PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All Charges Against Darelle Revis Dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying I would do it but if he still wants to play and Butler is traded we could sign him for vet minimum salary and Jets would have to pay the rest of his salary up to 6M. We could give him a signing bonus so he actually makes something that hes not already getting.

He should pay the Pats to sign him. Then we're talking.

Can just see him ending back in New England and his value now is as low as it ever will be with the way he played last season.

I don't see Revis back in NE. He tanked last season and it's hard to see him committing the effort to really play well again. I would look elsewhere for secondary help.

He's done working his ass off. He should go to the Rams.

Revis doesn't care about winning. I don't want a guy like that here.
If he didn't care about winning, he wouldn't have come here in the first place.

Something tells me he is making his way back here. He's young enough that there is no reason he can't be a shut down #2 corner. Get in shape, get motivated and that's a heck of a chip to have in the defensive backfield.
Yes...a "chip" at Corner with a "chip on his shoulder."
The Pats have done pretty well with a QB with a chip on his shoulder these past 16 years.

Revis doesn't care about winning. I don't want a guy like that here.
I don't know one way or the other whether I want Revis back in NE, but I do think he came here because he cared about winning.

He went to the Jets because he also cared about cashing a big check from a witless Owner. I don't blame him for that.

I do, however, have issues with the things he said about the Patriots after he left. I'm not sure I can get past that, but if BB can and the locker-room is cool with it,, I'm fine with it.

I absolutely think he has 1 or two above average years left. He was out of shape and AFAIK had nagging injuries last year. He's not Revis Island, but even given that the highlights I saw of him getting burned were speed merchants with great throws and really good catches like from AJ Green.

It doesn't seem to be a popular opinion here, but I'd LOVE to see Revis back on here. There's no question in my mind given his experience and with occasional safety help he'd be a valuable addition to the 2nd corner spot and extremely valuable depth.

It'd be a one year deal obviously. But if he gets in shape, is healthy, and is looking for that last 2-3 year payday, I can see him having a Pro Bowl season again.

What used to be Revis Island is now a Continent. Africa, Antartica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America, and Revis. No Thanks.

Good for him that the charges got dismissed. The whole thing sounded fishy. However, no thanks on having him back here. He quit on the Jets last year. I don't want him quitting on us, and he's not going to want the contract that Pats are likely to offer him. Thanks for 2014 and goodbye.

I don't know one way or the other whether I want Revis back in NE, but I do think he came here because he cared about winning.

He went to the Jets because he also cared about cashing a big check from a witless Owner. I don't blame him for that.

I do, however, have issues with the things he said about the Patriots after he left. I'm not sure I can get past that, but if BB can and the locker-room is cool with it,, I'm fine with it.

I disagree that he cares about winning. Revis has always been about two things: himself and money. He went to the Pats because they offered him a lot of money. It's not like he came here on the cheap. And because what better way to show the entire league that you can still play than having a great year with the preeminent franchise in football? Like Bennett said: they overpay SuperBowl champs. I don't think he wants to lose. But I don't think it bothers him much either or factors into his decision making. I honestly think that if the Rams or 49ers threw a bunch of money at him he would sign with either team in a heartbeat.

Says he wants to be Steeler, sounds good to me, watch them get Cooks on him and say goodbye.

I want to date Jennifer Aniston. That doesn't mean she is going to divorce her husband for me.

Damn! I was looking forward to a Revis/Hernandez matchup.

People are underselling Revis. He can still play - the Jest were putting him on #1's without help and he's way past that point. He knows the game like few others.

As for things he said, if it's okay with the Pats players, then really, who cares?

Two-year deal, vet minimum (so the Jest have to put it up to 6, haha), and a modest amount year two.

And when he comes to sign, make a bunch of cupcakes with SB49 rings. Heck, it'd be worth it just for that!

BTW- those charges in Pittburgh were always pretty sketchy. I'm not surprised at all with this result.
The system here is a complete joke. This is the second high profile case this year if you include Porter where serious charges were filed (agg assault), only to see them dismissed only days/weeks later.

People are underselling Revis. He can still play - the Jest were putting him on #1's without help and he's way past that point. He knows the game like few others.

As for things he said, if it's okay with the Pats players, then really, who cares?

Two-year deal, vet minimum (so the Jest have to put it up to 6, haha), and a modest amount year two.

And when he comes to sign, make a bunch of cupcakes with SB49 rings. Heck, it'd be worth it just for that!

You lost him right there...

The system here is a complete joke. This is the second high profile case this year if you include Porter where serious charges were filed (agg assault), only to see them dismissed only days/weeks later.
I can see your point on the Porter thing, where there was a dashboard tape that seemed to cooberate the charges. But the case against Revis was weak from the start, when the voice on the tape was clearly not him. What was the judge to do when a guy testifies that HE was the guy who punched the guys out and his voice matched the tape.

I'm usually with you on the systematic unfairness of the legal system, which has become the best system money can buy, but in this one incident, I think justice was served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST