PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another gem by Tom Curran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom E may be flawed, but with Reiss, Holley and the Fatman,
it's about all we got.
Mz Felger and the Drama Queens are on ignore for me.
Try it you will like it.

Florio has a bit of an inner dirtbag, but he is a solid listen.
The bond for me, is after the 11outof12 ESPN story was revealed to be a lie,
Florio changed his mind.
Radically.

Spent this week mocking the spitsburp's squealing incompetency,
contrast and comparing to The BB Way of Things.

Man misses a tackle, with nobody behind him,
enabling the Miracle of Iceworld?
Does not happen on a BB team.

He did not say this is a benefit of the anti Patriot missile Rule change,
that did not apply in Seattle,
but reinforced Mr Belichick's emphasis on fundamentals.
Wrap Him Up.

Just tell me the damn rules.
Wait, did I have a point?
Oh yeah
The hatred Florio feels for the NFL for lying to him, and using him (his words) is fun.
As is the deep respect he has for the epic occurring before us.

Of course, yesterday. Perhaps its the legal training?
The inner ******* manifests again.

Griping jealously of Tom's Hair.
No joke.
How does a 40 yo guy get thicker, more flowing hair?

So, he is at least a comical *******? Yeah.
Up to the point he suggested Tom is dabbling in modern chemistry.

So you see, things could be worse.
Good part of this current laughable stupidity is the benefit to
the youngest Pats. Experience the hate, shake your head and look at
Tom, that genuinely great guy you now know
along with knowing the Pats org?

The hurt and disrespect become personal,
to the center of the soul
Fuel for the fire
Again

A firmly established Patriot Rite of Passage.
Think back now, to 2004.
Suggesting we would be here in 2018?
Ridiculous, I would bet nobody did.
It would have been insane, ill informed idiocy.

But here we are. Amidst an historic, epic, never to be repeated run.
One of a kind Good times.
Enjoy every second.

Its really the best revenge vs the armies of Spudge and Mz Felger.

Last edited:
Did you just ask if the media villifies BB? LOL!!

It's been a moneymaking recipe now for over 10 years. Yes, instead of the media marveling at how BB is sitting on TWO Pro Bowl level QBs, while most franchises can't even find ONE, or never have found one (Jets, Browns, etc), he is mocked for trading JimmyG because he had to.

That is so messed up when you think about it. He's so great as a GM and coach, he's now mocked for that.

So, his approach in drafting and developing QBs, to be a back up or MAYBE be Brady's successor, has new been used against BB, when has should have been lauded for doing it AND saving 3-4 mil up against the cap every year for not needing to pay a veteran back up.

What's really genius on multiple levels, is either so beyond the rubes in the media (and some of our own fans who believe the media), or it's something else.......

It all matters, and this is either right over the media's head, which I don't believe......Or, they intentionally ignore these kinds of accurate angles in covering the team and BB's leadership.

With regards to Guerrero, again another case of them being phonies and stringing BB up, simply because BB was trying to accommodate Brady, where, as you can see, he probably shouldn't have, just to avoid an angle for ESPN and other trollish mediaheads to do what they just did in the press.

In a nutshell, BBB can't win. A Bud Grant said right after Spygate (paraphrasing): "It doesn't matter what Belichick does, as he'll be villified for it, regardless."

Again I have no clue what you are on about. The entire conversation in this thread is about the Curran articles and by extension the Wickersham one. Show me where in those articles BB has been vilified.

I couldnt care less what happens outside of that context because this is not on topic.

Again I have no clue what you are on about. The entire conversation in this thread is about the Curran articles and by extension the Wickersham one. Show me where in those articles BB has been vilified.

I couldnt care less what happens outside of that context because this is not on topic.

Are you serious? The bottom line is, BB is the GM and had a right to do the best he could to break even and get a 2nd rd pick back from SF. It's not his fault 3-4 other NFC teams are morons and were not in on the bidding for JimmyG. Again, BB shouldn't be held responsible for other franchises' morontitude.

That's what I mean. Curran pumped the stupid drama queen angle as much as Wickersham did leading it.

Get it?

They're essentially making it seem like BB is throwing darts randomly at the board and that he is off his rocker, yet here we are in the 7th straight title game, an NFL record, which is incredible.

THAT is the story, as is masterful GM work, where this team had no business being 13-3. Any other team, and it's 9-7.

It's insulting to my intelligence, and yours, because I know what they're trying to do, which is to distract with arrogant speculation and conjured up rumors Wickersham passes off as "Pats staffers".

