PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I just a black-hearted man?

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't get fans who want to see Patriots rivals win. I was listening to Patriots Playbook and the host John Rooke said that he wanted the Bills to win because he wanted to face the defending Super Bowl champions twice next year... *facepalm*

I just don't get people who want to see our rivals succeed. For me there is no amount of (football) pain that can be struck down upon these clowns. All the ones who called us cheaters and cheer when we lose.

Am I just a black-hearted, cold blooded bastard?

I don't get fans who want to see Patriots rivals win. I was listening to Patriots Playbook and the host John Rooke said that he wanted the Bills to win because he wanted to face the defending Super Bowl champions twice next year... *facepalm*

I just don't get people who want to see our rivals succeed. For me there is no amount of (football) pain that can be struck down upon these clowns. All the ones who called us cheaters and cheer when we lose.

Pats vs Bills was the most lopsided absolute beatdown in the NFL for 20 straight years, it's really hard for me to conjure up genuine hate for them, especially on top of the fact they do have a genuinely electric/passionate (albeit, uh rowdy...) fanbase which is impressive given their team's history.

I don't hate anyone, but I don't root for em' TOO HARD either...it depends on history...who they are playing ....and many other factors....

But F anyone who sided with Goodell on Deflategate....and Spygate...**** em all...

See, the way that I looked at that was the Chiefs had already won one so I'd prefer to keep the Bills on the goose egg until I die.
I would never have a reason to root for the Bills over an NFC team in the Super Bowl. Idk, maybe against the Cowboys or some undefeated team.

I root against threats to the patriots legacy. If a team has our 6 Super Bowls within sight (eg 49ers) I’m against them. If people are saying Mahomes or Rodgers is the real goat and just needs 1 more to surpass Tom Brady then I’m rooting against them.

I'm with the OP here. I don't pull for our rivals. **** em

For the Super Bowl, I'm pulling for the Bengals. They're a sad sack franchise and if they win, well....good on em. Like someone else said, this is the first time in an awful long time that I don't have much of a rooting interest. You have to go back a lonnnnnng way...just typed it out...2002 season for me :oops:

2020: Rooting against Mahomes
2019: Rooting against Mahomes
2018: Pats
2017: Pats
2016: Pats
2015: Rooting against Forehead
2014: Pats
2013: Rooting against Forehead
2012: Rooting against the OG Murderer
2011: Pats
2010: Rooting for the asteroid, but didn't want the Steelers to win another
2009: Rooting against Forehead
2008: Rooting for the Cards (also against the Steelers)
2007: Pats
2006: Rooting against Forehead
2005: Rooting against the Steelers
2004: Pats
2003: Pats
2002: Didn't give a ****...so I guess this is the last time I felt like this going into a Super Bowl....damn

EDIT - Also realized this ties our longest Super Bowl drought in the BB era...wild

They threw bildos at our players on their shythole field..they can take their atomic wings and Niagara pizzbeer and shove it right up their glowing in the dark love canals...

Pizza beer?! I’m listening…

I don’t think the host would’ve said that if it were the jets.

To the other 31 - No! Kill you all. Die! Make you suffer!

To @NovaScotiaPatsFan - You are a gentleman and a scholar in my book! :) :thumbsup:

Someone's got to win.

They threw bildos at our players on their shythole field..they can take their atomic wings and Niagara pizzbeer and shove it right up their glowing in the dark love canals...

Well, they did throw away their bildos, so…

the bills fanbase drives me nuts on social media.......so i was thrilled when the chiefs beat them, but that was just the lesser of two evils, and immediately became a bengal fan

at this point i am not sure who i'll root for in the Bowl - Cinci is a nice story, but I wouldn't mind Stafford getting a little redemption at this point

the bills fanbase drives me nuts on social media.......so i was thrilled when the chiefs beat them, but that was just the lesser of two evils, and immediately became a bengal fan

at this point i am not sure who i'll root for in the Bowl - Cinci is a nice story, but I wouldn't mind Stafford getting a little redemption at this point
Stafford has already gotten plenty of redemption. His image was revived the minute the trade news dropped. After all, the NFC outcome we got is exactly what the media has been predicting for almost a full calendar year at this point -- which is why I would hate to see the Rams win. They're the new Cowboys with the amount of hype.

The Bills? The players and the fans have been insufferable these past two years. Had they not been that way, I would've been rooting for them. I'm very happy they got eliminated.

Normally, I don't care who wins the Super Bowl when the Pats aren't playing, but this year, I'm a Cinci fan.

While I have nothing against the Rams, I don't like that they have tried to buy this Super Bowl and I will laugh if they fail. Even if they do win, they are likely one & done. Have you seen their cap next year? They are already $15Million over next year's cap.

I think I hate the Chiefs way more than the Bills right now to be honest. Maybe because the Bills were a punching bag so long that I never believed they would get a ring in 2020-2021 anyway.

Now that it's Rams-Bengals it's kind of OK regardless, like Bengals is a better feel-good story but the Rams are so what since they're an NFC team with no fans that the Pats beat in the Super Bowl twice.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back