PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck Retires from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Gronk quit?
And just like luck he had good reasons.
That doesn’t mean it’s a COURAGEOUS, HONORABLE move.
It’s up to him and no one need criticize him, but it’s silly to go over the top praising it too.

I don't know. It's hard to walk away at any time and maybe he really was going to play, but he's had yet another set of medical setbacks. As someone pointed out in this thread, him spending the next two years on IR would have cost the Colts even more, so retire now, save your health, you and the team both bite the bullet, and you go from there.

I have the feeling that he told Irsay this 3-4 months ago and Irsay told him to wait until the last minute to make his decision, which ultimately makes Luck look like the bad guy. I hope Luck has a great life, seems like a really good guy to me, he just landed with the wrong franchise.

It’s up to him and no one need criticize him, but it’s silly to go over the top praising it too.

My bad, I forgot, that’s your call.

Uhh what? What Pats fans are you talking about? You mean like two out of thousands or millions of Pats fans?

No, he’s right, there are plenty of sh.t talkers who always know better, and the GDT is the place to find them.

Andy he could have played the system & made 500 million over the next 10 year's & played abt 10 games bc of all his injuries. LOL Dak just turned down 30+?? Luck would have crushed that.

He could have "sucked it up" got hurt week 3-4 & put his teammates in a worse position.

The guy has been in unrelenting pain for years. In part, not total, bc of how much of a clown show Indy was when he was in his early years.

Thread

Their not quitters Andy. It's an incredibly brutal sport. When you're done, you're done. They don't need validation from guys behind computers.

I have the feeling that he told Irsay this 3-4 months ago and Irsay told him to wait until the last minute to make his decision, which ultimately makes Luck look like the bad guy. I hope Luck has a great life, seems like a really good guy to me, he just landed with the wrong franchise.
Irsay is a rat. Who do you think leaked everything last night? Dude is a creature.

Andy he could have played the system & made 500 million over the next 10 year's & played abt 10 games bc of all his injuries. LOL Dak just turned down 30+?? Luck would have crushed that.

He could have "sucked it up" got hurt week 3-4 & put his teammates in a worse position.

The guy has been in unrelenting pain for years. In part, not total, bc of how much of a clown show Indy was when he was in his early years.

Thread

Their not quitters Andy. It's an incredibly brutal sport. When you're done, you're done. They don't need validation from guys behind computers.

Never, and I mean NEVER, has Andy Johnson quit on an argument he’s having in this forum. He gets to say who can retire honorably or not. He’s been in the GameDay Thread foxhole, and never so much as flinches. A backphone of steel.

No he didn’t, he retired. And he had every reason in the world to do so.
Having a reason doesn’t mean he didn’t quit. Quit is a fact not an opinion.

My bad, I forgot, that’s your call.
It’s my call to have an opinion that it’s silly to call luck retiring courageous. It’s your call to disagree. That is how that human thing about everyone is entitled to their own opinion works.

Thread

Quit is not judgmental. I understand they had reasons. They have every right to do so.
You are the one slamming a connotation into quit. Not me.
Do you think it was COURAGEOUS?

Would it be ok if we stop calling a 29 year old quitting his job and keeping 24 million he didn’t earn COURAGEOUS and HONORABLE?

Yes it’s his decision and he doesn’t have to answer to anyone but come on man.
I don't understand it either. It is some so sort of warped experience to me to see so many accolades going his way. I tend to question myself always to ensure I am not on the wrong side things and issues. On this issue, I am not wrong.
I can't say the job I do on here, but it is hard, really hard and there is no option to quit even if I convince myself it has taken a toll on me. Oh and the risk involved is way much more than football.
Courageous and honorable, soon those words will lose its true meaning.

Quit is not judgmental. I understand they had reasons. They have every right to do so.
You are the one slamming a connotation into quit. Not me.
Do you think it was COURAGEOUS?
Ray Lewis is a courageous hero.......who killed a guy

He quit. Period. The problem is people assume that is implying something negative about it.

Quitting smoking, quitting drinking, quitting jerking off in the bathroom stall at Burger King are all positive acts. So is quitting playing football when your body is beat up.

Doesn't make Luck a hero though. Just another person quitting something to better his life.

I don't understand it either. It is some so sort of warped experience to me to see so many accolades going his way. I tend to question myself always to ensure I am not on the wrong side things and issues. On this issue, I am not wrong.
I can't say the job I do on here, but it is hard, really hard and there is no option to quit even if I convince myself it has taken a toll on me. Oh and the risk involved is way much more than football.
Courageous and honorable, soon those words will lose its true meaning.
I understand what they are doing (those words came from Reich). They see some people questioning his heart. But they make the mistake of going overboard and imo as you say it screws up the message

Ray Lewis is a courageous hero.......who killed a guy
Exactly. He played football. Let’s have a little perspective.

No, he’s right, there are plenty of sh.t talkers who always know better, and the GDT is the place to find them.
The GDT should be taken with a grain of salt. I have said things like "If Ridley fumbles one more time I will eat my child" and not meant it

Never, and I mean NEVER, has Andy Johnson quit on an argument he’s having in this forum. He gets to say who can retire honorably or not. He’s been in the GameDay Thread foxhole, and never so much as flinches. A backphone of steel.
I literally walk away from arguments all the time.
I don’t get to say anything other than my opinion. In my opinion it is stupid to call it courageous.
I never participate in the game day thread debacle.

Having a reason doesn’t mean he didn’t quit. Quit is a fact not an opinion.

Retirement isn’t quitting, it’s deciding to move on. Luck practiced 3 times this year, and Irsay said he told Luck to put the final decision off as long as he could, Luck didn’t screw his teammates, Irsay did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back