage. Remember even though Deflategate was disproven over and over again, even some local guys, and most national guys, will agree, but add, "where there's smoke there must have been something going on". IIRC, I once heard Curran himself say something like, Brady wasn't totally innocent.

Florio consistently takes this take on deflategate. (and I paraphrase). "Clearly the NFL got deflategate wrong. They never proved CONCLUSIVELY that the Pats did anything wrong". See, he loudly IMPLIES that there was something going on, just that the NFL didn't "prove it". :rolleyes:

I see the same crap going on with this story. Sure there will be some who question one part of it or another, but no one will question whether the entire story was made out of pure speculation, and was put together SPECIFICALLY to put the Pats in a bad light and generate the benefits of "Patriot hate" and draw interest to their dying business.

You cannot deny that the SPECULATIVE narrative that Wickersham put out there is now being reported as fact in all the rebound stories other write. Christ, didn't some mediot speculate that it was Bill or one of his circle who gave Wickersham the "story" in order to light a fire under Brady? :rolleyes:

See what you've done, Luuked. This was supposed to be a quick response to your response, and you got me on a rant, and now I'm late for a lunch date. ;)

The problem with people nowadays is that there is no nuance anymore. I am sure that some of the things in Wickershams article are actually correct while others are exaggerated to the max or simply not true. Curran wrote the rational, non-sensationalized version of that very article about a week before ESPN posted their ****.

I listened to Currans podcast and at no point does he full agree with what was written by Seth.

The core of (both his and Seths) article that there is an uneasy feeling about where things are heading is true I doubt anyone has troubles accepting that. All three - Kraft, BB, TB - are closer to the end of their respective roads with the franchise than to the beginning.

Similarly, the fact that there most probably was a struggle and disagreement about JG inside the building between various parties (not limited to Kraft, BB and TB) is also not wrong. Just listen to what Mayo said on the most current QuickSlants about how JG was the baby of Josh and BB in terms of staying late and teaching him for years.

The difference between the two articles really is that Wickersham is trying to create a larger narrative about dysfunction and palace intrigue while Currans piece essentially is a sobering look ahead.

What I learned from this article was that apparently a lot of people hate Cooks?

Weird...

The problem with people nowadays is that there is no nuance anymore. I am sure that some of the things in Wickershams article are actually correct while others are exaggerated to the max or simply not true. Curran wrote the rational, non-sensationalized version of that very article about a week before ESPN posted their ****.

I listened to Currans podcast and at no point does he full agree with what was written by Seth.

The core of (both his and Seths) article that there is an uneasy feeling about where things are heading is true I doubt anyone has troubles accepting that. All three - Kraft, BB, TB - are closer to the end of their respective roads with the franchise than to the beginning.

Similarly, the fact that there most probably was a struggle and disagreement about JG inside the building between various parties (not limited to Kraft, BB and TB) is also not wrong. Just listen to what Mayo said on the most current QuickSlants about how JG was the baby of Josh and BB in terms of staying late and teaching him for years.

The difference between the two articles really is that Wickersham is trying to create a larger narrative about dysfunction and palace intrigue while Currans piece essentially is a sobering look ahead.

how is it sobering? bb could find a future qb he really likes in one of the next 2 drafts for all we know.

bb is being punished because jimmy graduated in 2014 as opposed to 2018. The entire premise is dumb. This is not news, really.

What would have been news is if bb cut or traded brady after this year and signed jimmyg to a 20 mil per year landmark deal.

how is it sobering? bb could find a future qb he really likes in one of the next 2 drafts for all we know.

bb is being punished because jimmy graduated in 2014 as opposed to 2018. The entire premise is dumb. This is not news, really.

What would have been news is if bb cut or traded brady after this year and signed jimmyg to a 20 mil per year landmark deal.

I dont understand your point.

So you think that BB and Josh investing thousands of hours to develop JG into the QB that has become and then giving him away never to see the pay off yourself is not sobering ?

