PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Always great when the refs aren't a subject of conversation after a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
They officiated a remarkably efficient game. However, there was one uncalled penalty that they did miss. With the Patriots facing 3rd and two, Edelman crossing toward the left sideline, and the CB, I believe it was Petersen, grabbed Edelman's jersey from behind, resulting in the pass being just beyond his finger tips right at the sideline necessitating a 4th down punt. Definitely pass interference, or holding at the very least, that would have resulted in a first down and a continuation of the drive. But overall, the officiating was evenhanded in a well-played game. And thankfully there was no controversial-contested play that effected the outcome.

Yep, I was expecting a screw-job finish, and not in our favor either. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the officiating, which was generally a "let 'em play" style well-suited for the POs. Congratulations to John Parry & crew for following the rules of both fair play and common sense, and for not obeying the whispers in their ears from Park Avenue.

That close a game, one play, one call could have changed the outcome....glad it didn’t....

You guys have it all wrong. The officiating gave the game to the Pats. Don't believe it? Just visit the Stoolers, Rams and Chiefs sites

Well, we lost one hell of a lot of media coverage after our conference win due to the Saints tears of rage. That call gave the media an excuse and it went with it.... anything but the Pats again.

Thankfully, all this quieted down after the SB --no bad calls and a two score win helps to quell the non-football play jabber.

They officiated a remarkably efficient game. However, there was one uncalled penalty that they did miss. With the Patriots facing 3rd and two, Edelman crossing toward the left sideline, and the CB, I believe it was Petersen, grabbed Edelman's jersey from behind, resulting in the pass being just beyond his finger tips right at the sideline necessitating a 4th down punt. Definitely pass interference, or holding at the very least, that would have resulted in a first down and a continuation of the drive. But overall, the officiating was evenhanded in a well-played game. And thankfully there was no controversial-contested play that effected the outcome.

They let a few of those go in the Pats favor as well. As long as they're calling/not calling it both ways I'm fine with it. That game for all the national grumblings had a great pace to it because it wasn't 40 flags. I rewatched part of the Steelers/Cardinals SB and the refs were dropping flag after flag against the Cards on ticky tack crap and a decade later it was frustrating to watch.

Yep, I was expecting a screw-job finish, and not in our favor either. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the officiating, which was generally a "let 'em play" style well-suited for the POs. Congratulations to John Parry & crew for following the rules of both fair play and common sense, and for not obeying the whispers in their ears from Park Avenue.
That’s probably because there were no whispers in their ears and the product on the field isn’t fixed via a top down order from Park Ave to the officials. There’s plenty of proof on that. This “it’s fixed” garbage comes from overly entitled losers.

That’s probably because there were no whispers in their ears and the product on the field isn’t fixed via a top down order from Park Ave to the officials. There’s plenty of proof on that. This “it’s fixed” garbage comes from overly entitled losers.

I agree unless you're a part of a misinformation think tank.

I agree unless you're a part of a misinformation think tank.
If anything, going to three straight, winning two, and winning 3 in the last 5 years would suggest that the playing field is fixed in favor of the Pats.

If anything, going to three straight, winning two, and winning 3 in the last 5 years would suggest that the playing field is fixed in favor of the Pats.
Oh believe me, there's plenty of neutral fans that are convinced of this despite no evidence whatsoever. Nevermind that the difference in flags can be easily explained because the Patriots play one of the most disciplined styles of football out there, no, Pats don't get flagged because cheating, obviously.

You guys have it all wrong. The officiating gave the game to the Pats. Don't believe it? Just visit the Stoolers, Rams and Chiefs sites
or Bills, or just about any other team sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back