PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one who doesn't think we'll win the SB?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will we win the SB?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never expect something like a Superbowl victory. Maybe you guys take it for granted, but I don't.

I hope for them to make the playoffs.

I hope for them to be healthy heading into the playoffs, and playing with passion.

If that is true, then winning a Superbowl will be slightly easier, but still very difficult.

Any of you that automatically expect a Superbowl victory as if God has chosen the Pats above all other teams are being way way Homer. God pissed on us last year in the Broncos game.

They will have to earn everything, and not get screwed by the refs or fate.

I hope they make the playoffs and I hope they get to the Superbowl, and I hope that they win a Superbowl so the media and bloggers will stop talking about our ex-kicker as if he is the reason behind all of Brady's success.

But I don't take it for granted.

Thank you 5 Rings for bringing some sanity to the table.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I never expect something like a Superbowl victory. Maybe you guys take it for granted, but I don't.

I hope for them to make the playoffs.

I hope for them to be healthy heading into the playoffs, and playing with passion.

If that is true, then winning a Superbowl will be slightly easier, but still very difficult.

Any of you that automatically expect a Superbowl victory as if God has chosen the Pats above all other teams are being way way Homer. God pissed on us last year in the Broncos game.

They will have to earn everything, and not get screwed by the refs or fate.

I hope they make the playoffs and I hope they get to the Superbowl, and I hope that they win a Superbowl so the media and bloggers will stop talking about our ex-kicker as if he is the reason behind all of Brady's success.

But I don't take it for granted.

You know I think you are dead on here. We have an owner committed to winning, a FO commited to putting the best team, yes team, on the field, a coaching staff commited to the game, and players who love NE. Where does any of this guarantee a SB? Half you guys act like there is something wrong when we dont win the SB. Thats jus not realistic. While we would like to do it every year, some of you act like it is an easy task. That is ignorance. Get some repect for the game and the other 31 teams, and get a clue as to why a SB is not automatic. Get some respect for what BB/SP are doing to win. Half you guys are spoiled little brats with no grip upon reality. It's easy to win? Sure just ask the Colts.

Football is a blood sport, and sometimes us desk jockeys get a little confused about how hard just winning one game is. :bricks:

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
No, you're missing the point of this thread, but that's not suprising.
I also don't think your poll questions give a very good set of choices to really find out what folks think.

And if all you look at are the negatives or subtractions, you are REALLY missing almost the whole point of teams (especially the Pats) having positives and additions as well. You have to realize that it's a balancing of those two that you need to do to figure out if chances are better this year of winning a superbowl than 2001 ? 2003 ? 2004 ? 2005 ?

Also, what does "doesn't think we'll win the superbowl" mean. You can't possibly mean that we have "no chance" can you ? But, come to think about it, that seems to be the way you did your poll questions, so maybe that is what you think.

We have a playoff quality team. I would think that all fans in this position (and some other) would expect their team to win the SB at this point. For example, I bet Philly fans expect the SB.

This is not the same as making a bet. It is not the same as asking AFTER the season. Most posters are furious that we didn't win it all last year. I thought we did great. Some of us do remember having games at the end of the season where we were playing for the first round draft choice.

Sure, we will be fans and appreciate every game, even if the team loses. bb and pioli have already given us a lifetime of accomplishments. And yes, I am satisfied if we get to the playoffs, even as a wildcard, and get to play in the second season. In any given year, most fans don't have that opportunity.

Digger44 said:
You know I think you are dead on here. We have an owner committed to winning, a FO commited to putting the best team, yes team, on the field, a coaching staff commited to the game, and players who love NE. Where does any of this guarantee a SB? Half you guys act like there is something wrong when we dont win the SB. Thats jus not realistic. While we would like to do it every year, some of you act like it is an easy task. That is ignorance. Get some repect for the game and the other 31 teams, and get a clue as to why a SB is not automatic. Get some respect for what BB/SP are doing to win. Half you guys are spoiled little brats with no grip upon reality. It's easy to win? Sure just ask the Colts.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Any of you that automatically expect a Superbowl victory as if God has chosen the Pats above all other teams are being way way HOMER. God pissed on us last year in the Broncos game.