Or the fact that the timer on Kraft, BB and Brady is ticking louder and louder ?

Whether we like it or not we have arrived in the endgame of the TB era.

All of this is pretty sobering if you ask me, but whateveer..

Last edited:
No Pats "staffer" is talking to ESPN risking their employment with the team. That's dead giveaway number 1.

This is just silly. Based on what we now know of the Dorito dink and McNally just because someone is employed by the Pats / Kraft it doesnt mean that that person has a positive opinion of everything Patriots and would not share some juicy things for kickback.

In fact, teams were so close to each other in quality, championships were decided depending on which teams secured Richard Dent and Prime-Time Sanders :)

Close, actually it was more Charles Haley and Sanders.

Whether we like it or not we have arrived in the the endgame of the TB era.

Depends on how we're defining "endgame", probably.

This is just silly. Based on what we now know of the Dorito dink and McNally just because someone is employed by the Pats / Kraft it doesnt mean that that person has a positive opinion of everything Patriots and would not share some juicy things for kickback.

Sorry, not buying it.

I dont understand your point.

So you think that BB and Josh investing thousands of hours to develop JG into the QB that has become and then giving him away never to see the pay off yourself is not sobering ?

Or the fact that the timer on Kraft, BB and Brady is ticking louder and louder ?

Whether we like it or not we have arrived in the the endgame of the TB era.

All of this is pretty sobering if you ask me, but whateveer..

I think it is a drama queen reaction. Again, it is a shame the timing is off but it doesn’t matter if brady can play another 2-3 seasons. There is still tims to find his successor.

Only in the anti-bb media world is he villified and mocked for developing an nfl ready qb, while 70% of the league can find only mediocre qbs or NO qb for decades.

With McDaniels reportedly heading to the Colts, I wonder if Amendola will be in Indianapolis next year.

As a player or as a coach? I doubt he leaves Brady and his pals Gronk and Edelman if he makes the team. But I could see Amendola as a receivers coach on Patricia's, Vrabel's, O'Brien's, McDaniel's, Belichick's or Kyle Shanahan's staff.

As a player or as a coach? I doubt he leaves Brady and his pals Gronk and Edelman if he makes the team. But I could see Amendola as a receivers coach on Patricia's, Vrabel's, O'Brien's, McDaniel's, Belichick's or Kyle Shanahan's staff.

Player

Only in the anti-bb media world is he villified and mocked for developing an nfl ready qb, while 70% of the league can find only mediocre qbs or NO qb for decades.

Exactly where was BB vilified ? He came off the best in any of the articles that were written in the last month ?

Exactly where was BB vilified ? He came off the best in any of the articles that were written in the last month ?

Did you just ask if the media villifies BB? LOL!!

It's been a moneymaking recipe now for over 10 years. Yes, instead of the media marveling at how BB is sitting on TWO Pro Bowl level QBs, while most franchises can't even find ONE, or never have found one (Jets, Browns, etc), he is mocked for trading JimmyG because he had to.

That is so messed up when you think about it. He's so great as a GM and coach, he's now mocked for that.

So, his approach in drafting and developing QBs, to be a back up or MAYBE be Brady's successor, has new been used against BB, when has should have been lauded for doing it AND saving 3-4 mil up against the cap every year for not needing to pay a veteran back up.

What's really genius on multiple levels, is either so beyond the rubes in the media (and some of our own fans who believe the media), or it's something else.......

It all matters, and this is either right over the media's head, which I don't believe......Or, they intentionally ignore these kinds of accurate angles in covering the team and BB's leadership.

With regards to Guerrero, again another case of them being phonies and stringing BB up, simply because BB was trying to accommodate Brady, where, as you can see, he probably shouldn't have, just to avoid an angle for ESPN and other trollish mediaheads to do what they just did in the press.

In a nutshell, BBB can't win. A Bud Grant said right after Spygate (paraphrasing): "It doesn't matter what Belichick does, as he'll be villified for it, regardless."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News