PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Alleged) Ex-Pats Employee throws mud and makes fool of himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (Alleged ) Ex-Pats Employee is running his mouth- Claims serious allegations

The point you're missing is that money doesn't buy you heart, and in recovery/rehab heart is a lot more important than private jets. Rich guys who give up on themselves or their future don't benefit (in recovery/rehabilitation) from their advantages any more than poor people who give up. It's his attitude that is relevant to the argument, if he's an inspiration to even one kid, who are you to say he isn't or can't be a role model because he has money?

He is completely missing the point. Tedy is trying to raise awareness of strokes because a lot of people think they only happen to people over 50. They don't know the symptoms, and they don't realize it can happen to anyone.

Because Tedy is a popular football player with a favorable public profile, people are more likely to listen to him. He is telling them, "look at me, I had a stroke. If I had ignored the symptoms I might be dead. You should educate yourselves."

He is the perfect public spokesman to raise awareness because of what he went through and who he is. That is why he was sought out to send the message.

Re: (Alleged ) Ex-Pats Employee is running his mouth- Claims serious allegations

I watched that Comcast Channel 852 show last night because I wanted to see Tippett. Felgie interviewed Harrison. I'm not a big believer in body language, but man oh man was Harrison 'uncomfortable' with Felger. Kraft the son or whomever had better get their media act together. Why piss off your employees unnecessarily?

BTW Fauria did a creditable job as 2nd in command.
I watched and I agree. Harrison at one point seemed to literally struggle to keep himself in check.

I watched that Comcast Channel 852 show last night because I wanted to see Tippett. Felgie interviewed Harrison. I'm not a big believer in body language, but man oh man was Harrison 'uncomfortable' with Felger. Kraft the son or whomever had better get their media act together. Why piss off your employees unnecessarily?

Oh, I'd love to see the video of that. Do you know of a link??

I watched and I agree. Harrison at one point seemed to literally struggle to keep himself in check.

All I know is that I'd never piss off Harrison. PatsNutMe has told him where I live.:eek:

Last edited:

Belichick Sex Tape?????!!?!?!? Wheres??!?!???!??

Kudos. You should send your resume to Fred, although you're writing style is probably too logical for PFW's tastes...must be all that distance giving you perspective! Fred would probably welcome some distance in his perspective today. 6,000 miles would be about right I think!

Kudos. You should send your resume to Fred, although you're writing style is probably too logical for PFW's tastes...must be all that distance giving you perspective! Fred would probably welcome some distance in his perspective today. 6,000 miles would be about right I think!

Last edited:

FYI, the local espn radio affiliate in Tampa just mentioned Casale and his allegations on the radio here. They said they found it based on a story found on Deadspin. They made no mention of the Rams, spygate, or Bruschi, and only talked about the sex tape - an expected "eeewww" and then conjectured that it would eventually end up on the internet. The subject lasted about 90 seconds before returning to the two hot topics of the week: Brett Favre and Manny Ramirez.

The Favre & Manny stories have much wider appeal. For once, I'm thankfull!

The point you're missing is that money doesn't buy you heart, and in recovery/rehab heart is a lot more important than private jets. Rich guys who give up on themselves or their future don't benefit (in recovery/rehabilitation) from their advantages any more than poor people who give up. It's his attitude that is relevant to the argument, if he's an inspiration to even one kid, who are you to say he isn't or can't be a role model because he has money?

To an immature kid, he can be a role model. They don't know any better. However, most stroke victims are not kids. They are adults, living in the real world.

Does he have heart? Yes. But I don't see how any intelligent adult who has suffered a stroke can look at him for inspiration. If anything, he would deflate inspiration. You can make 100 excuses for giving up when comparing yourself to him. He has better doctors, better trainers. His wife can stay home with him and help, mine has to work. He can hire a nanny and get even more help from the wife, I still need to fork over cash for day care. He doesn't have the stress of having to go back to work to put food on the table. His kids are set regardless. He can go train at the Patriots facility with professional trainers for free and as often as he wants. Role model to stroke victims? Come on!

I wish we change the title of this thread to Ex-Pats Employee is running his mouth and drop the Claims serious allegations I have it a few times and still haven't found the serious allegations. It might lessen the magnet this thread seems to have.

To an immature kid, he can be a role model. They don't know any better. However, most stroke victims are not kids. They are adults, living in the real world.

Does he have heart? Yes. But I don't see how any intelligent adult who has suffered a stroke can look at him for inspiration. If anything, he would deflate inspiration. You can make 100 excuses for giving up when comparing yourself to him. He has better doctors, better trainers. His wife can stay home with him and help, mine has to work. He can hire a nanny and get even more help from the wife, I still need to fork over cash for day care. He doesn't have the stress of having to go back to work to put food on the table. His kids are set regardless. He can go train at the Patriots facility with professional trainers for free and as often as he wants. Role model to stroke victims? Come on!
Sounds to me like you're already having your own pity party and nobody in the world would "inspire" you. You're an excuses person, which is cool, good luck with that, but you can find an excuse for anything...why Tedy isn't a role model, why your life would be worse than his, blah blah blah. Me, and I think many people who appreciate his kind of story, would suggest you could find plenty of reasons why he is, just like you could find plenty of things to justify why he isn't...at the end of the day, you can find inspiration in any number of things, or you can choose not to look for inspiration at all. I see which way you go and won't argue the point further. [/hijack]

Just my opinion. I understand different people like different things. I understand they want the show to seem like guys talking in a bar. The problem is, sometimes the guys in the bar are extremely offensive. I gave the show a chance but there were repeated references to lusting after underage girls, how irish people are all drunks and comments I thought were offensive to Asian people, although I can't recall them specifically. Obviously, some were tongue in cheek, and I have a tolerance for that. But IMO it went way too far and got to the point it was embarrassing to listen to the show. They should err on the side of professionalism, representing [IMO] a classy franchise.
I spent a few minutes listening to them, just to see if it had changed. They were talking a little football and some of their comments were good. Unfortunately, they spend too much of their time, it felt to me like most of the time, talking about themselves. What they were eating for lunch, the jobs they had when they were younger, things like that. I don't know why they think a WEEI-like format will work for them. A certain number of people will tune into a Patriots-football talk station and those people largely want to hear .... football. What is it about that they don't understand?