I want to be a HOMER so bad.

But, my expectations for the team is the they will be in a position to compete for a Championship.

That is all any fan should be thinking at this time of year.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
Thank you 5 Rings for bringing some sanity to the table.

Well the insanity was the poll in the first place. You give people two choices. Blatant homerism or sky is falling failure.

Still waiting for you to answer Pats1's question on where we have lost pretty much our entire secondary. Or the question who you see representing the AFC instead of the "flawed" Pats.

You never know what happens once the games are played. Do the Pats finally have a year where they aren't decimated by injuries? well if they do I don't see another team out there that is better. Can someone beat them...of course. But a poll of 100% postive ignoring that you have to play the games or a 100% negative, again ignoring you have to play the games and the Pats recent history of replacing leaving players is a stupid poll, especially when you praise a poster that mentions that anything can happen. Well of course but your "poll" didn't allow anyone to express that, seems that you just wanted to jump on people that think the Pats actually have a good team and add the innuendo that if they don't WIN the SB they are a collosal failure.

Again who do you see in the AFC that is BETTER than the Pats???

Last edited:
Sign me up under the Homer column!

I see us winning this SB, and many more to follow. Sure this team has many weaknesses, but which team doesn't? I think this team is much improved from our SBs run, the names might not be the same, but we're improved nonetheless.

EDIT: And yes, I do think you are the only one who doesn't think we will win the SB. But hopefully Brady and co will change your mind soon:)

Last edited:
Ummm...who did we lose in our LB corp, besides 34 year OLD Willie, the other starters, Bruschi, Vrabel & Colvin are still here.

Who did we lose as far as our receivers ? Only Givens left, Branch (we'll see) & Brown are still here.

Who did we lose in our secondary ? I believe Randall Gay and Assante Samuel started at CB and Wilson and Harrison started at safety, I believe they are still here, and we've added a lot more depth with Hobbs (starting over Gay), Scott, Sanders, Jones & now Andrews.

Excuse me for saying this, but please know what your talking about before you say what we've lost. Sure we lost our coordinators, but we have guys now who have had some experience on our team that are coodinators. The Vinatieri loss can be hurtful, but I think the offense will score more points than ever, not putting us in the position to have to always win by 3.

I don't like making excuses, but the most likely reasons for us not winning 3 in a row, was devastating injuries (Half the O-Line, both running backs missed 6-8 games, Brady played with a sports hernia, we used 15 DB's last year, Seymour missed 6 games, as well as Bruschi missing 6 games) and a brutally difficult schedule (the 3rd toughest overall).

I think that's why most Pats fans are upbeat, even with the possible loss of Branch, this offense is more potent, due to it's versatility. We've added weapons like Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson (maybe), Garrett Mills & David Thomas, plus our O-Line finally looks healthy, with a ton of depth. Plus, we finally have one of the easiest schedules in the league (I believe 7th easiest).

There are no guarantees, but IF THE PATS CAN STAY HEALTHY (That's a major IF !!!), there is no reason at all that they can't be serious SB contenders, and quite possibly win it all again. Remember, we have the best coach in the business, and the best QB. This is not a homer statement, this is an intelligent study of our team.

Not knocking you, but get your facts straight as fas as who we've lost since the last SB, and don't forget, we may have lost some guys, but it's not like we haven't added anyone.

This black or white, yes or no poll is ridiculous. We have as good a chance as any other contender. There's no guarantee of success or failure.

We have a good chance. That's all I can honestly say.

That, and can you name one team in the NFL that has no areas of weakness???

I'm going to go with the others on option c, They have as good as a chance to win the Superbowl as any other team in the leauge.

It will depend on injuries, consitency, and luck.

We are not weaker then we were two years ago. But we are different. This was inevitable and it is time to see what this incarnation is made of.

Do I expect them to win the SB, no. But I do not expect them to lose or not make it either. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, expect nothing.

This is about the craziest thread I've ever seen before the season even starts. If anyone at this point knows whether the Pats are going to win the SB or not, they're either lying or football is fixed.

Last edited:
we think were gonna win like every team fanbase does. you want them to win..so you think it

i know 49er fans saying they have a good shot with the young talent if they can just sneak a few games by Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back