PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I just a black-hearted man?

The teams/players I dislike the most are ones who ruined seasons for us during the dynasty. The Bills do not even remotely fall into that category.

For me i need at least one of two things to genuinely hate a team.

1) they win alot and threaten as a dynasty- this hasn’t happened in the afce in 30 years and even that resulted in no sbs so it really wasn’t a threat.

2) their fans bother me. this hasn’t happened since im in western pa so i encounter none in my daily life and the few jets and bills fans that post here are pretty tolerable to me ( do the dolphins even have fans?) .

so it’s been tough for me to do anything but laugh at them mostly… couldn’t care less if they win or not right now. With buf that could change soon though

Once the Pats are out of the contest, I suppose I typically have at least a vague preference for one team over the others in the various games. Is this really rooting for a rival?

The teams/players I dislike the most are ones who ruined seasons for us during the dynasty. The Bills do not even remotely fall into that category.
Don’t overthink it

I don't get fans who want to see Patriots rivals win. I was listening to Patriots Playbook and the host John Rooke said that he wanted the Bills to win because he wanted to face the defending Super Bowl champions twice next year... *facepalm*

I just don't get people who want to see our rivals succeed. For me there is no amount of (football) pain that can be struck down upon these clowns. All the ones who called us cheaters and cheer when we lose.

Am I just a black-hearted, cold blooded bastard?
Honestly I just don't hate the Bills. Maybe it comes from beating them 20 times in a row or something?:cool:

Also, really wanted KC to lose, and thought it would be hilarious to see the Bills make it to the SB only to lose to Brady.

I root for a winner that is most likely to help the Pats' chances the next year. If the Bills were to win one, their performance for the next few years would be like a 90 year old guy in a bordello; it would take all the steam out of them.

But having Cinci do this well, and leave the Bills and Chiefs in a crisis of confidence and wondering what they did wrong, if OK too. I don't see them as a rival.

As an old guy, I have a soft spot for old warriors, so when there's nothing else to root for/against, tend to lean that way.

I have a lot of reserve Hate in my soul for our True Enemies:
Miami LOLphins
Sh!ttsdirt Squealers
Bawlmore Murderer-Worshippers
Indy blood Clots
Kansass Sh!tty Queefs
Denver Donkeys
Exit 16W Vagiants

Don't really prefer the J-E-T-E, Billdos, Texans, Faidahs, Cowbums, Fecals, fudgePackers, Seahags, Cardinals or 49ers (in their case only because of the #s thing) to win a SB right now either... And one can never go wrong (except in hockey; been an LA Kings non-hater since before Gretzky) with the words Beat LA! so...Go Bengals!

WTF does He/Him mean?

Reminds me of:

545675.jpg

I root against threats to the patriots legacy. If a team has our 6 Super Bowls within sight (eg 49ers) I’m against them. If people are saying Mahomes or Rodgers is the real goat and just needs 1 more to surpass Tom Brady then I’m rooting against them.
Pretty easy stuff, folks.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back