When they talk football, they're good. I only wish they did more of it.

When the show first started last winter during the run to the playoffs, Felger had to be given certain access post game. My favorite was his interview with Tommy, who looked about as thrilled to be forced to go on air with him as someone having a root canal performed against their will. And that is telling because they used to be actual social friends. Mike just plowed through it like nothing was amiss, even ended with a thanks buddy so we'd all assume they still were... It was almost sad.

Ditto the radio show where by the end of last season he and Vrabel and Light nearly came to blows. And that's with Belichick sending in his brightest and most articulate and media savvy candidates. I recall Vrabel signing off last regular season by informing Felger that he wouldn't be back and doubted Felger would be either. He tried to set up his first Patriots regular guest, our former punter who was a funny on air guy, by not so subtley hinting he was sourcing much of Felger's insider info, and by asking him on air to bring in the rest of the kicking team. Bill approached their lunch table the following day and basically told them if they had any plans they were going to be busy that afternoon to accommodate them... Then of course Felger was allowed to sign Hanz and Franz (Hart and Casale) as regular bashers on his ESPN show.

Honestly, you always catch more flies with the judicious use of honey. I don't know what Boston mediots are thinking. But it's a damn shortsighted and ill conceived approach to succeeding. They all want to be Glenn. They just aren't nearly smart enough to figure out how he did it. He bashed them when they were losers, not when they were winners! Now they are all his friends and to some extent confidants and he's a mega media mogul with the highest ratings for a sports radio show anywhere. These days he bashes the other idiots in the media and his idiot callers. It's not nuclear physics.

All I know is that I'd never piss off Harrison. PatsNutMe has told him where I live.:eek:

I've never seen Rodney wear a skull cap during an interview. Maybe that was his way of disrespecting Felger.

I wish we change the title of this thread to Ex-Pats Employee is running his mouth and drop the Claims serious allegations I have it a few times and still haven't found the serious allegations. It might lessen the magnet this thread seems to have.

How about "Ex-Pats Employee passes gas through his mouth"?

Sounds to me like you're already having your own pity party and nobody in the world would "inspire" you. You're an excuses person, which is cool, good luck with that, but you can find an excuse for anything...why Tedy isn't a role model, why your life would be worse than his, blah blah blah. Me, and I think many people who appreciate his kind of story, would suggest you could find plenty of reasons why he is, just like you could find plenty of things to justify why he isn't...at the end of the day, you can find inspiration in any number of things, or you can choose not to look for inspiration at all. I see which way you go and won't argue the point further. [/hijack]

I don't make excuses, I call it like it is. First off, if you are a grown adult and Bruschi is your inspiration, you have issues. Secondly, if you aren't intelligent enough to see that you and he are in 2 different worlds, you have issues. Nuff said.

Nah, as usual I think he nailed it. Sad to say in this case, but true. Not sure which Kraft is responsible for the media arm of the organization but he does what his father built here a tremendous disservice. From PFW to the pre game shows to playing programming footsies with Felger and ESPN (which contractually forced some of Bill's players to interact with an opertunistic backstabber he prefers they steer clear of). The only things worth watching/listening to are produced by Channel 5 or of all outlets WEEI and they maintain a certain level of deportment or they wouldn't have a HC involved.
I've changed my mind. You're right, Benson did not overshoot his characterization. The Patriots have not been paying attention and they let this thing get away. A few painful minutes of listening to that PFW radio show helped convince me.

I don't make excuses, I call it like it is. First off, if you are a grown adult and Bruschi is your inspiration, you have issues. Secondly, if you aren't intelligent enough to see that you and he are in 2 different worlds, you have issues. Nuff said.

Perhaps you've never had an illness. If that's the case, congratulations.

I have seen firsthand what "silly role models" can do for the psyche of someone with an illness or injury.

My late Aunt had Parkinson's and I can vividly remember how much it meant to her that Michael J. Fox went public with his fight against the disease and had taken Parkinsons research funding to Congress with his testimony. I saw firsthand what it meant to her and how positive it was for her to see someone so publicly and well-spoken talking about it to the masses.

One of my best friends suffered a stroke as a child and has persevered heroically through his life, graduating from college, establishing a career and family. You mention Tedy Bruschi to him and his eyes shine. He has met Tedy on several occasions over the past two years - Tedy is very active with stroke survivors in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The fact that Tedy has returned to the field and is so open about his stroke gives many people hope, comfort and, yes, pride in a role model.

Pardon me if I'm not impressed with the depth of your knowledge on the subject of "role models" - - but I have seen the impact first hand. It is profound.

Last edited:

:eek:
Belichick sex tape? I just threw up a little.

Wait until you see the one with Tom Casale and Eric Mangini.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore