PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec. 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

If you're a mod at one of the Jets boards why don't you moderate the filth that gets said about the Patriots/Patriots fans/Brady? Compared to what goes on at those boards, this conversation is extremely cordial.

I'll tell you what - feel free to pm me about anything you see that you find objectionable. There's Brady bashing for sure, but most of it is light stuff. If you see something you think crosses the line, I'll consider your thoughts.

Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

Of course I hate Brady...you don't hate Sanchez? That doesn't mean I don't respect him and think he's good, I just hate him, as every Jets fan should and does.

A few pages ago your fellow Patriots fans were saying how the team doesn't just rely on Brady because he has played poorly a few times this season and still won, so where am I wrong in saying that? He's still having an MVP Caliber year.

Wilson did do a solid job on Welker in the 2nd half, what's your point?

I think Wilson was a great pick. He was picked after McCourty...so nothing I can do about that. I think they will both eventually be great corners, McCourty obviously is in front by a huge margin now though and may stay that way....that still doesn't change my mind that I think Wilson was a good pick.

A lot of my posts are sarcastic and joking around over there, so don't take them all seriously.

I don't really see your point in dissecting some of my posts from another board, why is that relevant?

I will be back Tuesday to either gloat about the win or complain about the refs. (Kidding...but I will be back)

it's relevant because YOU put yourself out there as an unbiased Jet fan that "just wants to talk about the teams" and upon further investigation it turns out you are a seemingly rabid ,virulent Patriots hater like so many of your fanbase...except that you NOW explain and attempt to defuse your rancid Patriphobia with "aww shucks, I wuz just joshin' around and all...I didn't mean nothin' by it, ah swear..".

sorry...not buyin' it...hope you do show back up post game but if I were a betting man and the Pats win Monday, I'd say the odds of that are off the board.

So if Butler is 4th on the depth chart now, who replaced him and how will that replacement do against Edwards?

The Jets receiving core is better than the Steelers. Hines Ward is aged and Mike Wallace, while very good, can not make up for the rest of the receiving options the Jets present this season.
You don't even follow the New England Patriots to even make an educated assessment of the matchups. Just another ill-informed Jets fan beating his chest on the PatsFans message board.

Simply pathetic! Jamie Dukes! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So Rod Woodson is correct then? Because Rod Woodson said that both Dan Marino and John Elway are better than Tom Brady. This discussion came to light because of discussion regarding the top 100 NFL players of all time. I believe Marino was 25, Elway was 23, and Brady 21.

So I guess Rod Woodson was right about that too huh?

I did see the game vs the Lions. Calvin Johnson had 4 catches for 81 yards and a touchdown. I don't know if I'd call that a 'win' but he did to VERY well for a rookie. I am giving credit given where it is due and McCourty deserves it.

So if Butler is 4th on the depth chart now, who replaced him and how will that replacement do against Edwards?

The Jets receiving core is better than the Steelers. Hines Ward is aged and Mike Wallace, while very good, can not make up for the rest of the receiving options the Jets present this season.

You didn't watch very closely. the patriots don't match CBs to receivers, they keep them on one side of the ball. McCourty held Johnson to something like 13 yards over the course of the game. Get your facts straight. I'm trying to find where I saw these stats.

So Rod Woodson is correct then? Because Rod Woodson said that both Dan Marino and John Elway are better than Tom Brady. This discussion came to light because of discussion regarding the top 100 NFL players of all time. I believe Marino was 25, Elway was 23, and Brady 21.

Logic fail? Saying one analyst's opinion is wrong doesn't imply the other's is right...

You don't even follow the New England Patriots to even make an educated assessment of the matchups. Just another ill-informed Jets fan beating his chest on the PatsFans message board.

Do all patriot fans have inferiority complexes? You became a member here in Oct 2005 and you reside in Texas so I'm guessing that was a result of the Patriot superbowl victory in the 2004 season? Putting Andre Tippett as your avatar is a nice touch, making people think that you've been a fan since the 80's.. I like your style.

Last edited:

You are utilizing one man's opinion to forecast the outcome of a football game. Truly pathetic!

Do all patriot fans have inferiority complexes? You became a member here in Oct 2005 so I'm guessing that was a result of the Patriot superbowl victory in the 2004 season? Putting Andre Tippett as your avatar is a nice touch, making people think that you've been a fan since the 80's.. I like your style.

You joined here in 2010. So I assume Patriots hater since November of 2010?

Lol.. playing the titles card. The past has nothing to do with who plays next monday. It's not like Joe Namath is lining up against Drew Bledsoe. The only thing the past can be used for is experience, and even then this Patriot team is young and most haven't been a part of the glory days.

I could also say something stupid like, oh yeah.. the yankees have 27 championships the Pats don't even have 5.

feel free to look up the meaning of context...in the past fifty years, the Bills, the Dolphins and the Pats have enjoyed much success....the tattered green bum living a an old car down by the swamp is...you guessed it, whinestein...every renter's worst nightmare..the New York Jets.

yeah eifmp....I mean ,what Pats fan hasn't heard THAT Jet fan mantra..

If/Then...Jets weeeeeee-un!!!

The FACT of the matter is you were shut out, at home,after two weeks to prepare.,..THAT is a horrible performance no matter how many silk purses you slip on that pig's arm.

Here's another fun Jet FACT...in FIFTY YEARS, the Jets have won exactly FOUR AFC East titles...please spare us your moral indignation when we don't take your ministrations and protestations seriously.

So you ask me for an explanation for the 9-0 shutout loss to the Packers. Then when I give you one, you just toss it aside like "yeah, so what, and...?" So then why did you ask me for a reasoning if you didn't even care in the first place. What about the loss to the Browns? I'd rather lose to a 7-4 packer team 9-0, to a 8-3 Raven team 10-9, than a terrible Browns team 34-14. 34-14! Care to explain that one?

You joined here in 2010. So I assume Patriots hater since November of 2010?

Yes, that is correct. Perhaps I struck a nerve because you're here for the same reasons sir?

Do all patriot fans have inferiority complexes? You became a member here in Oct 2005 and you reside in Texas so I'm guessing that was a result of the Patriot superbowl victory in the 2004 season? Putting Andre Tippett as your avatar is a nice touch, making people think that you've been a fan since the 80's.. I like your style.
You tell me the Patriots defensive changes since the first time the Patriots played the Jets. All I hear is the first time they played, the first time they played. Obviously Jets fans only care about the past history (as in week 2), not the manner in which both teams are currently playing.

Yes, that is correct. Perhaps I struck a nerve because you're here for the same reasons sir?

Nope because people in the real world know that when you joined a message board has no bearing on when you became a fan. But nice try. :bricks:

Logic fail? Saying one analyst's opinion is wrong doesn't imply the other's is right...

True...You are right. Mistake admitted. I'm just curious about why he mentioned nothing about Rod Woodson who chose the Pats over the Jets. He derided Jaime because he picked the Jets. If Woodson is often wrong in his opinions/analysis then why didn't he choose to state that as well?

feel free to look up the meaning of context...in the past fifty years, the Bills, the Dolphins and the Pats have enjoyed much success....the tattered green bum living a an old car down by the swamp is...you guessed it, whinestein...every renter's worst nightmare..the New York Jets.

I understand context, you do not understand reality. The past has nothing to do with today's teams. When the patriots and jets play on Monday night, the final score will not be adjusted according to past failures and successes. You can print out 8.5 x 11's of Tom Brady holding up the Lombardi trophy and please yourself* as you wish, but it has no influence on the field Dec 6.

*masturbate

So you ask me for an explanation for the 9-0 shutout loss to the Packers. Then when I give you one, you just toss it aside like "yeah, so what, and...?" So then why did you ask me for a reasoning if you didn't even care in the first place. What about the loss to the Browns? I'd rather lose to a 7-4 packer team 9-0, to a 8-3 Raven team 10-9, than a terrible Browns team 34-14. 34-14! Care to explain that one?

So you would rather lose to two playoff teams and beat a subpar team than to beat the colts, steelers, ravens and chargers and lose one game to a subpar team? I don't quite understand.

Of course I am a rabid Patriots hater, I hate them more than any sports team. Should I like them? It also makes a lot more sense to be more hostile around your own fanbase.

..and I do joke around a lot, so I'm not playing that "just joshing around" card. Ask Sundayjack, he's a mod on TGG.

he is???...well...isn't THAT rich...the home board of the WORST ,MOST VILE,RANCID JETS FAN IN HISTORY...SG 3....I'm beginning to think Deus,Da'B and the others are right....ignore seems to be the only option left

I honestly don't know what the hell you're trying to say,
That's really not surprising. You are a Jets fan, after all. I'll try to make it simple. Trolls make ridiculous comment that are meant to inflame, which is what you did with the claim about trolling Pats fans on your board...

but if you have a deep seated interest in the backstory, I'm a mod on one of the Jets boards. That's pretty easy to check by just visiting the three boards and looking at the mod list.
I have no desire to visit another team's board. I don't see the point.
I come here several times a year. Until this occasion, I've had cordial discussions with Pats fans.

This time was interesting, because a slew of antsy posters got their hackles up about points that they superimposed on my posts. So I play along.
Good for you.

You are utilizing one man's opinion to forecast the outcome of a football game. Truly pathetic!

He likes the Jets better. He also illustrates the complete team aspect that I think gives the Jets the advantage as the better team. Now I do think they'll win on Monday, but I did not post this video to prove that. I posted the video to show there is more to the game than Tom Brady vs Mark Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back