It's no different than the Tomase "SB walkthrough tape" that was easily debunked later on. It's a targeted distraction effort via the media, and quite frankly, it may be coming on orders from Goodell and the upper management folks at NBC, ESPN, etc as well, which forces a Tom Curran to do what he did in fear of being insubordinate.

There is not one educated Pats employee that will talk to ESPN. That's just a simple fact. There is no way after Spygate and Deflategate, where a Pats team employee would have a conversation or an email or text exchange with Seth Wickersham of ESPN. This is the same guy who wrote that fraudulent piece with Don Van Atta last year.

Now, that doesn't necessarily count Schefter using a trusted beatwriter like a Mike Reiss or whoever Schefter or maybe a Rapoport might use.

I am talking about some mid level employee going rogue and going behind BB/Kraft/Brady's back to cause trouble. Sorry, not buying it.

Curran has been one of my fave Pats writers since he was with the ProJo, he gets it.. and even though he got caught up in he Brady Infection stories several years ago.. he has redeemed himself over and over again...

Almost seems like some sort of preemptive strike at the local mediots who will if the Pats win the Superbowl discuss "tomato cans" and the quarterbacks of the teams they beat.. some will go as far and say that this Superbowl needs to have an asterisk after it..

It's crazy how Curran and a few other good reporters just to do it by reporting the truth and don't resort to making **** up.

Shank really sets it up as a no-lose for him, no-win for the Patriots. I mean, just think of this upcoming game.

The fact is, the Jaguars are really good and they beat Pittsburgh IN PITTSBURGH twice this year. They are a warm-weather team that went into 17 degree temps and sent the Steelers home for the season. They are tough, physical, and very fast. They absolutely can win next week in Foxboro.

But Shank calls them a tomato can. If the Pats win, it's not impressive because Jacksonville "sucks". Despite going 11-5. Despite winning two straight playoff games. Despite beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh twice. Despite boasting one of the most ferocious defenses in the NFL - the very kind of unit that can cause major problems for the Patriots. Despite having a Patriots nemesis in the organization (Coughlin).

Of course, if the Patriots LOSE, oh my goodness it will be an epic disaster, and Shank will make fun of them forever and ever and ever.

Shaughnessy is really the absolute worst and I cannot fathom why other media members (and there are plenty) hold him up as some paragon of sports journalism. He's a cranky, bitter man who happens to write about sports for a living, and he seems to hate the success that the Red Sox or Patriots have (especially the Patriots). He and Borges are just intolerable.

Well put. Shank has trouble distinguishing good teams from bad because he's not really a sports fan.

That's what I mean. Curran pumped the stupid drama queen angle as much as Wickersham did leading it.

No he didnt. That is unless you have never read a single piece by Curran. But whatever.

There is not one educated Pats employee that will talk to ESPN. That's just a simple fact.

No it isn't. This is just your assumption. Do you think the Pats employee is Kraft, Caserio, the scouts and the coaching staff ? Do you know how many people are working in the entire operation ?

I dont understand your paranoia about it all. We are slowly closing in on the final act and that has an existential effect on people inside the organization. All of this is natural and normal. That is what Curran reported on and this is how his piece completely differed from what Wickersham wrote.

No he didnt. That is unless you have never read a single piece by Curran. But whatever.

No it isn't. This is just your assumption. Do you think the Pats employee is Kraft, Caserio, the scouts and the coaching staff ? Do you know how many people are working in the entire operation ?

I dont understand your paranoia about it all. We are slowly closing in on the final act and that has an existential effect on people inside the organization. All of this is natural and normal. That is what Curran reported on and this is how his piece completely differed from what Wickersham wrote.

I am going to go out on a limb that it's a facts since I know ESPN lies. It's no different than us believing Jim McNally would lie to Bob Kraft, Brady, BB as a part time employee, with sideline seats for free, as he has a real career elsewhere. Why would he do that? Why would they all lie over something so dumb? See?

If you just use your head a little bit and read bewteen the lines, you can get the truth.

Wickersham also used "staffers" as a plural. So, it's not the chef at Gillette with the smart phone in the kitchen, with Don Van Natta. Nor, is it the janitor with an old desktop sending emails to Wickersham with inside info either. This isn't Clue.

I have all the clues I need and ESPN and Goodell are full of crap. 100%.

Sorry, again, not buying it. "Staffers" is a the dead giveaway. It's such a generic term. That's the tell. Wickersham can't get into trouble if he goes generic.

There are no rogue insiders for Seth Wickersham, hence why his speculation is so obvious, reading like a Ben Volin or Bedard arrogance piece, all ticked off that BB runs such a tight ship, making their job tough.

Wickersham is just an extension of a Breer, Bedard, or Volin, all 3 of whom were assigned the "weasel" role at the Globe at one time or another. Volin is probably the worst of them, however.

It's not normal and it's not natural. At all. It's downright creepy for them to intentionally conjure up stories that have no truth, where it be the truth about Spygate, deflating balls or this. None of it ever happened the way ESPN has relayed to the country.

I've never seen a commissioner be used as a conduit between other cheating owners, colluding and using a tv partner, to try to distract a successfull NHL, MLB and NBA team, to cheat them. No. Unless you can cite an example of which commissioner works like Goodell works, and which franchises ganged up on a successful one, you're sort of wrong here.

The media is so angry of BB's success and his lack of supposed respect in their direction, in conjunction with the LACK of drama the Pats have, this is their way of mocking BB and seeking revenge.

Been going on for about 10 years when the Globe shifted its model in 2009 to follow ESPN, ESPN Boston was formed, along with 98.5. They are all partners in this, beating the same drum for money.

Last edited:
"There are those who walk among us thinking the Patriots should do that. They are the ones who sit in their darkened dens watching black-and-white highlights of the Impossible Dream Red Sox, clutching a 1967 Red Sox pennant in one hand, a Narragansett in the other, face illuminated by the candles flickering from their shrine to Yaz."

Ahahahahahahahahahaha...right in CHB's face, baby.

Tom E may be flawed, but with Reiss, Holley and the Fatman,
it's about all we got.
Mz Felger and the Drama Queens are on ignore for me.
Try it you will like it.

Florio has a bit of an inner dirtbag, but he is a solid listen.
The bond for me, is after the 11outof12 ESPN story was revealed to be a lie,
Florio changed his mind.
Radically.

Spent this week mocking the spitsburp's squealing incompetency,
contrast and comparing to The BB Way of Things.

Man misses a tackle, with nobody behind him,
enabling the Miracle of Iceworld?
Does not happen on a BB team.

He did not say this is a benefit of the anti Patriot missile Rule change,
that did not apply in Seattle,
but reinforced Mr Belichick's emphasis on fundamentals.
Wrap Him Up.

Just tell me the damn rules.
Wait, did I have a point?
Oh yeah
The hatred Florio feels for the NFL for lying to him, and using him (his words) is fun.
As is the deep respect he has for the epic occurring before us.

Of course, yesterday. Perhaps its the legal training?
The inner ******* manifests again.

Griping jealously of Tom's Hair.
No joke.
How does a 40 yo guy get thicker, more flowing hair?

So, he is at least a comical *******? Yeah.
Up to the point he suggested Tom is dabbling in modern chemistry.

So you see, things could be worse.
Good part of this current laughable stupidity is the benefit to
the youngest Pats. Experience the hate, shake your head and look at
Tom, that genuinely great guy you now know
along with knowing the Pats org?

The hurt and disrespect become personal,
to the center of the soul
Fuel for the fire
Again

A firmly established Patriot Rite of Passage.
Think back now, to 2004.
Suggesting we would be here in 2018?
Ridiculous, I would bet nobody did.
It would have been insane, ill informed idiocy.

But here we are. Amidst an historic, epic, never to be repeated run.
One of a kind Good times.
Enjoy every second.

Its really the best revenge vs the armies of Spudge and Mz Felger.
That must be some spectacular s### you're burning...;)

After Brady had surgery to repair his ACL in 2008, Curran had a story that Brady was dealing with a serious infection in his knee that put his recovery significantly behind schedule. He also stated that the infection could lead to a second surgery, which would have wiped out Brady's 2009 season.

Curran was also on the deflategate hysteria bandwagon early on speculating on tv outside Gillette that we might have seen the last of Bellichick.

Last edited:
You cannot deny that the SPECULATIVE narrative that Wickersham put out there is now being reported as fact in all the rebound stories other write. Christ, didn't some mediot speculate that it was Bill or one of his circle who gave Wickersham the "story" in order to light a fire under Brady? :rolleyes:

This pretty much sums up what the media is today, which can no longer be considered Journalism by any stretch of the imagination.

Its a Fabrication Station, they create their own news... site unnamed/anonymous sources and then other media slime reference that story and start driving it down the viewer's throats as pure fact for months on end

This helps form the viewer/listener's opinion for them, and they repeat it as fact to other people they know, and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back